17-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
You could blitz the "soup"so it can be licked up
Thank you much appreciated.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Fingers and paws crossed for Rio(( hugs))
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Bless rio, just a thought would bonjela help comfort wise?

How about chicken 'soup'?

You could maybe boil chicken carcass right down including some fat maybe sieve that and just give the liquid? Or that nice jelly you get when you roast a chicken and let the tin go cold? I wipe off the fat bit that doesn't go solid then use the jelly to put on the boys dinner as a treat with some hot water to melt

I've been reading good things about turmeric for all sorts of things from aches n pains to sarcoids with reported benefits for slowing some cancer cell development (head and neck). There's a turmeric users group on [a social network] apparently.

Xxxxx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
Bless rio, just a thought would bonjela help comfort wise?

How about chicken 'soup'?

You could maybe boil chicken carcass right down including some fat maybe sieve that and just give the liquid? Or that nice jelly you get when you roast a chicken and let the tin go cold? I wipe off the fat bit that doesn't go solid then use the jelly to put on the boys dinner as a treat with some hot water to melt

I've been reading good things about turmeric for all sorts of things from aches n pains to sarcoids with reported benefits for slowing some cancer cell development (head and neck). There's a turmeric users group on 'another site' apparently.

Xxxxx
If only she'd let me anywhere near her mouth, I've been head butted so many times this week by her whipping her head around at the last second when trying to give her meds.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Oh, no. I'm so sorry for you. My last dog Brownie got a tumor in his nose/mouth like this and had to be euth on the spot once I realized what it was

The vet said it was a "squamous mast cell" tumor (or something like that, very hard to pronounce and "doctory") and that at the age of 15, nothing else could be done.

When Brownie came from a nasty fight after being locked mouths with another dog and had ugly puncture wounds... we gave him lots of baby food. Sometimes I put it in the blender and added some meat to it and pureed it.

It was smoother than just pureeing the meat or dog food alone. He ate it happily, even with his gums ripped up and extreme pain in his mouth. Perhaps you could try that?

I hope it's nothing serious, maybe the results will come back that it's something else. Or maybe if it is a cancer, it's treatable? Like they say... don't mourn the living. Fingers crossed for you. Hope everything is all right, hang in there.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Aw sorry to hear this. Poor girl.
Carole
Supervisor

17-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Can't add any more re food ideas Sorry to hear the xrays were not good.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Well she ate a tiny tin 125grms of the critical care food this morning and a couple of licks of yoghurt. She hasn't been drinking or been for a wee or a poo since she came back from the vets yesterday.
She's been offered a selection of foods and drinks and left to her own devices but has steadfastly refused everything.
By 12.30 I was getting so concerned about her lack of drinking that I decided to try syringing tiny amounts into her mouth. The only syringe I have is really tiny as it's for her propalin and only holds a max of 1.5ml at a time. Well that really annoyed her and she maybe got .5ml. She kept walking up to her yoghurt with raw eggs and walking away again, so I put some on my finger and wiped it inside her lips at the side. She was pretty annoyed but it seems to have worked because after running outside and doing a couple of circuits of the patio, she came inside and ate most of it. She's also had a huge wee, thankfully. Looks like I'm going to have to annoy her again later, but if it works I'll do it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Good work! At least that's something. Must be really painful if she won't touch even very soft foods.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Good news.Feel so sorry for her Tell you what's a godsend to me when meds are involved,works everytime,Lacey can't resist...Ravioli Not sure if Rio would fancy that or be able to eat it,but it is soft.I drain the sauce off,give a wee warm,cut into quarters and hand feed her it.Meds crushed a little and hidden inside,over in seconds
Must be extremely frustrating for her not to be able to drink Bless her..poor girl(( hugs))
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »