View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Lynn, not sure if you will have seen this....but the part apart safeguarding children i found particularly interesting
http://childlawadvice.org.uk/informa...e-and-absence/
this bit was interesting
Schools are also under a safeguarding duty, under section 175 of the Education Act 2002 to investigate any unexplained absences.
they would therefore have a legal requirement to investigate exactly why Joel is not attending school..i would assume perhaps a look into his homelife would fall under that??
Pleased the batteries have charge Moyra
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Lynn, this must be a total nightmare for you,caring is a two edge sword as you must feel it when no one is listening, how many kids have died recently because despite alarms being raised, they were ignored.
Good idea contacting NSPCC, how about Childline, maybe they can advise as well.
VetUK also have their own insurance company, Griff. I was very interested in using it as they have a breeders insurance, despite many efforts on my part no one ever contacted me. I found this very strange as I have always had good service from their people, and now this is happening to you.
Glad to hear Blue's battery has charged, if you take one of the terminals off the battery if you are leaving for any length of time it stops the battery draining, another thing you could do is give it a start every day and leave it to run for a few minutes, Moyra.
Just given girls their tea and brought in some logs, am getting to the last of my coal, so I need it to be warm soon!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2016, 06:44 PM
TW, i had kota insured with their insurance....only did it until petplan would cover her...it was quite expensive and to me not as good as petplan...it is done through Agria if that is any help..i feel much happier being with petplan
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2016, 06:56 PM
I am an agent for Petplan and all my puppies go with 4 weeks insurance, to my mind it is the very best one, unfortunately it is also very expensive and I can't afford to insure any of the girls now as it has doubled for Cariad and Lona from £32 a month each to £64 a month each.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2016, 07:02 PM
That's interesting griff have forwarded that to Mark who has just said do not have a go mum. I haven't just given a little more info and told her we have been fobbed off by authorities most of his life.
I suppose I get a bit wound up regards welfare I know how it worked with mum they're all good at giving advice but also very good at leaving it to you to do the research as to where to get the help from. A good part of my life was researching help mum needed. This is exactly the same just the other end of the spectrum.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Did you look at the one I have moved Dillon too June ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Yeah, but all this stuff has happened with the house, and still got the back wall to re-point and also the kitchen and back bedroom need decorating, then the kitchen flooring put down. Just nothing over at the moment, as soon as things stop going wrong (if ever) and the house stops trying to fall round my ears, then I'll get onto the insurance and see what they quote me. Oh...forgot about the kitchen sink, must email Wickes about that!!!
Hope someone can give you help as regards Joel, its heartbreaking
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2016, 08:01 PM
lynn, it is only natural for you to want the best for Joel and if that means bringing information to the relevant parties attention well that is what you have to do.
TW, Petplan is the best in my opinion, agria weren't too bad it was just certain things that bothered me...for instance, if your dog got sick on say a friday morning and you thought i will hang on and see if it clears but the dog got worse so you took them to the emergency vet...they wouldn't cover the costs of the visit....i may still have a bit of the paperwork , i will see if i can find it and if i can i will post it to you..you could have a read and then get on to agria direct if you wanted
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Well I know all about houses trying to fall down.
Won't hold my breath June plus got to watch what I say to this welfare woman I might go upsetting her and Mark if I let rip. Not bothered about her too much but don't want to worry upset or stress Mark out.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-03-2016, 10:02 PM
'evening all
Have missed a few days, weekend was problems with modem, this happens sometimes, I think it's people on this exchange downloading films and high data stuff all at the same time. Yesterday was feeling rough and took myself off to bed around 8pm.

Lynn, I feel for you, Joel is obviously hugely important in your life but when it comes to schools, social services, police, any of the agencies out there, all you get nowadays is carefully worded lawyer approved statements that amount to nothing As I said to someone recently, this is 2016 not 1916 no one will take ownership of the problem, they are all afraid of the publicity if some sleaze reporter writes a piece for his paper. Better not say any more

Moyra, read your thoughts re selling the mobility machine but (like all of us) I would urge you to keep it. You just never know when it may be handy and new ones are expensive.

Griff - It does look dodgy with VetUK what you've described is often the start of a firm going under, hope you get your money back, but the expression "Don't hold your breath" comes to mind.

TW - There's always something needs doing on a house, we are about to enter upgrade hell with our kitchen

Sue, your gardening activity leaves me feeling exhausted Must get out there and start doing something, as OH is always telling me "Nature will not wait"

Bearing in mind LG's vast wealth I dare say we'll not see him this side of Easter. It must be so stressful counting it all

Hope Eileen hasn't abandoned us, it was such a joy to read her posts.

Well, yesterdays lurgi is still with me so I'm off now, and an early appointment with the vet tomorrow for Casey who I'm pleased to say is doing well.

This is what his leg looked like a week ago.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >