Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
...[snip]...
Malka, what have you heard about Gatwick?
Only what I have been reading such as This article
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks Malka, some good pictures on that and after tonight there'll probably be a lot more. I watched the lion chasing that wilderbeats calf, unbelievable until the other lion came charging over

Lunch demolished, and I've made two little individual banoffee pies for later, but for now, it's the telly again.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Meg that flooding is awful am glad that you're okay - with having the little ones here I haven't seen any real tv, only Mickey's Clubhouse, Princess Sophia etcetera etcetera....had to add the etcetera's as I did catch some of The King and I

Kaits is doing so well with her dot to dots and is now doing them up to 60!

Marco has been so good, he's not been picking up the kids toys and eating them, seems to know what is his and what's not even though the floor is full of toys, he has taken a big liking to Cuddles the monkey and keeps having an occasional sniff of him
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Oh bless that little Marco, what a good boy he is
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Morning all, pleased to hear everyone had a lovely Christmas, I wish we had Boxing Day, but alas we don't so it is back to work for me... its ok though, not like I have to "out" to work.

Awful about the flooding, hope Jenny is ok, I read her post yesterday, so hopefully she has just lost power but is safe from flood waters/

We had a nice day yesterday, got to Skype with the family which was fine, had yummy roast beef and opened our presents. Daisy & Tilly got 1 new toy each, Daisy had hers de stuffed in less than 30 mins even though it was one of the tuff toys that are supposed to be indestructible.. Not for Daisy.. she started on Tilly's toy next so that is now in the cupboard.. darn dog... they both had a yummy roast beef dinner though!!

Had some sad news though, my Uncle who has emphysema died yesterday, so so so sad, there was never going to be a good day for it, but Christmas Day is horrible, the family was all there which is good! he has been so poorly and so ill, it is a blessed relief and now he is free from pain and can breathe easy once again, RIP Uncle John x

Anyway - more coffee is required before I get going with work!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Afternoon all,

I've finally caught up with yesterday's thread and it seems that a lovely day was had by most .... hopefully Jen is feeling better today though.

It also sounds as though you are all having a lovely day today and Lynn I hope your xmas lunch goes well today with your family but I am sorry Michael won't be joining you.

The flooding around here has been awful, parts of Guildford, Cobham (where I walk the dogs at Painshill), Brooklands at Weybridge ... the list is endless.

It is usually the Thames and Bourne that cause all the problems but it the River Wey this time which has meant that no cars can get on or off the estate apart from my OH's landy with a snorkle and one other neighbours landy so as you can imagine they have been ferrying people all day.

As its not too busy on here today I'll attach some photos I took earlier:

This is the road out of the estate:

A bit of a bow wave in spite of only crawling along:

Just approaching the deepest bit where you can see the railing disappearing on the left:

Some of our neighbours' properties:

A garden going down to the Thames

Our house is in no danger from flooding as we are built up but if the Bourne goes it will be a real pain as our garden will be under so getting the dogs to have wee let alone anything else won't be easy.

A neighbour two doors down had 19 for lunch yesterday and they all had to stay the night .. apparently the children were having to use dressing gowns for blankets and when I was speaking to her on the phone she had to race off as one of the younger children had managed to lock themselves in their toilet....chaos

We are walking next door for a meal tonight along with some other neighbours who were expecting relatives (who obviously can't get here now) and don't want to waste the food. OH has just trailored both of my sons car off the estate as one is back at work tomorrow and the other going to his girlfriends.

Rucksack and Flash are fine and had one good walk earlier.

I'll pop in again later.
Meg
Supervisor

26-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
The flooding around here has been awful, parts of Guildford, Cobham (where I walk the dogs at Painshill), Brooklands at Weybridge ... the list is endless.
What a mess Jenny just like around here.
When I was a girl (and I am probably older than many here) both the farmers and council workers spent the winter months 'hedging and ditching', this meant pleaching (or laying) the hedges and cleaning out the ditches and allowing the 'run off' rain water a clear path to the streams, rivers and ultimately the sea.
And of course a lot less of the land was cover in housing and tarmac.

Now I note many farm ditches and those along the roadside are blocked with overgrowth impeding the drainage of water. Progress, yes but not in all things .
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Jenny that really is horrendous, am so glad you and your neighbours are ok - enjoy yourselves tonight, you all deserve it!

You can see from the photo below just what poor Marco is having to contend with

Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Good grief Jenny that water is bad. So glad to hear you are safe at least. It's a good job your OH has a landy & can help ferry people about. Hope it doesn't get any worse for you.
It's been lovely here. No rain & it's quite warm. I went out dressed up in hats & gloves seeing as it was so frosty this morning & ended up taking them off & opening my coat cos I was sweating.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

26-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Oh Jenny - and to think that I was moaning about liquid mud everywhere the other week and I now feel exceedingly ashamed of myself having seen those photos. Please try to keep safe, dry, and warm.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »