View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Dogs are smart, my old Staffie Sam hurt his foot when he was about 8-9 months old even just short of his 15th birthday if you said "Whose got a poorly foot then" he would limp and hop on three legs.............oddly enough all the way to the treat box.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2017, 04:07 PM
I can't get over how fast she can still run, this is a dog with tumours here there and everywhere, and she took off like there's no tomorrow
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
we will be going in a horse drawn wagon.
Enjoy your holiday Brenda and remember to keep your head down, those Injuns can be pretty scary
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I can't get over how fast she can still run, this is a dog with tumours here there and everywhere, and she took off like there's no tomorrow
Thing is June we must remember that she doesn't know she has tumours She reminds me so much of Baruska, I think it's the 'pack leader' gene in her which makes her do these things. If she actually got face to face with the other dog there would be a lot of growling and such. Would she try to kill it I don't think so. Unfortunately the one and only dog expert in CZ told my wife you can't remove the 'pack leader' gene They've either got or they haven't.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2017, 04:47 PM
That is correct Harvey, I will never be able to stop her doing what she was born to do. Wish I could have, I did manage to tone it down with all the training I have done, and at training club (apart from a few attempts at collies - which she hates with a passion) she was reasonable trustworthy, but I was never completely confident with her like I am with the others. Today was like going back in time though, she was off and nothing was going to stop her, luckily the gate did. She is obviously not feeling poorly one iota is she
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Just thought I would share my motoring experience with you all today:-

I nearly had a head on collision with a POLICE CAR

As Lynn will tell you we have a lot of very narrow 'unclassified' roads around here, as I was approaching Sapiston I noticed a 'for sale' sign had just appeared so I slowed to have a look (Well you do don't you )

It was on a blind bend, after a quick look at the house I looked ahead and comming round the bend was this cop car, head to head,

He turned quickly on to the grass, he was going faster than I was, I did the same on my side, not grass but got two nearside wheels off the road.

We passed with about an inch between us.............phew
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-04-2017, 04:56 PM
but I was never completely confident with her like I am with the others.
Yes know the feeling well, I was never worried about Rianna but Baruska always had to be on lead if we were in town. It was fortunate that where we lived we never saw anyone on our walks.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-04-2017, 05:02 PM
She is obviously not feeling poorly one iota is she
That's the amazing thing about dogs especially like Cariad and Baruska. If their instinct tells them to do something they do it pain or no pain.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Visited dentist today and had stitches removed where wisdom tooth was removed two weeks ago hospital tomorrow for eye checkup
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Good even good folks - and everyone else...........
We've had rain. hail, and shine here.
But you put up with that when you have a big, active dog. Max isn't altogether happy to initially get out in it. But he won't be left behind.
I got a picture of him covered with hailstones. Looks like big dandruff.....
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >