Female 

03-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Hello all,
Don't take it personally Moyra
I will add if anyone wants a whinge, rant whatever I'm happy to listen
Griff I'm so glad Dex is feeling better
I get what you mean Brenda
Sounds like a busy day tomorrow TW, the fire does sounds a good idea

I've been to SW to weigh in, that's another 1kb off, that's 1stone 4lbs off now then met friends for coffee & lunch, then picked up Rosie's food from the Petshop
Took Rosie out when I got in for a good walk
Now am sitting in front of the tv. I'm looking forward to watching Micheal Bubble at 8pm I do like him
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Oops Mandy weigh in first then eat. works for me. Paul o Grady on.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Well been and done it! What I hear you ask? My old computer. decided to give it a test run and the sound card had packed up and it had the old windows XP on it. took out the hard drive and it was dated 2005 so 11 years old.Last time I dived into the guts it was all the old connections which were also obsolete. So now it has a one way trip to the dump. Also sent the letter off to the DVLA so now got to wait to see what they come back with, got to try but don't have much hope of getting my licence back
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I think we all get down at times. I know I do but I only have to look at Tyto or read an email from a friend or read some of the postings and that gets me to pull myself together.
You know what Brenda, looking into the eyes of ones dog is the most amazing therapy, they just have a look which says everything about the relationship between man and dog.

To avoid getting depressed I can strongly recommend switching off the TV / Radio News, I can't understand how these media muppets expect everyone to get excited about all the places they've been, and I'm detecting hidden agendas here, there, and everywhere

Thought I had best put a few laughing icons in there in case you thought I was paranoid
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Still got XP on my netbook and its running fine
Well done on your weight loss Mandy, you are really good
Hoping Dex is better tomorrow, Griff, is there another option if he still doesn't 'go'
Harvey, have you thought about putting a strip of rubber matting down where the dogs like to be, just keep the chill off them. I've got some offcuts of the stable matting in the kennels, and its down in the yard, and a piece by the back door and there's always someone on them
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
don't have much hope of getting my licence back
If you don't apply you'll never know. Hope it goes your way.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-11-2016, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Harvey, have you thought about putting a strip of rubber matting down where the dogs like to be, just keep the chill off them. I've got some offcuts of the stable matting in the kennels, and its down in the yard, and a piece by the back door and there's always someone on them
What a great idea, they are going to build an outdoor arena (Without roof) on part of the paddocks behind us and some special flooring which is rubber based is planned, maybe I can pick up a few off cuts I'll let you know.

In the summer he used to lay under the apple tree but when we turfed it he moved, seems he doesn't like grass, maybe it's to damp, I thought he would like it as it's softer than bare earth but like I said he's a character.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Soil is a better insulator, thats why they dig holes, cool in the summer,warm in the winter.
I've used stable matting for years now its very tough, easy to clean and can be cut to whatever size you need. Nice and warm with shavings on in winter and in summer I don't put much down in the way of shavings and they are cool.
Plus, with soil and with matting its good for large boned dogs as they don't get pressure sores
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Evening all - thought I better pop on just in case anyone imagined the Mem had slipped me the old "mouse powder" to be rid of me! lol !
Moyra - I think you do a splendid job starting the Thread off each day - please don't think of leaving us. I do think that sometimes people just have too much on their plate or are feeling down in the dumps and so don't post. I doubt if it has anything to do with loyalty. People who feel poorly or not at their best all have different ways of dealing with their problems to some it is automatic to want to share their sentiments, others(me included) just close down and withdraw into their own little world until the mood or illness passes. Many times if I fail to post for a day or two it is because I am just too tired, for I always feel duty bound to get out and work on the place. Common sense should tell me to stop but I have always been used to hard work and would feel I'd let myself down if I didn't do all I was capable of. Please do not misinterpret my absences as a lack of loyalty they are invariably due to a lack of energy.
Griff - I hope Dex is feeling a god bit better and is firing on all cylinders again.
June - good luck with the Sweep tomorrow - I seem to remember that last year you had one that was both efficient and tidy. Hope you get the same one again.
Hope all our other members are well and their weather is better than ours has been today (Cold, grey, wet!). Bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2016, 10:34 PM
Gosh its cold, I am having an early night tonight...so see you all tomorrow
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >