View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 10:19 PM
You should feed a percentage of offal to balance the bone content, raw ior cooked liver, heart etc but not too much as that will have the opposite effect.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
You should feed a percentage of offal to balance the bone content, raw ior cooked liver, heart etc but not too much as that will have the opposite effect.
Opinions vary on all aspects of diet and my dogs have a mixed diet, not totally raw, as approved by family who are top breeders and trainers and according to my tiny income and availability. Deeply indebted to the kind butcher who saves chicken backs for us.

First vet visit in the eight years I have had them.

They are happy and so am I
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I am so glad to read this happy ending. Good, trustworthy vets are worth their weight in gold.
Isn't that the truth! I liked the reception staff who clearly loved dogs and the place did not have that dreadful covering up stink.

Loved their dogs too... that graceful collie Australian sheep dog mix and the wee grey staffie puppy.

When the weather eases and I am more fit will see re getting the feral fixed...He sleeps in a flight module so all I have to do is gently close the door on him.. clever is that!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Opinions vary on all aspects of diet and my dogs have a mixed diet, not totally raw, as approved by family who are top breeders and trainers and according to my tiny income and availability. Deeply indebted to the kind butcher who saves chicken backs for us.

First vet visit in the eight years I have had them.

They are happy and so am I
Hi glad your dog is ok. I apologise if my post came across as critical it wasn't meant to be, I'm no expert on raw feeding, I did feed raw for a little while but it actually made one of my dogs colitis worse. I have also had problems with feeding bone so I just avoid it now. I would feed a little cooked liver for constipation even though mine aren't raw fed it just seems to do the trick ! What works for you amd your dogs is the most important thing.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Hi glad your dog is ok. I apologise if my post came across as critical it wasn't meant to be, I'm no expert on raw feeding, I did feed raw for a little while but it actually made one of my dogs colitis worse. I have also had problems with feeding bone so I just avoid it now. I would feed a little cooked liver for constipation even though mine aren't raw fed it just seems to do the trick ! What works for you amd your dogs is the most important thing.
Please don't worry and thank you. I meet so many raw food afficionados who have very strict and rigid ideas and as they say here in ireland, fair play to them if it works for them and if they have the money to do that and the availability that we in deep rural areas do not.

Read boards ie pets to see what I mean. I quit there long since but eavesdrop sometimes

As many different ways as there are dogs and owners. Until this never any problems and happy healthy dogs.

To see collie who was half starved on cheap dog food mushed up in water with cheap white bread for years with a big raw bone is to see a dog in heaven; the cats can walk over her and she does not notice.

As you so rightly say, some dogs do not take to raw..

Yours are happpy and healthy as mine usually are.

Same with cats of course and my way is the same there. Some raw some cooked, some kibble when I am too ill to manage anything else.

The real problem with wee dog is that she is so picky with food. A real worry just now too. But that accidental mix of JRT Bassett is a terrible error. She is over hyped, very emotional and wired etc. Highy energy too.

Again, thanks
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Wee dog is still straining and still not producing much at all. Eating and drinking etc well and bouncy . not like last week when she would not eat or drink

Maybe the diet change?

Please God so. Maybe apple juice would help... all I have in and neither the roads nor I are fit to go anywhere.

LATER

I tthink I may just be an over anxious owner... Found some poo outside and probably she is going first thing in the dark when I let them out for ten minutes.

What I am seeing later is just the effect of a less robust diet probably so hopefully it will ease at some stage ... she is far too lively to be sick!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3