View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2016, 06:27 PM
Evening all looks like a varied day all round.

Gordon that sounds a lovely present a walking stick with antler handle. A good choice was made there. You "bit of a do" sounds lovely I am taking my nightcrew guy out on Sunday evening.....Christmas is a coming and fast.

Lynn I have no idea what to say about the car situation other than thankfully no one was on the drive when it happened. Your luck seems to err on the side of trying.

Tawneywolf not caught up but any new pictures of the pups? and what was is your secret news. Hope its not your clutch. I imagine this damp wet is worse for clearing up than any other sort of weather with the dogs being outside.

Moyra bet you are nice and christmasey with your tree up. I am glad Steve did it for you you HAVE to have a tree.

Brenda Opps almost missed the r in your name and called you Benda ; glad the rads will be fitted and thinking about it good luck really they decided to leak at the same time only one workman charge to pay.
What tablet did you get?

Nippy Bad luck about your washing machine but a good fast delivery time, glad your party went well it is kinda interesting the reaction people without large families have when they get involved with them.

Sue A new macbook good for you, do you not fid it amazing when thought about howfast we have things delivered these days.....

Well my day has been a bit of shopping, and deciding to get a new phone mine is one step up from a carrier pidgeon at the moment but going "new age" and getting a smart phone........ Scary music needed here so duh duh duh
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2016, 06:58 PM
STILL can't say on The News, thought it would be out by now, but its not, and until then I can't comment on my part in it
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2016, 08:13 PM
Talk about being ripped off this must be the all time daddy of ripoffs.

Sue "er indoors" took her mackbook to the Apple store in Brighton to see if the trackpad could be replaced. That is the part that the finger goes on to move the curser etc.

They said it was not worth replacing the one on hers that was cracked. They wanted £150 to do the 30 minute job, purely I suspect they wanted to sell her a new one at £1500.

What a load of "Bo**ocks"!!!! I have just ordered a new genuine trackpad and tools off that well known auction site for £30.

How can they justify £150 for parts costing £25 whch is the actual cost ??? the tools I need cost £5.25.

All it took to find out how was a watching on youtube which shows in great detail the proceedure.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-12-2016, 10:41 PM
Tumbleweed - "How can they justify £150 for parts costing £25 whch is the actual cost"

How can they do that - Simple, we live in 2016 not 1916

Six times actual cost for a 'mark up' is actually low for 2016 there's many firms in Europe and America use 'mark up' multiples far higher

In 1916 the parts might have cost 5 shillings (Old money) and they might have sold it for 6 shillings (20% gross margin) Of course they didn't have computers back then nor did they have to ship things from the other side of the world to do a repair.

And yes, we live in a throwaway society, advertising and peer pressure pushes people to buy new and not repair things anymore and that means the repairing skills are not around.

And your not so friendly computer shop will likely make more money selling a new machine than repairing your old one.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
STILL can't say on The News, thought it would be out by now, but its not, and until then I can't comment on my part in it
This is getting more and more intriguing
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Evening all, been a bit busy today. Had a good training session this week and next week is the Christmas party, I am not taking my 2 but......one of the rescue dogs will be my companion, a lovely blue staffy called Shiloh....very pleased he will get a night on the tiles lol
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2016, 11:03 PM
You are quite correct Harvey, sinister intrigue is all the rage in the Metropolitan Borough of Bolton nowadays.
None better at it than that Mistress of Cunning and Subterfuge - the dreaded Tawneywolf (or as we kbow her, our June) she is weaving a veritable Bayeux Tapestry of subtle but strangely magical curiosity inducing rhetoric.
We lesser beings (for this is surely what we are in this case) must await her pleasure, as regards revelations! LOL !
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Griff - Good to hear you enjoyed your trainings session this evening. Lovely of you to take Shiloh to the Xmas party. It's so nice to know that although he's a rescue case, he's not going to miss out on the Ho-Ho-Ho's.
Well that's me finished for the evening, busy day tomorrow, as stated previously (going to Welsh Wales for a couple of days) I'm just hoping this hill fog clears in the morning.
Goodnight all - look after yourselves, I'll see you all in a few days time. G.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Tumbleweed - "How can they justify £150 for parts costing £25 whch is the actual cost"

How can they do that - Simple, we live in 2016 not 1916

Six times actual cost for a 'mark up' is actually low for 2016 there's many firms in Europe and America use 'mark up' multiples far higher

In 1916 the parts might have cost 5 shillings (Old money) and they might have sold it for 6 shillings (20% gross margin) Of course they didn't have computers back then nor did they have to ship things from the other side of the world to do a repair.

And yes, we live in a throwaway society, advertising and peer pressure pushes people to buy new and not repair things anymore and that means the repairing skills are not around.

And your not so friendly computer shop will likely make more money selling a new machine than repairing your old one.
that £25 is what I can get the item for, an Apple shop network could get it a lot cheaper buying in bulk no doubt for about £10 or even less.
That puts their markup a lot higher than you said. This makes it an even bigger rip off than I posted
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2016, 12:18 AM
Its me that's been left hanging in mid air, I was told it would be released on Social Media over the weekend, but nuffink so far. Will be a relief to tell all.
LG, forgot to say the stick sounds lovely, I do see them every so often and am envious of their owners. A real keepsake.
Have now taken the bulk of stuff out of the wardrobe, theirs bin bags full of dog bedding and used throws, plus a brand new duvet for when I do get the room looking better and a new bed in it. Tomorrow will have to see if it is the clutch as I suspect. Its non stop, every week its something. Christmas shopping is done at least, after speaking to Alun yesterday I doubt any building work will be done now, and thats when the forecast wasn't for rain. Money put on one side for him is no longer ring fenced! This months bills are paid, apart from water and I owe some Council Tax, most of that's paid for the year now, could be worse.
Shiloh is a lovely name, Griff. Hope he enjoys the party
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3