View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2014, 05:49 AM
Fair enough MGB. I was not offended, just astounded. Nobody I know can come close to paying that much and some work mega hard, like 16 hour physical labor hard. Not about how hard you work, about how much you make. If everyone who owned a dog had to be able to afford Acana, many dogs in good homes would die. My main dude is 90 lbs, far bigger than they said he'd get, and costs can pinch.

I guess I just always try and recommend foods in the middle class price range. My mistake. Orijen, Nature's Variety, Soho, Stella and Chewys, and many other very high priced foods are so out of my price range they hardly cross my mind.

Raw is also great if you're really opting for grain free. My dude is on Nutro Ultra gluten free, which costs too much lol
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by MGB View Post
Yes Acana is absolutely expensive.. Im not refuting that statement. With my three dogs (1 Large breed, 2 small) I pay around $300+ a month on food, and I live IN Canada so it does not have to be shipped or ordered online to get to me. I absolutely understand cost can be tough.. Im just saying sometimes if its financially possible.. getting the best for our fur-babies is more then worth the extra cost.
Also.. Yes its most definitely available in the UK, among many other countries around the world (including the US). However it is Produced and made in Alberta, Canada.
http://www.acana.com/
In the UK you'll pay around 24 US dollars for a 5 pound bag of Acana Grasslands. In Hungary the same bag costs around 33 US dollars.

I have a 39 pound Shar-Pei and a 20 pound Miniature Schnauzer who are fed a home cooked diet of meat, poultry, fish mixed with vegetables and fruit all of which are purchased from the supermarket. To feed them both costs around 200 US dollars a month.
AngelicMisfit13
New Member!
Female 

20-04-2015, 12:47 PM
My lil fur child gets Wellness! Little 4-5 pound mutt...$16.99 for a 4 pound bag...think it lasts like a month (1/4 cup each meal, 3 meals/day).
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3