View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 10:13 AM
TW,if you go to your control panel,its possible you can turn automatic updates off,I know oldest did with hers
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Morning Jenny Nippy, June and Eileen.

Laughed at pepsi Dillon knows the word biscuit too and where his tin is.
Morning June I hope son gets his eye done even of he is late so maddening when the traffic does that too you. Looking forward to piccies of Taran if you able to post them.
Morning Eileen I hope the little dog turns up safe and well today.
I find things always work better when plugged in. I wouldn't tell either.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Morning all, shrove Tuesday today, enjoy your pancakes if you make them .

Went to open up the van a the weekend, the winds have not been good to us, blown the skylights off the van and we have a bit of water damage, not to bad though , will get it sorted, Figo had a good play on the beach with a few dead seagulls... got some video if I can ever get it from the phone to here

Have a good one folks, and don't pig out on the pancakes
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Afternoon all - yes, late again as usual, and as usual too many posts for me to cope with, plus a few problems that need sorting.

One of them being that I put the air-con in my bedroom on warm to take the chill off it about half an hour before I planned on going to bed, as getting undressed in a very cold room is not my idea of fun - and when I did go in the darn thing was blowing out cold air. Brrrrr - I hate getting undressed in the cold and then having to get into a cold bed, although the bed does warm up fairly quickly once in thanks to Da Booga stretched out next to me on top of the duvet.

Talking about Da Booga that is two nights now without a seizure B"H so fingers crossed that will be it - until the next episode - with a bit longer than just two weeks sz-free this time. But what will be will be so I just have to accept it. I was horrified and disgusted to read on the epi List this morning an email from someone wanting to re-home a five-year old Labrador who she had had from a puppy, because she was "fed up with those blanking seizures". Da Booga is five and even though I keep saying that I cannot cope, I would never consider just discarding her like that.

Eileen - I do hope little Ellie turns up safe and well today - and yes, it always helps to plug things in!

June - regarding updates, I never switch my PC off but put it into "Sleep" mode, so any updates come through during the night as the PC wakes up to accept them then goes back to sleep. When I wake it in the morning it just takes a few seconds for them to be installed.

Do you have a "Sleep" or "Hibernate" setting on your laptop? Because it will do the same if you use either of those and not close it down.

That is about all I can remember at the moment - washing machine has just finished so must go and put the things in the tumble drier. Then I have some lovely fresh courgettes to prep and blanch - also a nice cauli - but maybe I will leave those until later...

[Malka is procrastinating again - nothing new there! ]

I will have a ketchup once the washing is in the drier. In the meantime I hope everyone has as good a day as they could wish for.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning all.
So many posts not sure I can answer them all
Lynn you underestimate your boy, see he was waiting for you to let him back in
Helena poor Dave what a worry wondering will he be seen or not. Hope the scan appt comes soon.
LS if I tell Pepsi to show me she takes me to the biscuit tin
We have the sunshine too so I think I need to go out and make the most of it.
Hope you all have a good day
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm going to look up Procrastinating sounds a bit rude
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 10:58 AM
"To delay or put off something"....now that's just really disappointing
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Morning Jackie sorry to hear the weather has been unkind to the van. Sounds like Figo has had fun though with dead seagulls.
Morning Malka good news about Pereg. Procrastination must be catching.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Hi JACKIE
I fully intend to pig out on pancakes,have been so good lately at turning down the bad stuff and have been planning today as my reward!
Looking forward to seeing the video
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Morning again everyone I missed

Glorious springlike day darn sarf, went up on the clifftops wish I'd taken the camera to share it with you, but it's too heavy and I don't have a camera on my phone, but next time Dave's out with me, I'll take the camera and get some new pics, just to remind you how very lucky I am living so close to these stunning views and the sea

Met that lady with the collie that charged at Zena the other day when she was busy talking to somebody in their car. I told her what had happened, and I then heard her life story, and that of the dog, but it was a nice story, and the dog didn't charge at Zena it just laid down beside her and went upside down, but I kept well away, I just can't trust collies with Zena. Apart from her, we didn't see a soul cos I'm walking over on the other, quieter side of the park up there.

Rang that hospital appointments desk and to say she was a muppet and shirty is an understatement I told her that we don't want to be accused of NOT turning up had there been another appointment made cos there sure wasn't one last night. She said it was on the puter that the appointment was last night, so all she could do was to pass me on to the secretary?? Wot for?? I decided to hang up, and I shall be doing a letter of complaint later on today that's for sure.

Started cleaning, cos I just can't stop myself really, once Dave has left the building, I like to get it all like a proper house again.......and then back he comes, starts his diy and it's groundhog day for me One day I will have a house which requires normal cleaning, whatever that is, but just normal dust and tidying up, not this constant deep cleaning I have to do, and on top of that, I've got all the mud in the bootroom All cleaned up now, and the window cleaner has arrived, so I shall even have sparkly windows inside and out today.

Just took Zena up to the woodland lane and back so that she could have a pee and a poopy cos she didn't have one this morning. Now she's gone all hyper on me and I wish I hadn't taken her. Jeesus we were out for over an hour this morning - gimme a break dog!

Pork chop cooking away in the oven, I've even done myself some little roasties today to go with it and some spring cabbage, mm, mmm, mmmmmmm

Jen, oh lol at that Pepsi and the biscuit tin!

Linda, Zena is the same with her car, I had left the back open to air it when I took her out just now, and when we got back, I went to come up the front steps, but where did she go????? Yep!

Rose, please don't start worrying again about that membership, not many people are members on here, it's probably only the people who have spent many, many years stuck in this place that pay their dues. You cannot leave, and that's an order lol! Please don't go we will all miss your lovely chat and stories.

Jackie, sorry to hear about the static, being on big hills, we've been very lucky with our two, cos neither of them are actually at the bottom of said hills, thankfully!

Pork chop beckons now, so I'll catch up again later. Hope you've got this lovely weather, spring has definitely sprung here, even the daffs are all out now.

Hi June, Malka and Eileen, sorry I forgot you there! June, be careful if you use the sleep or hibernate, cos sometimes you can't wake 'em UP!!!! Been there!
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »