View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Dogs walked (I haven't heard if my son is coming over to collect Flash or not yet), the sun is still shining and the washing is done and hung outside.

I'm thinking of combing Rucksack through, giving him a bit of a trim and then bathing him. His head needs doing anyway as his brother pee'd on him yesterday .... well actually Rucksack decided to walk under Flash's cocked leg

I hope everyone manages to sneak the dogs out in between showers for those of you who are having unpredictable weather.

Moyra just in case I miss you later good luck for tomorrow at the denist. ((hugs)).
Nippy Enjoy your family lunch .... I think you are in your element when you are entertaining others
Helena I bet Dave is well chuffed with all of his hard work re-doing the bathroom. That fan sounds terrific. I hope you managed to get to and back from the beach before the crowds arrive.
Lynne, Emmis and June Hi and enjoy your day.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Morning all,

Well a rather surprising wake up this morning, Davie came running through to ask if he could go swimming with his friend at 7pm or 11am he wasn't sure which! So said find out which and get ready....was 11am, he woke me at 10.45am, then commenced a rush around trying to find his swimming stuff, get him dressed, give him his tablet and money and shove him out the door!

Phew!

Anyway, breakfast and a cup of tea has now been had, I am waiting on the weather improving before taking Dougal a walk. So far we've had hail, snow and rain. There has been sunshine but at the moment we have a bit of nasty stuff coming over. So coffee before walk methinks.

Jenny, yes, I am trying to learn bagpipes, so you learn chanter first.

Gordon, I hope you don't have much more in the way of ladder adventures.

Helena, hope your bathroom is all you want it to be

Bobble, welcome and happy birthday.

Hi to everyone else
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Bonjour Gordenimoir, pourquoi avez vous transforment soudain Français sur nous ce matin Must be those dizzy heights you reached perched on that ladder this morning. I'm so pleased you remembered the unfortunate episode with my o/h, and took great care whilst swinging around and leaning over up there. Even if the Mem didn't miss you, we sure would have.

Hi Jen, 9 for lunch today, you're soon going to need a much bigger table, not to mention a much bigger chicken

Hi Emma, that would have driven me nuts too, why have they got to be so darn loud

Hi Moyra, one more day and you should be out of pain tomorrow, nothing worse, it drives you insane doesn't it. Good luck for tomorrow, and rest up when you get back, no walking, most definitely no walking, you could heammorhage and we don't want that.

Hi Lynne, sorry you're not sharing this beautiful day with us, we had those yesterday here and there. Have you decided yet about that dog? Just wondrin that's all.

Hi June, good luck for tomorrow's teasing, hope it pays off for the lady's dog, and hope Cariad behaves herself and doesn't want anything from him You know what you're doing though. Yes, the day is perfect so far, I found myself walking with an old friend this morning, which I haven't seen for many weeks, so long may it continue

Well, went up on the clifftops as we couldn't risk the seafront and the beach. Just as we got onto the paths, 2 vizla's who were offlead starting coming over, so I let Zena have full stretch of her long lead because we've passed them before and although they've never come over, I thought (yes, I said "thought" there), that they would be fine. Next minute this blinkin dog starts kicking off at Zena, and as she retaliated, I pulled her away and thankfully, it backed off. The owner, nice man, was most apologetic and said it was HIS dog that kicked off and he couldn't understand it apart from the fact that Zena was onlead might have upset it Hey ho, all was fine, we stood chatting about it and the dogs left each other alone even though he still hadn't put either of them onlead.

Off we went, stopped on the way back at a bench to give Zena a good old raking and along comes this tiny, little shitzu (can't spell it!) puppy, all fluffy and tiny, but I knew Zena would be fine. It was running around under her nose, it seemed to like her very much, but then I thought about fluffy toys and squeaking and all that, so I decided to put my hand over Zena's gob although she had her ball in it, you can't be too careful, she'd have had it for breakfast lol! The lady came running over and we just couldn't catch it cos it was loving the attention from Zena but I told her of my worries and she agreed. She picked it up and went back to her friends and we carried on down to the cliff edge. Next minute, little fluffy toy dog comes pelting up behind us to be with Zena again but this time, he just wanted to walk with her, awwwwww, could have taken this little thing home I managed to catch it this time and the lady was most grateful.

I said to Dave "some viscious dog we've got here NOT"!
Especially after what had happened to her half an hour earlier with the vizla. I was brimming with pride with just how very gentle she was with it, and how happy she seemed when it was bouncing along next to her

Lunch nearly ready, Dave's on his lappy, but I have to say, there has been a dramatic change in his demeanour this morning, felt like I was walking with another man, he was talking, chatting to the people we met, and I never got one grumpy glance. It won't last of course, but if I get one day out of 4 I'm happy.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday, hope you're not hungover Lynn and can enjoy the day with Gorden.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Typical its bladdy pouring down!!!!
Just going to get going as well, luckily girlies didn't know, phew
Helena, Cariad's been 'done' so she's not going to be of interest to Yung Largo, its Lona who is going to Tease him.
Great Stuff that Dave has Reformed Himself, fingers crossed it lasts a while, at least till he's back at work. Is it this year the lease of the garage is up in April, am worried about your well being, well Dave's actually if he upsets YOUR wellbeing
Lore, can I ask, out of interest. You said Davy had taken his tablet with him, now I realise its his computer and NOT an actual tablet that yer take like.
However, how does he use it when he's out, can he get a signal on it etc. I only ask because when I'm out and want to use my phone to check emails it'll say it can't because its not connected to any wi-fi, wondered what the difference was with a tablet
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi Jenny, sorry I missed you there, you must have snuck in before I hit the post button. Hope they come and collect Flash soon so that you can get stuck in with Rucksack, he's in for a treat today isn't he Yes, Dave is well happy with his new shower and fan, and it's actually put a smile on his face today!

Hi June, oh yes I forgot Lol yes, it's him you need to worry about, hell hath no fury and all that, especially the wrath of "H" as my friends used to say

Hi Lorraine, missed you out too, hope you're feeling good today and can enjoy a nice, relaxing Sunday, but I bet you've got loads planned as per usual.

Hi Bobble I missed you out too and a Happy Birthday to you, have a lovely day
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 12:27 PM
TW no it was his medication. He can't get wifi on his tablet unless he has the wifi key. Which annoys him no end.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2014, 12:33 PM
OH LOL a REAL tablet, I was thinking completely different. Don't understand about wi-fi keys
Well rain gone and blue sky, will have another go at getting out, if it rains when I'm out, well and good, but absolutely hate going out in it!!!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Helena no we've decided not to get that dog. Shame really. But for every positive I ended up thinking of a negative I'm sure there will be a good home out there for him somewhere.
My friend who mentioned it suggested to him that he contact BC rescue & see if they could just foster it for a few months till he finds out how things are going to pan out with new house & job. I hope he does as apparently it's like a baby for them as his wife has had trouble getting pregnant.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Moyra anmd Emmis - thanks for the info ref Santa pod. Followed up your lead Emmis and was horrified to see what this place contains (I am not at all enamoured of motor vehicles) it would surely be my version of hell to be situated anywhere near such a caucophanous, fume filled auditorium. You have my sincere commiserations (and all that first thing on a sunday morning). Apologies to all you (Normal) people out there who love F1 and related tedious events, but I just don't see the point and never have! So it just goes to show that depite my protestations to the contrary I am not perfect. Bye fer now. P.S The Memsahib having just breezed past (today all Silks and Chanel) and has informed me that she is a Petrolhead. Now I'm not quite sure what that is but suspect it has something to do with her love of driving like a Maniac at breakneck speeds. This has the double effect of horrifying me and terryfing the local populace as she hurtles like a demented lemming along our pot-holed moorland roads. I have always suspected that she would like to put little transfers of cyclists on her front wing (a bit like the fighter pilots of old who did similar with little planes when they shot down the opposition) as she reserves a very special distaste for these hapless road users. However I must say in her defence that she slows to a walk at the first signs of any equine traffic and engages them in cheery chat while causing a traffic build up behind her that most caravanners would be proud of.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2014, 01:29 PM
The Mem having just read my last post said that I had missed out the most important bit. That is of course that her dearest wish is to be given an HGV Class 1 licence and for Father Xmas to bring her a Great Big Quarry waggon or alternatively a Forestry Truck full of huge logs. Then in her own words "The B*ggers would have to watch out!" Knowing the Mem as I do, I am positively chilled by any of the aforementioned coming true!!! Bye fer now!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »