View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2016, 04:51 PM
I got this one when it was released by the DVLA way back in 1996 if my memory is right. It was a question of grab it as soon as released before someone else snatched it
B3 CAT went same afternoon as purchased B3 DOG in the morning

It would be fun to put the two cars together for a photo shoot but I don't know where the other owner lives
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2016, 05:35 PM
My bro has just paid £300 to dvla to pick the plate for his brand spanking new car, he will have his initials at the end, dad has a private plate on his jag and on the dog mobile he has his initials, we dealt with a chap in wales who does all your paperwork for you...at lot of his plates are quyite reasonable too...best thing with a private plate is if you buy a second hand car and switch the plate over.....noons knows how old it is lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Griff
for me it is the only way to remember them. These new fangled plates have me confused anyway as to which goes with what year
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Used to drive me demented at work...especially when they changed to twice yearly...2lots of annoying posh people to deal with lol...my bro gets his 1st march and his will be 2letters at the front corresponding to the are the car is registered and then it will be 16AJB .keep thinking about one for my dads little car but we will try to get the jag one swapped over....that involves speaking to the dvla though.....don't fancy that much!!! You are right, only ever needing to remember the one plate is a lot easier
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Evening everyone.
We are absolutely cream crackered old built in wardrobe out and all bits down the garden waiting to go to the tip. Borth beds swapped over, only trouble is I now have to climb across the king size to be able to make the other side. Wardrobe moved and both chests of drawers.
The double bed wasn't so long so we could get round it but the king size is longer it does have a mahoosive wooden headboard and foot board so we said we may look for something soon which doesn't have a foot board. For now though it will work.

Hope everyone is ok and having a good day.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2016, 06:21 PM
You've had a busy day Lynn, just think that King Size bed when Gorden goes back to work, you may get lost
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Ha ha June I was thinking that.
If you don't see me for a while after Monday you know what's happened.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Yeah you'll be curled up in a cocoon, nice and cosy and blow the weather
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Used to drive me demented at work...especially when they changed to twice yearly...2lots of annoying posh people to deal with lol...my bro gets his 1st march and his will be 2letters at the front corresponding to the are the car is registered and then it will be 16AJB .keep thinking about one for my dads little car but we will try to get the jag one swapped over....that involves speaking to the dvla though.....don't fancy that much!!! You are right, only ever needing to remember the one plate is a lot easier

all you need is a retention certificate to swap plates over

Link

https://www.gov.uk/keep-registration-number
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Ahhh they have changed it..... we looked before and we had to be able to present both vehicles for inspection...which i can't do as one is sorn at the moment, and then the cost was around 300 quid and we had to keep it on retention for at least a year...seems quite straight forward now... thanks for that!!!!
Lynn, if we don't hear from you after monday a search party will be duly deployed Lol
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >