View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2014, 04:03 PM
indian summer????????? been bloody grey here all day! i have been busy busy busy, been to the drs, my blood results are properly wonky and i could be on the verge of a flare up or it could be that i have had an infection...who knows! then i had to wait with my dad to see the dr.... we ended up with the police here the other week (not that that is unusual Lol...just they never come for anything to do with my dad) so we decided enough was enough and made him go to the drs, he admitted today he has thought sometimes he has felt he would be better not being here! that came as a bloody great shock, he has had blood tests, must be rushed through for an eye test...at the drs insistance and has to go back on friday, i know he struggled with my diagnosis but i had no idea things had got that bad, i suspect he will be given some tablets to help him feel better, his mum struggled with depression as do 2 of his brothers and his sister said she felt very down this last winter
i saw my new consultant, what a waste of time, he kept me waiting 50 minutes and wasn't at all bothered about my blood results and was interrogating me about my urines tests...luckily the breathing nurse was there and she explained my other consultant runs all the tests to check my kidney function and check that my disease is under control and he sorts my medication levels out...i don't like the man Lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Oh Griff, you must be well worried not only about your own health but much more about how your Dad is feeling, poor man, he does need some support. I hope he gets the right sort of support too and you too. God bless.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Sorry Jen I looked at the cakes, but didn't buy any but then they were all displayed on the conveyorbelt for people buying coffee and I never stop for coffee! Can you imagine, all that shopping time missed by stopping to drink coffee when I can make a better cup at home with me Tassimo! Next time, I'll buy a few slices to go ok

Hi Brenda, this is the garden centre, it's only a couple of miles up the road from me and it's a really big one:
http://www.blackbrooks.co.uk/home Hopefully, they might have your wheelbarrow, but don't expect me to push it all the way to Lancing for ya lol!

Hi Sue, thanks for that tip, I'll take a look on their website, I'm sure if I bought enough of them, Dave could do a bit of improvising.

Moyra, enjoy that sausage casserole, I've never had one of those, but then I like my bangers crispy, couldn't even put gravy on them, so I would imagine they go very floppy in a casserole, so not for me LOL!

June, why are you scared of the car now??? Never heard of that one before lol!

Well, got the nap out of the way, now I'm raring to go with a 2nd wind, so I'm going to get the ironing board out now cos there are 2 Corrie's tonight and I've got to ring Dave, so much to do, so little time. I'm loving these darker evenings and lighter morning though, right up my street this is.

Lynn, shall I ring you one evening this week? Ironing has taken precedence this evening, but I'm free for a chat rest of the week if you are somewhen? We need a good old catch up let alone a good old laugh don't we.

Enjoy your evening everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Thanks Helena. I will look them up.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Helena, I think another person would have preferred his sausages sizzled rather than casseroled. I did fry them first and the bacon and mushrooms but of course once you had them to a rich gravy with herbs changes everything; His lordship would not eat them. Amber had the lot. He went out and got some Chinese or Turkish not sure which.

I am not cooking for him again in future if he is not here.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Moyra, do not cook for him again, end of, until he actually mentions the fact, then you can state your terms of engagement, and if he doesn't like it, then off to the take away with him. I would have loved what you cooked, must be lovely to have someone cook for you and have a meal ready when you come in. I think I was about 16 or something last time that happened to me, have to say youngest son cooks a beautiful Christmas Dinner. Once my mum went I stopped cooking Christmas Dinner as I'd been doing it 40 odd years and decided enough was enough. Oh Griff I feel so sad for you, its bad enough whats going on for you personally without having to shoulder your dad's problems as well. I do hope this new consultant bucks their ideas up because you really do not need all the extra upset at all. Helena, I am always scared when I get back in a car thats been broken. I have had it explained to me exactly what happened and why, in words of one syllable so's I understand it all, but still hate that first drive on the motorway, not a lover of motorways anyway, but they are a necessary evil, get me there and back in half the time, throw the possibility of rain/wind into the equation, PLUS a car thats been poorly and I loose sleep over the whole thing. Poncho sounds brilliant, but when is it going to be cold enough to wear it I wonder, not that I want the warmth to go, I don't Brenda I'm reading a book about the use of lenses in the ancient world, fascinating stuff to myself, who is interested in Ancient History, but probably not to the large percentage of the population. The ancient lightouses had giant reflectors on them that reflected the fires burning at night, and during the day these were used to 'see' ships approaching that may be a threat. Julius Caeser apparently used the reflectors on a lighthouse off the coast of France to gain information on the settlements of the English coast before he invaded. Also Ancient Britons (the ones who built Stonehenge) used telescopes and all the stone circles are the remnants of these observatorys, so magnification etc was not a new thing at all. Like I say, boring unless you're interested! Girlies all had a meaty bone each for tea, that will keep them quiet for hours and I've got some cannelloni to reheat for mine. Nothing on TV after Corrie that I want to see, so will probably do girly brekkies, have an early soak and watch the news etc in bed
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2014, 06:52 PM
You aren't the first to think of my poor Pepsi girl as a boy
I'm recording the programme about Baby P. It's and hour and a half long and I know I shall fall asleep
griff sorry to hear about your wonky bloods and about your Dad. I hope he soon improves. I would be furious at a wait like that to see a consultant.
Helena, that garden centre looks great, very similar to a couple we have here.
So we are in for a quiet night if there are 2 Corries!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi,
Haven't read through yet,had a pretty eventful day But you'll never guess who is spending the night out my back back gate locked,has settled himself in one of the flower beds but so what? He hasn't made a sound,bless him been good as gold Almost lost him this morning Can't go into detail but you'll must likely guess and it wasn't the road Will leave it at that for now.
Shed door is open with a quilt and blanket in there
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Very Well Played Eileen, thank goodness he is now safe and sound from the roads. Are you going to go into more detail, was it the DW nearly caught him. Just got some piccies through of Jasper, one of Mabs and Cruzs sons, he's enormous looking very grown up nowadays as well. Nippy, couldn't even bear to watch the Baby P stuff, you're made of sterner stuff than I am
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Evening all - Just done a catch up - Do so hope that all problems currently inflicted on our members are soon resolved and that the various outcomes are as folk would wish for themselves. Moyra - You really should stop cooking anything for your thankless offspring. Hate to think of your time and effort going to waste (although I bet Amber enjoyed it). TW still on the antique opticals I see! Hope the car behaves itself for you tomorrow. Helena - Are Ponchos the IN Look down there on the Sussex Riviera, what an eye-opener for us poor provincial clods in the far flung northern reaches of the realm.Must rush as going in for Dinner and the Mem won't stand for tardiness in that department (or any other department come to think of it) See you later and it's bye fer now.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »