View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2013, 12:49 AM
So sorry to hear about Pereg. Sending my best thoughts for recovery to both of you.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 06:18 AM
Oh Malka, Pereg was doing so well and now another one.. It is all so upsetting for both of you. Can not imagine what you are going through.. ( actually, just a little ) as Caesar had a few when he was only a few months old and they frightened me enough.. Hope Pereg will be ok on the new dose of meds..
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Another Grand Mal seizure at just gone 8am. Yesterday I ended up giving her another 10mg Diazepam plus two extra lots of food during the evening - did not manage to get to bed until nearly 1am and then she would lay next to me for a few minutes, then get down and wander about so I had to get up and check where she was and if she was OK. Back on the bed, lay down, get off and wander again. But she did not want to go out.

That was until maybe 3am and an hour later she wanted to go out - did a p&p and back to bed. We then both got a couple of hours sleep until the alarm at 7am so gave her her Pb and back to sleep until she had the GM - soaking my bed but at least she did not lose bowel control this time.

So I guess I am in for another day of exhaustion although I am praying that this second one was it for the time being as the seizures are so violent and it is taking her longer and longer to come out of them.

Rose - I hope Loki is OK, and Linda, that your Loki does not decide to join in.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 07:06 AM
You must be exhausted Malka, I'm so sorry to hear she's had another. I was hoping they'd stop at one. You must be shattered already - perhaps she'll sleep for a bit and you can get some rest too.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Will be thinking of you both today. X
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Me too. Poor Pereg and poor you - hope it's a restful day.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Thinking of you both and was hoping you'd managed a peaceful night. Fingers crossed that this was it and she is facing the right way now and there aren't any more for a very long time
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

07-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Oh Malka I know what you are going thru'. Do you give Pereg rectal Diazepam? I had to give that to Loki at one time but I don't now. It would take the legs from her.

I hope that today will bring calmness to Pereg and that you get some rest.

Big healing hugs to Pereg from me and from Loki.

I am thinking of you - please do try and rest.

Thanks too for asking for Loki - she slept most of the night and only the two fits, fingers crossed!

Take care xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2013, 01:33 PM
I do not give Pereg rectal diazepam Rose - I am not even sure if it is available here - but it would not be of any use for her. Firstly it has to be used during a seizure and Pereg's seizures being so violent I would have great difficulty in using it, and secondly she frequently loses bowel control as well as bladder control so would just poo it out!

I am prescribed 30 x 5mg Diazepam a month as a muscle relaxant, which I am supposed to take about an hour before I go to bed as my joints and muscles tend to lock into the position they are during most of my waking hours. But I sometimes cut them in half so that I always have a couple of packs spare for Pereg.

Theoretically the extra 100mg Pb she had yesterday afternoon, together with a total of 30mg Diazepam, should have knocked her out. But she was still very hyper and did not sleep until 3am.

So far today she has been fairly OK although still a bit restless and antsy at times. - she had only had her 7am Pb an hour before the seizure so I did not give her any more but did give her 10mg Diazepam.

I keep going back over her seizure diaries and unless she has another bad bout of clusters I am hoping that this is it for now.

(((hugs)) to you and Loki xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

07-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Aw Malka I do feel for you. I do hope and pray that Pereg is over them for a long time.

Big hugs and cuddles to Pereg from me and from Loki as well.

Hope you are managing to get a guid rest yourself now.

Hugs to you xx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >