Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Great minds think alike Sally You beat me to it this time
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Hey TM........notice anything odd about that census return There are two boys crossed out, and it appears to say deceased .....but one of them was only 5 days old, and yet our Ethel May (sorry Jantet!! your Ethel May) was six months old Either very premature, or someone has got their facts wrong.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:31 PM
I hadnt looked that close. Just had another look & it does say 2 children died. It looks as though the children were born at 2 yearly intervals so they have possibly put down the childrens names & the age they died. In which case Henry was 11 & Owen was only 5 days
Ive found a death for an Owen Baker in Bromley for Sep 1904 age 0 so possibly him
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:34 PM
I love tracing my tree, my dad and I worked together to do ours and I loved the time we spent doing it (it's addictive) and treasure those memories now as sadly he passed away two years ago.

We spent many a happy hour going around to registry offices buying certificates, going on the microfiche in libraries. The sad part is that we got totally stuck and couldn't go back any further no matter how hard we tried on James Cunliffe born in 1805 in Golborne, Lancashire. We have all the census records for him but never got beyond him.

Below is a photo of my dad stood next to his gravestone (!!) in Chorley cemetery, we had been searching for about two hours for his grave to no avail as we were looking at normal headstones when my dad shouted "Catherine I've found it", we couldn't believe that was his stone, it was erected for him by the miners and workmen of the colliery he managed - a lovely tribute

Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Hah.........you beat me to that one!!! Mind you, I went off for a quick cig and to pour a nightcap!

Yes, you are right of course. It was the age that they died, and not the age in 1911. Wonder what the 5 day old one died of I would have to send off for that cert
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Aww thats lovely. What a lovely thing for them to do as well. Its really exciting when you go round graveyards & find one of yours. Mind you most of mine are in unmarked graves or Paupers graves
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Cacoll, what bittersweet memories you must have, but how lovely that your father worked with you on the family research.

Those stones bring tears to the eyes.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm off now If I get going on this anymore I'll be here all night lol
Night all
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Me too TM.....and there is no point doing it really until the confirmation of the cert.

I have a hunch that we found the right one though
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >