View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2013, 11:43 AM
No cotton wool from here I didn't even put it down the normal toilet seeing how it swells.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Yeah,white flakes with little green shamrocks No roof today,painting the kitchen with my bro
Normal people use a paintbrush or roller.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Normal people use a paintbrush or roller.
you're a scream
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Can you smell the cake? can you? can you? It is finally made and in the oven.

Oh dear Lynn, I hope that plumber gets there soon. What a nuisance.
Eileen if we get snow here I shall examine all the flakes for signs of red roses
Can you make me a little something nice for later?,cupcake,muffin that kinda thing...pleeeese
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Macerators are noisy Lynn. Wherever they are used. Yours sounds as if it is blocked up with something. You see them in en suites in Cypriot hotels.

Cyprus plumbing is famous you aren't supposed to put any paper down the loo in most places coz of the narrow sewage pipes. However they sell very flimsy loo roll - disintegrates quickly in water. I've only ever had two blockages and sorted them myself with a springy dynorod thing I have.

Even using too much toilet paper could cause you a problem or too tough/thick toilet paper. Quilted loo roll can cause problems. Babywipes are a no no too. Generic, single-layer, el-cheapo toilet paper is the rule!

Is yours quite an old one? They've obviously only installed it to save money on having a proper loo plumbed in.

I prefer to have toilet waste going straight to the foul drain stuff and not running in pipes all under my floorboards!
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Afternoon everyone

Decided I'm going to start posting on here more now I have the time instead of just lurking in the background reading.

Day off work for me to today so think I'm going to go for a nice walk with ruby and do some baking before heading out to my weekly St John meeting

Louise
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Hello Louise we like new blood joining the madhouse. welcome & keep posting.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Me too to be honest we didn't realise it was a macerator I definitely would of thought twice about buying if I had known.
Or would that be thinking three or four times about not buying.

Gorden has said to ask about how much it would cost to have the piping put in to the soil pipe or the downstairs loo put in where the original bathroom was and use the upstairs as a back up loo.

We are thinking possible new pump. They had lived here about 7-8 years and had the upstairs bathroom put in when she was pregnant and the little boy started school this year so its not so old.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes about sleeping.

It's horrible to be down on sleep and I do feel for you, Malka.

Pat - What a hoard! Did you get it? Is it any good for your flats?

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Irish snow? Calm down Lacey - it's still early and you have to get through the rest of the day yet!

*I'm guessing if nothing else the snow will keep you off the bluddy ROOF! lol!

Lynne - I am sorry to hear of your plumbing problems. I hate anything to do with water going wrong. I hope it gets sorted quickly.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by loufoxyloxy View Post
Afternoon everyone

Decided I'm going to start posting on here more now I have the time instead of just lurking in the background reading.

Day off work for me to today so think I'm going to go for a nice walk with ruby and do some baking before heading out to my weekly St John meeting

Louise
Good! Forum needs the new blood! There's been a pall hanging over it for some weeks and I can't ever remember it being this quiet. Do get stuck in right away!
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »