register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-06-2014, 09:23 AM
No not keen on the powder puff at all, I think the Hairless and the HH are so elegant and stunning.
One will appear when the time is right, things always happen to me that way. I'm sort of half looking and then it happens.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2014, 09:37 AM
We have had a whippet and now have two greyhounds and always thought we would stick with greys but after seeing Oscar, a pointer pup come onto our field last year, and grow up into a beautiful handsome boy, I actually said last week that i would consider a pointer at some point.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
No not keen on the powder puff at all, I think the Hairless and the HH are so elegant and stunning.
One will appear when the time is right, things always happen to me that way. I'm sort of half looking and then it happens.
Ah now I get it! Had to look it up in the end, so a not quite hairless chinese crested, but not as hairy as a powder puff!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2014, 10:01 AM
If - and it could be an if - Ram telephoned me and told me of a tiny unwanted 6 week old puppy and would I look after it "temporarily"...

No. No way. Ahem. No way could I say No.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
If - and it could be an if - Ram telephoned me and told me of a tiny unwanted 6 week old puppy and would I look after it "temporarily"...

No. No way. Ahem. No way could I say No.
Tempopermanently
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Thats right, although I wouldn't mind a hairless either, love the feel of them, like velvet.
We will see what Fate brings me, can never get another big dog, much as my heart breaks to think of it, I have got to be practical. Having a broken rib, 8 puppies and 4 adults to look after focused my mind on what COULD happen in later years, and not fair to them one bit.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 11:56 AM
it was actually never my intention to have a dog....family are dog crazy and when they were here, dogs kind of arrived, and when they left, one stayed...then collie.
both are rumbustious high energy dogs
i often see others with laid back dogs...

too old and disabled for a puppy. but would not in this very isolated place be without a dog so am sure one would arrive.has to be noisy on command!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Irish Wolfhound
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 01:12 PM
We have never had same breed twice used to be looking for problem dogs that needed extra care or tolerant homes now we look for temperamentally good dogs so have transitioned from terriers to gundog breed, can't imagine having anything else now but we aren't fussy which gundog breed we have so may be a cocker next but then may be none at all depends how old we are when we next need to get another.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Irish Wolfhound
awesome looking dogs..I meet them at various heritage museums etc
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >