View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Quick morning all to everyone. Must try to catch up a bit more because I want to know about so many things I've read snippets about!

Fleas all over garden?

Lynn looking at a different house?

Intrigued am I!

Feeling slightly better but son and family went for an early swim before thinking about going out and are still down there! Best leave them where they are all happy. We've sent down and erected huge sun umbrella for DiL and Holly as they are both dossing. And more inflatables for the kids.

Camel Park could be done tomorrow at a push before Phil leaves in the evening.

I'm all on my own in the flat! Having declined to join them in the pool - opted to get the zillion melon pips off the verandah instead lol! I only don't have unwanted creepy visitors here coz I am totally anal about cleanliness! Don't want to feed the beggars!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-08-2013, 09:26 AM
They have just ripped up the whole lot outside again.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Seems like a spiteful thing Malka if the Moshav committee themselves have made the comment about the damage done to your yard, it has obviously gone down the line now.
They are doing themselves no favours because I think the time of them doing as they please and getting away with it is coming to an end and it will be time to pay for their disgusting behaviour.
Have you a phone number for a member of the committee, maybe a phone call to them would alert them to what is now going on.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-08-2013, 10:53 AM
I have been told by the boss contractor that he checked with his lawyers and I have broken the law because my ramp is too steep for a manual wheelchair, and is too wide, therefore he has been told to come into my yard and rip the whole thing up.

Nearly 13 years after it was laid and accepted and he tells me he is going to rip it all up because I broke the law and it is too steep for a manual wheelchair. The fact that I have to use an electric wheelchair or a motability scooter does not count.

In the meantime the kerbstones along the road and in between the new pavement that will be and my yard have been ripped up and new ones laid which I will never be able to get over.

Oh, and the clever ess oh dee in one of the JCBs picked up a load of paving bricks from across the road and "accidentally" dropped and smashed the lot all over what should have been the end of my ramp and into my front yard.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Hallo again. Came back to a stinky house. The scalys had poo'd. Stinky boys. Have to sort their tank out today.

This morning was painful, but it's done. Next is take Mum to get a new microwave, hers has blown. But that's later.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Hallo again. Came back to a stinky house. The scalys had poo'd. Stinky boys. Have to sort their tank out today.

This morning was painful, but it's done. Next is take Mum to get a new microwave, hers has blown. But that's later.
Glad it at least went smoothly Lore. You've got a lot on your plate right now. Scalys are obviously blissfully unaware of that!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone, Lore know how you feel Jane is taking her mum to the registrar this morning. Both my sister two youngest children have been really supportive but the two elder ones have given her no comfort at all. She was most upset last night telling me how cold they have been to her. Robert has made it up to her for getting back too late from Canada but that couldn't be helped. He wants her to go back with him for a holiday in Canada after the funeral. I think that would do her good. Think she is a bit worried about how she is going to manage financially. Robert told her to sell the house and bank the money and live off it for the rest of her life not to worry about the offspring. I agree with him I must admit.

Lynn, I am glad you are going to look at a place in Suffolk as it will be so much nearer to your sister and other friends too. You were not overly satisfied with the cottage but before it is too late don't compromise yourself on something you are not too sure about.

Helena please be careful and look after yourself before you do yourself a major injury!

Malka, your situation makes me want to scream for you and howl because it seems no matter what you do you cannot win.

TW As long as they keep him in custody you can feel fairly safe. Would be nice to know what else he has been up to. Probably done the same to friends as he has done to you or even been caught dealing, can only summise.

Steve phoned from France this morning he will not be home until late on Sunday night. I was hoping he would be home early enough to take me over to Kath to be able to comfort her a bit. I sent a card this morning saying no words can convey how we feel at her loss.

Well take care everyone, Have a good day and stay safe. God bless.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Glad it all went smoothly for you Lorraine. I remember having to go there myself when I lost mum, I took a friend, cos there was only me to deal with it all on my own otherwise. I did fine with everything, apart from when I went to the funeral directors. He was such a nice man, and I chose all what I wanted, and then he came out with "you are your mother's daughter" and I replied that "I was" and burst into tears, first time in all that organising I'd done that, but he turned around and said that I would always be my mother's daughter, which cheered me up, and so YOU will always be your dad's loving daughter, remember that, cos of course, he hasn't really gone anywhere and you will meet again one day.xxxxx

Oh Lynn, exciting stuff now then Yes, yes, yes, you must go and see that other place that has leaped out at you, it's probably the right one, which will make you feel the way you should be feeling. There's something about this cottage which is holding you back and it probably isn't the one for you and fate has now stepped in to give you some guidance. Can't wait to hear back tomorrow and I'm sure you'll be brimming over with excitement by tomorrow night, hopefully!!! Have everything crossed that you will.

June, glad they've got him in custody, and in answer to your question, I wouldn't have thought he'd have any special conditions that they'd have to adhere to, not coming from him personally, but I strongly suspect the police won't want you knowing all of their business don't you? Good luck with it all, I hope knowing he's not going to be around is going to destress you a tad.

Hi Jenny, glad to see you back on form, and you too Pat, and everyone else who's popped in whilst I've been gone.

Went to Asda for a few bits that I don't get in Sainsbury's. Had the car cleaned, cos they've got a nice handwash outside with a pressure washer, not those other guys who walk around with the bucket of dirty water. I thought he said £5 when I handed him the keys and went off, so when I got back with my shopping and thanked him, I handed him a fiver. He laughed and said, sorry, it's £8 (cos it's a bimmer I s'pose) so I told him I'd have to go in the car and have a rummage cos I don't carry that much cash around I didn't tell him I've spent it all!! He said no worries and I'd probably have got away with it, but I found the other £3 and then gave him 50p tip cos that's all I had in my purse.

I'm on the hunt for a decent sausage. Can't find one anywhere, they're all c*ap! I used to get the Gloucestershire old spot in Waitrose which were REAL sausages, you could taste them, but everything I buy around here is all mushed, tasteless rubbish. Anyone got any pointers on the sausage front please?? I might order some O'Hagens online cos they're brill.

Hey ho, at least I must be relaxing a bit now if the only worry I have atm is to find myself a decent sausage lol!

Get a life H!!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Bdooly heck Malka, they really are being needlessly nasty, there's no need for that.

Spent this morning once I got back, sleeping. Thought Davie had come down to see me but must have been dreaming, cause when I took him soup up he was sleeping and said he hadn't been down at all. Odd.

Oh well, was munching on Brian's massive pot of chicken soup...not all of it of course good soup though.

Just marking time till I take Mum to Dingwall. The stinky boys are happy, they've been fed, and had their crickets. Dougal has had the scraps from the chicken Brian stripped with his lunch. Will take him a walk later. Going to get Brian burning songs later and Then going to see my friend who is up from England.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm back from my visit to my Mum's. OH came too and I took Rucksack in to see my Mum and he then drove on to visit his Mum and took Flash. Strict instructions not to let him eat the old people's biscuits and to hold on tight to his lead as its on a main road. It was a complete waste of my visit as Mum was in megga confused mode the entire time and then for over half of the visit she was in the loo It really did my head in today and although she is a really sweet person I felt myself nodding off while I was sitting in front of her .... maybe I'm Narcoleptic She asked me on numerous occasions how old Rucksack is and then said and "how old is that one" (I only had one dog with me) pointing at her walker. I eventually said in between yawns "the same age as his brother" My OH arrived and I met him outside, opened the hatch-back to find Flash ready to jump out to greet his long-lost brother (they hadn't seen each other for all of an hour) ..... my OH had forgotten to close the crate door Anyway we are all home thank goodness.

Lynn - you are doing exactly the right thing viewing the house in Suffolk. Its a fact that people pull out of sales all the time ...... far better to do that than buy and not be happy. Any chance of us having a sneaky looksie?? Good luck for tomorrow.
June - Can you now get your trusty Honda back? You'll find out soon enough what the outcome over your son is. At least he can't 'get-at-you' financially while he is holidaying with HMS.
Helena - I love 'Porky Whites' sausages but then everyone thinks 'their choice' of sausage is better than anyone elses. I buy them at Tescos. Was that £8 for just outside as that is the standard price for any medium sized car round here. How's your bottom today?
Lore - Well done for doing the registering bit ... all so traumatic and I expect all feels unreal a the moment. ((hugs)).
Moyra - Still try and make the most of having Steve away .... one more day I'm sure won't make any difference and you are at the other end of the phone for your sister too.
Malka - I can't believe what an unsupportive community you live in for this whole situation over your access to your own home to have escalated into such a huge and seemingly spiteful rage. I hope you can stick some cotton wool in your ears and try and catch up on some sleep ..... it won't be like this forever although it must seem so at the moment. ((hugs))
Hi to Mini and Pat too.
See you all later I'm going off for a nap.
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »