View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Pleased to read you have had a lie down Moyra hope you are now feeling a lot better. If Steve was to walk Amber once a day, when he is home, it would help you

Naughty Zen, don't think she will make her 1st birthday
Hope all cupboards go well and you manage to get a cooker hood sorted.

Good afternoon 1cutdog I don't worry what I look like when walking the dog, comfort and practicality is the order of the day

Know what you mean about the vet knowing your number when my dear Ebony was alive I think she had a whole computer to herself - she was a walking vet bill Never begrudged a penny though she was so loving and no bother to anyone. When she died dear Jenna took over but thankfully not to the extent of Ebony!

Just back from another walk. Been sitting here waiting for someone to come about the new conservatory said they would be here between 1 and 2 pm still not here Finished another bit of the flower beds but it was very heavy going so after an hour of heaving and breaking the soil I gave up. Will start again another day.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-02-2016, 03:24 PM
I probably look pretty scary when I go out, long boots, woolly hat pulled down over ears and coat up around my neck!!!
Zen was really good when we were on the Country Park, there was a couple coming towards us with a cocker spaniel, and I thought ooooh dear.....whistled them and they came to me, Zen went back to it, I said to the couple she is a bit bouncy because she is still young, but she won't do anything bad, the woman said the dog may be grumpy with her, and I said fine then she'll learn a quick sharp lesson. Dog was fine, Zen came away when I asked her to, kept Kesh on a line because she is the very devil for chasing little dogs, thinks its a game, the dogs run a mile with her after them. She needs one to turn on her as well, because she'd soon give over. A bit further on there was a westie running towards us, couldn't see the owner at first, spotted him in the distance, Zen ran up to it and I called her back straight away and she came. Well pleased with her so far, probably won't last though!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Sue...i could send 2 ikkle staff x's you way, they will help with the digging...they like digging Lol
TW, good for Zen coming back. Do you know of anywhere else you can use your vouchers? you might be able to use them at another place where the extractor is available
Had my 2 out, both were a bit naughty.... also dropped off the bulbs i got for the ladies who are sorting the little bit of land out up the top of the road. Will go and sort out some dinner in a little bit
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-02-2016, 04:03 PM
They are Argos vouchers, Griff. I will have another do at it either later on or tomorrow. Really annoyed as Alun was here today especially to make a start on the cooker hood, he's dismantled most of the old stuff now, and he's getting the shelves organised for the old cupboards where the fridge and freezer used to be, so that will free up a lot of space. He's also had a look under the sink and sorted out the waste pipe that kept coming apart, there was also some sort of leak coming from the sink, it was damp on the top shelf of the cupboard. I was gobsmacked when I found out why...the new sink that I bought just over a year ago, has gone all pitted and there is water coming through the little holes. Hence the wet, had checked the pipes coming from the wastes and couldn't feel any water, couldn't make head or tail of it, that was why, the bluddy sink has lasted barely 12 months. Of course I have no receipt now, and the plumber who did my new sink unit went for it and I paid him back, so no proof of purchase at all., Alun's put a layer of sealant over the whole of the underneath of the sink because I cannot do that just now!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Ooo that isn't good TW...shame there isn't a sticker on it as if you got in touch with the manufacturer they may replace it
I am shattered, no idea how I will stay awake in traininbg
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Sammy is 16 months old. I'm not keen on getting him neutered. It's funny in the park it's the young people who have pups who all have their male dogs neuered and the older people with older dogs don't. Shows how much the vets are pushing it nowadays.

Griff I was hoping as he's not used to being aggressive to intact dogs he'll be fine when he's done. I've been keeping him away from them the last week.

I'm still reading all I can in the hope I can cancel his appointment lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 04:50 PM
I have neutered all of mine, 1boy, 3girls and the cat..given the chance I would get myself done too!!!
I am doing well, remembered my own tablet, deags tablet and got the cat earlier...slightly paranoid I may end up taking one of the animals tablets lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-02-2016, 06:17 PM
1cutedog, try the Superlorin implant for 6 months to see if it does make a difference, it kicks in within 6 weeks rather than the minimum 6 months if you had him done.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Evening all. 1 cutedog - I'm not a great one for neutering males, except for extreme circumstances. It really does alter their character. Bitches on the other hand I have speyed at around 6 years of age to avoid problems with infections etc., later in their life and have never experienced any change in either their character, habits or position within my little band. I have the rather uncharitable view that vets encourage this process for males as it's a "quick quid" in exchange for very little operation. Of course this is my private view for which I have no actual proof - although altruistic vets are a bit thin on the ground around here! lol !
June - grim news ref the sink - hope you can find some way to get at least a little fiscal revenge, by way of compensation. Tradesmen and products alike seem a touch shoddy these days.
Griff - In answer to your question - yes the MH has been ready for occupation for a couple of weeks at least and it's there that the Mem will be staying whilst she see's to her mother's wants and needs. Hopefully she'll make a speedy recovery. There is however no chance of me pining away in her absence - or starving to death for that matter! lol !
See you al later, bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 09:35 PM
LG, i hope you aren't going to slip back into bad habits...eating in the kitchen..Lol
had a good time at training.... i am absolutely knackered though.....got to be up before 6 tomorrow as they are going to try the camera with my mum again....i am staying in bed wednesday lol
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >