Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-10-2005, 02:50 PM
I read it in the paper this morning poor puppy
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
That is just awful! What kind of person or peoples do something like that! Do they not realise there is a trusting, loving being with feelings!
I am beyond angry, it is just very, very, very sad!!!!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-10-2005, 02:59 PM
words fail me!!!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz
I have to disagree - sick people cannot necessarily help what they do - if someone is sick - they need help - and not a gun to the head. it's a sad world that we live in yes - but as ghandi said - an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

xx
Without wishing to start an argument, if "sick people" of this sort are helped, they go on to BREED - and we end up with more of them, and more of this sort of thing. As what has been done here is inhumane, the perpetrators can hardly be described as human, so it's not even capital punishment - it's eradicating a pest, like wiping out malaria or smallpox!

Snorri
(with NO sympathy for this kind of "sick")
:smt071
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 03:06 PM
that's an awful thing to say - In fairness a lot of people have that attitude to some animals - and some breeds of dog - and i think it's terrible. There's nothing to say that someone who is mentaly ill will have mentally ill children. This was the attitude had in some countries - South Africa, USA etc - where they went around killing black people, arabs etc - just because they thought it was better to stop them breeding - not everyone is the same.

And to kill someone who did this, while of course they are in the wrong, and it was an act of evil, that makes you no better than them - an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 03:12 PM
I was devastated to read this in the sun newspaper today. A gang of youths hanged a poor dalmation pup to death, strung it up in a tree 50ft above the ground. It broke my heart to read this and think of the poor thing choking to death, i bet when they took it out it was delighted thinking it was going on a nice walk

Apparantly there were empty cider bottles and evidence of drugs around the base of the tree, what kind of animals are they to even think of doing such a thing. The newspaper has put up a 5K reward, but even if they do get the culprits, if they are youths they won't get imprisioned for it anyway

Is it me or does there seem to be so much more cruelty these days? Just recently there were the boys who kicked that boxer pup around, threw it over a wall and stole it, dogs used for shark bait and now this. It seems every day there are more and more instances of animal cruelty. It upsets me greatly to see it
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 03:17 PM
It's devasting Poor beautiful dog - may he sleep in peace finally

What is concerning is whoever is responsible perfects it on animals and may decide to try it on a human.

The quicker this person/s are caught, the better for the safety of animals and mankind.

Disturbed, cowardly individuals.

Beautiful Dalli, sleep well.

Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2005, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=Zoundz There's nothing to say that someone who is mentaly ill will have mentally ill children.

xx[/QUOTE]

But they are very likely to go on and inculcate this attitude in their own offspring - nurture rather than nature - that is, of course, if their children survive their childhood! The kids begin to think that this sort of behaviour is acceptable (after all, their parents did it).

We are assuming here that the perpetrators of this act are ill in some way, because WE think they have to be ill to have done it. In this case, I think they may not be sick, just plain EVIL.

Snorri
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 03:33 PM
no - not assuming they are ill - in fact i doubtthey are - but IF they are then they should not be condemned in such a way as that is just as evil as what they did if you get me?

No - I have no doubt at all that this interpretation of them being 'psychopaths' is simply cr*p journalism.

xx
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2005, 03:38 PM
it doesnt matter if they are Sick or Disturbed at the end of the day they should be punished for their actions. its about time they did something about this to try and stop it, there has been too much lately, you had the one where they threw the doggie of the motoway bridge, you have had the doggies being hanged and the ones with all the fireworks, they need to do something and soon!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »