View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Norma - It's like so many country related sports - the actions of a tiny minority reflect badly on the decent practitioners. I have no objection to fishermen or their sport just hate anyone who has total disregard for the countryside, it's waterways, wildlife and people.
Sorry - don't mean to rant it's just something that gets my goat! lol ! which is funny as I don't have a "goat" to get.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Seem to be OK by the canal with fishing tackle, but do find discarded floats etc on the river.
WELL...Bit Of Gossip as regards the sheep. Was finishing off the bottom of the decking and Nigel rolled up to mow the grass (more like check I had watered it and not let it die) was asking about the sheep and it turns out his brothers dogs are being accused of it, someone saw them minutes after the attack near the scene....only thing is these dogs are brown and white and one is pure white and not a speck on them and I agree with him that going by the piccies (one of dead ones was expecting as well) the dogs would have been covered, I have seen mine when they have had a squirrel so Lord know what these dogs would have looked like if it had have been them. Nigel says if their dogs don't go after their sheep, why on earth, after years of them being in a field next door to their farm would they all of a sudden decide to somehow get in and out of that field and attack the other sheep. He is quite prepared to take the action necessary if it should prove to be them, but I do agree with him on this one, its not that likely. The family do have a poor reputation, no doubt about it, bit like the Clampetts, so probably why they have got the blame, but I did say to Nigel my theory was someone had put the dog in the field to get it to kill, then took it out and legged it. He thinks someones dog has got through the top bit of wire and they've got the dog out and done a runner, I can't see any dog getting through that top bit without getting stuck fast.
Cannot believe, Lynn, that adults bring their parents with them when the going gets a bit rocky. When will they learn to stand on their own two feet and take the consequences for their own actions or inaction
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2016, 01:27 PM
June - How high is that fence (the one around the sheep) because I've never had a lurcher that couldn't do a five bar gate with ease and the bigger ones like Fagin and Gypsy can clear 6 feet without breaking stride - especially if they have something in their sights. I'd be looking no further than your local running dog lads. That's the trouble with keeping lurchers, for every good owner there are at least half a dozen A-holes.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Luckily our fishermen here seem to be the decent ones and like you Norma and Lg no objections to them Mark and the boys enjoy fishing and he teaches them to clean up.
Oh dear June I am wondering if it was Pikey's ?

What a bad nan I am Joel went to Ardeche today on his school trip I thought he was going tomorrow. Mark has just messaged to say he got away ok but was a little nervous.
Owen comes back Sunday apparently in youngster speak its sick. That means its good.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 01:43 PM
June just a thought wonder if Charlie Fox could be responsible for the killings
Shame if someone's' innocent dog/s getting the blame
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 02:12 PM
It is a shame about the sheep but people shouldn't go round spreading gossip they need hard facts.

Fancy taking your parents when you are an adult. Half the time if I got told off at school I never told my parents, my fault so took the punishment.

Have your cleaned the oven yet Norma, if not another day will do

Hope everything is calm in your house Griff and appointment ts have been made.

Its turned into a lovely sunny day and now very warm but too late to out the washing out as that has been through the tumble dryer.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 02:33 PM
We haven't heard from griff in a while you don't think her dad has her under the floorboards ?
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Do hope Griff isn't buried under the floorbaords Hope all dogs and humans are well, sorry too lazy/busy to make individual comments lol laughed at those people taking their parents with them, my parents would have told me to sort it out myself.

Hope Brenda's train came on time and she's already at her destination having a lovely time.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
OMG Lynn who on earth thinks that is a good idea

There was a time when parents would discipline their child if he / she did anything obviously wrong.

But now we have 'uman rights and a media obsessed with stirring up trouble and parents who think that no one can discipline their offspring, whatever they've done it's not his / her fault. My thoughts and admiration go out to Gordon.

One thing I know is that I could never be a teacher and sure as hell couldn't sit in a room with one or two parents in complete denial about their chavy brats behaviour.

I would suggest that it's his favorite meal on the menu tonight, a couple of glasses of nice wine, soft music, and.............well you can guess the rest
I would say Harvey, having been a teaching assistant in school not all parents are in denial about their children, and are there for help and finding out how their child will be dealt with. Don't get me wrong there are some parents and I use that term loosely, who actually don't care, which is why the children misbehave, for attention to see how far they can push it to get any attention. Then there's those you describe.
My youngest brother was one of those misbehaving kids, don't know why cos nothing wrong with our home life, my mum was not in denial, my brother just acted like a brat.
Careful to not assume all kids are the same or parents for that matter
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sue thank you I am fine getting over my anger and frustration now re: the car.
Harvey and griff these are not school students these are teacher training students. We are both so glad we no longer have the responsibility of putting our children through school.
I would be home schooling them but it would be more about life as I think life learning is invaluable. The rest they would have to wait for dad to come home.

Wine and something nice to eat definitely Harvey.
Oh heck Lynn, that's rediculous
Will add, wine maybe a couple of bottles and good food sounds a fab idea
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »