View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Good day One and All - Do hope that everything is tickety-boo and going along swimmingly. Just a quick dip into Dogsey and a ketchup before lunch. Elaine, do you do that thing with the upturned piece of turf to maximise the number of eggs your broody can sit - if you don't and want details I am only too willing to provide them. I currently have a Welsummer who's going broody but am undecided as to what if anything to put under her. Thought I might let her sit some pheasant eggs and release them once fully fledged as it's nice to have a few knocking about the place. The only thing is they will have to learn to keep out of the way of my old bitch Gypsy as she'ssomething of a dab hand at murdering their wild relatives. Mind, if past experiences are anything to go by she tends to leave things alone that belong on the property she just ignores them - same as the mem's cats, she'll happily share food or sleeping space with any of them but woe betide any interlopers. After keeping lurchers for more than 50 years I am still none the wiser as regards some of the things that pass through their little furry brains. Oh well, just goes to show there'e none of us learned up, specially not me. Bye fer now.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Ouch ELAINE,can you try to be careful
Have taken two beechams flu plus tabs,am under the duvet with my mansize Not a notion of sleeping
Drizzly rain here today and bleedin cold Nice and toasty in here though
My mum is making dinner for us,bless her heart,she's so good Be ready to pick up when I'm out on the school run..Happy days
My kitchen sofa is huge but the Princess still manages to take up three quarters of it,whatever way she lie's I get to hang off the edge Still it's lovely having a snuggle with her
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Lacey - Sorry to hear you are feeling ghastly, sub-duvet and wheezyful with the grimley nose-drips. Aaaargh! just realised i had abig lump of that cake last night after someone(You!) had been blowing the candles out. Well if I come down with a dose of the fluezellums I shall hold you personally responsible (and beware for I am extremely litigious). I'm off now to find that big containers of Vit C tablets (although I'm probably too late). Bye fer now, Sniff!! Sniff!! Wheeze!!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Never heard of that Gordon, the turf thing, I would love to know, when you get time in your busy schedule to post

I have a place in my heart for Lurchers, I have had two in my grown up life.

Good ole Mum, bless her, my mum used to do that too.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Oh GORDON I'm soooo sorry,I really did blow those candles out pretty hard too...oops I shall keep everything crossed in the Hope nothing nasty comes out of your enjoyment of the delicious cake Off to google one of your words no idea what it means and at 46 years old I have suddenly attained a thirst for knowledge!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 12:31 PM
LOL, please don't go filling your pretty little head with knowledge and stuff please Eileen, cos we kinda like you just as you are!!! Now I don't mean that in a detrimental way, far from it, you're our whizzy, dizzy, spinning blonde! You don't have time for all that trust me! Sorry to hear you're poorly today, good job this didn't come on yesterday though isn't it.

Hi Lynn, bathroom sounds fab now, well done Gorden, and I beyt he didn't take 3 months like Dave did either

Hi Jenny, sounds like a lovely walk and that made me laugh about the boys finishing off their drying on your furniture

Hi June, sorry if we've pinched the sun back, but I'm sure it'll arrive for a nice river run with the girls and for hanging out that washing. Yes, this is my student at the hairdresser's she's just passed her final exam, has one more haircut to do and she's fully qualified. She knows me so very well, she wouldn't dare make a mistake on a cut, but that'll be next time, this morning I just let her loose on the colour and it's fab as usual.

Hi Elaine, ouch to that finger, nothing more sore than cutting the quick near a nail. I got some kind of glass splinter on the inside of my knuckle the other day, right in the crease, it drove me nuts and was very sore, but now it's all gone. Hope yours heals quickly. Good luck with the new hen there.

Hi Gordon, nice of you to find time for us during your busy daily schedule up there, and yes thanks, everything is tickety boo here Hope it's the same for you today.

Hi Mandy, enjoy your planting, you've got the right weather for it today I hope.

Hi Lynne, glad you've treated yourself today, it's the sunshine that does it, and then it all goes downhill cos it rains lol!

Hi Bev, great news about Charly, fingers and paws crossed here.

Hi Jen, nice to see you again today, hope you're getting better. Good luck at the opticians, and like you say, always summat to go and get checked out nowadays isn't there!

Hi Pat, gorgeous pic there What a way to start your day, thank God for t'internet hey.

Well, had a lovely walk up along the top didn't see a soul and I just love that lower path now, it's always rock hard and dry cos nobody uses it, only the brave go there and me and Zena are brave! I almost left her offlead, but it's really not worth the risk, so I clip the long lead onto her ball on a rope, then I thread that through the handle on her harness, and voila, I have ball AND dog secured for any unforeseen emergencies, such as easter bunnies hopping across in front of us and racing to the edge!

Managed to get down the town on time for my hair. Had a lovely chat and a good laugh with the young girl who colours it for me, she's so lovely, a really well brought up girl (not a chav!) and the Italian bloke was in today, so he joined in whilst he was doing some old biddie's barnet. I'm not included as one of those cos I'm young at heart and do don't shampoo and sets, nor the blue rinses!

Gorgeous sunny day. Got home, took Zena out again and have to say, this is the first day for a week, where I think she's actually bouncing back to full health now, the way she greeted me at the door with my slipper, which is now all wet and manky but I soon swopped it for her ball.

Had chicken and chips for lunch cos I threw that in the oven before I went on my 2nd walk, so now all is done, bookings in place, phone calls done, and now the rest of the day is mine, all mine. Might have a little potter outside later after nanny nap, I find it therapeutic de heading my camelia's. The azaelia's are coming out a treat now, they're huuuuge, and they're all different colours, it really is a picture this little garden once it gets going, and it changes every few weeks to another show of spectacular colour. Might take some pics for you later.

Enjoy your day everyone, I hope the sun is shining down on you like it is here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Afternoon everyone. Malka I hope if youn needed to get to the macolet you did mange it.
Eileen, Elaine ,June and Gordon hello. Eileen sorry you are feeling unwell wishing you well soon. June real pain about the walking situation and the girlies I would worry too if there was something so unpredictable near me. I hope the little dog is recovering.
Elaine ouch that sounds nasty do take care. Well done on winning the eggs having seen her I am not sure she will fit all those eggs under that tiny little bum. Miracle if she does.
Gordon and I had some of the eggs poached for breakfast and they were delicious. Thank you.
Gordon I have as much crossed as is possible I still have housework to do that you catch no nasty germs from Eileen.

Well Gorden has just left the building and will be back tomorrow night for 10 days. I now have a house to get clean. I have swept the floors and have little piles awaiting the hoover. One thing I do not need to do now is go to Tesco to pick up Tracey's present later they emailed to say it was there so we went to get it earlier.
Lynne sounds like a nice morning in the end. Glad it was only the cardi your removed in the coffee shop. We might of all been pooling our pennies to get you out of jail otherwise.
Right better go and get Dillon's covers on the line and put the hoover to work.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 12:38 PM
HELENA I get exactly what you mean .....blonde?? Me?? I couldn't be darker!!
Oh just checked all my fingers and none of them hurt Suddenly realised you meant to say ELAINE she's the one that had the ouch
You sound as chirpy as ever,cheered me up no end reading that always helps to know there are peeps out there with more screws loose than me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Afternoon Jenny sorry I missed you hope the boys didn't make the furniture too wet while drying off.
Afternoon Helena. Gorden only had to do some papering and not a lot as its mostly tiled. No installing new bathroom suites otherwise he would of probably beaten Dave's record.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Nope all sun has either moved to Liverpool or over your house Helena
Took Mabs and Keshi onto the field for a gallop around and mini training sessions. Saw one of the neighbours where that dog and the papillon lives, was chatting to her, she knew nuffink...but she does now...she has GSD's and agrees with me about the bloke, either carrying a child or a brew and no lead anywhere to be seen and sometimes not even him, total plonker. Of course she is like me and will be looking every way she can when she has HER dogs on there, because we have no idea when it may appear.
I can honestly say its never bothered me, always well away from me, so am surprised its that one, thought it would be the staffy which is a nuisance.
Took Cariad and Lona up to the riverbank, but the river is still a bit too high, fingers crossed for tomorrow. Have put the new toy outside for the this afternoon, Keshi has claimed ownership of it by the looks of things
Hairwash I think, strip bed, bedding in washer, clean sheets on and then a couple of hours for me before I start on the yard and take shavings and washing over to Jackie and Andy's
Eileen, for goodness sake take care of yourself, there'll be no going to any arty farty coffee shops if you lose a finger now will there
I've got a feeling that what you do with the turf, you put the eggs on the nest, then cover them with the turf, grass side up, and it insulates them and they stay warm so you can fit more under. I think thats it, its a very very long time ago now
Glad the colour went well Helena, I still haven't been to my hairdressers, they'll have given me up by now, one thing after another, and I can't justify spending nearly £100 on a cut and colour, although I desperately need to to!
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »