register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Ours are back at school now, Lynn, but I think some schools broke up after ours, so they are still roaming round at large
I wondered whether that was happening as well Griff, I used to get quite a good variety and more than I could use and gave them away to anyone I could find, now I have just about enough.
Gone cold here, I need to go out and do the beds for tonight, am in the middle of washing up girls dishes and also washer needs to go on, and I already have a pile of muddy sheets from the car on the kitchen floor and the clean ones I put in today look like they have been there a week. I'll do the beds and then have another go in the back bedroom, nearly there now, but still finding it hard and can't stay in there long. Hoping once I've cleared it out and its been painted I'll feel differently
Thank goodness you got to the hospital and your blood clinic, Moyra, did your car start after all.
You had a nice journey back as well Griff, the village bus drivers are always nice and cheerful here, but the first bus ones never say 2 words to you
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2016, 03:35 PM
June, my little car is a gem as long as she is used or kept charged. She is in wonderful condition for her age and because she was my cousins car who died of leukaemia I feel I need to keep her going as long as I can. It is taxed and insured for Steve to drive and I just wish he would to keep her going. I don't ask him to put any petrol in, just use her for his trips out at night when he needs to drive the other lads to darts or to go out for a look and estimate a job. However, there is only so long that I can keep her going. Body wise she is still beautiful and since I took her over I have had all the rubber parts repaired. Not a lot wrong with her but, I shall be very sad to let her go. In fact, I have thought of giving her to my granddaughter for her first car but since I never hear from her, not a lot of point!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2016, 03:45 PM
I know she has sentimental value for you Moyra, but if she's not able to start to take you to hospital appointments then I think its time to think of retiring her. Perhaps you could donate her to a befriending service or something. The tax and insurance you're paying would more than pay for the odd taxi when needed.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2016, 04:01 PM
TW, we get the new starters on our bus route here so most of them are dead cheery to begin with...give them a few months and they are miserable, this one driver isn't a new starter, he teaches them the route...he used to b real funny with me, never talk to me, be quite rude in fact and he always used to have a young lad with him and they used to rip the mick out of me thinking i couldn't hear them...it was all to do with one of the other drivers who upset me quite a bit...but that's another story...now though he is really really nice to me, gets off and helps me if i have a bag, pulls in if i am running late etc
TW, i am a bit of a crack pot as most of you know and a bit of a hippy at heart (well if you take out holding grudges lol) i smudged our house when i was having a real bad run of things and i felt it helped me...maybe you could do the same? it will help you let go of the bad feeling in that room...just make sure you turn the smoke alarm off temporarily and it is very whiffy Lol
Moyra, it is a shame that your granddaughter hadn't been in touch as that would have been a lovely thing to do..pass on your car, bet your cousin would have loved that.
Stir fry for my tea tonight, just ate a little bit of it Lol naughty me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2016, 04:19 PM
griff that is most reassuring thank you. Makes me feel I am doing the right thing hearing your story.

Just had some good news from our youngest son Michael. Remember he was on gardening leave due to his firm finding out he had been looking for other jobs he has just learned he has got the job he wanted. He may have to go to Paris to train for a week that's where the head office is then he will be based in London. He is very happy.
More grey hairs if he goes to Paris for a week.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Thats a good idea, Griff. I think a lot of it is in my head, well my heart is broken as well, it is his birthday on Sunday, and I know I'll never see him again, nor do I want to, I'm still his mother though and the memories of him as a little boy are with me, and I go in that room and wonder what on earth happened to turn him into someone who cared so little for me that he deliberately stole everything I had worked for, it was all calculated not a spur of the moment thing, and I can't come to terms with it all still after so many years have passed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Lynn, well done to him, but (like you) I saw the word 'Paris' and thought 'oh no'
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Anniversaries must be even harder June.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Yeah, because I still will never understand WHY. The police said to me some people are just like that and you never get to the bottom of it, nothing I have done or not done, just him. Doesn't make it any easier though. Thank goodness youngest son has turned out decent eh
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Thank you for your lovely comments about Teazle, I must say I am very pleased usually I think she should be hidden in a cupboard for a few weeks

Hugs June not easy for you hopefully once the room is cleared and redecorated you will feel a little better.

Well done Griff on getting to and from the hospital.

Congratulations to your son Lynn but I know you will be very worried whilst he is in Paris.

Had a lovely meal at lunch time. It is still sunny here so have split and transplanted some plants and put in cucumber and paper seeds in the greenhouse. Think rain is forecast for tomorrow.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >