View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm back for an hour before heading out again. Going to walk Lily shortly.
Just had a quick chat with Charly and Ash, they are here till tomorrow afternoon and then they are going back to Pirbright for the night and then heading off down to Devon to sort out their house down there.
I won't see them anymore till middle September when Charly will come back and spend a week with me while Ash is away on a course. So its Charly's last time in this house.
They are just emptying the loft for me, so I can sort through all that when I get a moment.
Well better get Lily out, I will just take her up the road and back under the trees as its very hot and sunny out there.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena I overslept too.
Dillon did better last night slept till 3am then wanted to go out to lie outside but not for long did his business came in and went back to bed.
I have woken up with my face feeling all swollen Gorden says it looks a bit puffy and red round the cheeks and generally feeling icky.
I need to feel better it is Gill's last chemo tomorrow and I said I would Maisie sit for them as I haven't been able the last couple of times and it does make it awkward for Peter having to come home to let her out.
It is overcast here and a nice chilly breeze.
Good luck at the tip and booking the fish and chip lunch.

I hope everyone is well today and that our furry friends are well. Plus our reptilian ones.
This is not meant I a weird/un-nice way but have you tried changing the time you either feed Dillon or reducing his water intake in the evening to prevent him waking you up at 3-4am. Or does it no bother you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2013, 11:42 AM
It isn't always about needing a wee or pooh sometimes its just hot in the house and he wants to lay outside for a while to cool down. We have the french doors and windows open till late.
He has only really started this behaviour since the weather got really hot. He had been sleeping through from 9pm to 6.30 7.00am since being neutered and settling down in that respect.
its only occasionally he needs the toilet like last night and he has had upset tummy today.

In the winter if he needs to toilet rarely during the night he goes out does his business and comes straight back in and settles so I am thinking it is more to do with heat, hopefully anyway.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 12:07 PM
LYNN, have found that with Lacey too recently.She sleeps with me during the week but on several occasions during this heat spell she has looked to go downstairs around 3/4am.Plonks herself on the kitchen tiles,probably cause its cooler.Never does it any other time so I think you maybe right....just to warm I guess
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Dillon starts off on the kitchen tiles then progresses to the garden.
he does have double coat and has been moulting like mad Today is the first day since the heatwave I have brushed him through and not got another Dillon from the undercoat and that his coat is looking better.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Well I've just finished painting the white strips on the front steps (they were already there so that you can see the steps, so I just repainted it), then I painted the whole wall all the way down and along into the garage, looks all lovely and white and very Spanish again now, especially with all the black wrought iron, BUT, dark clouds are looming overhead and I think it might rain Bladdy typical isn't it and yet I was baking out there painting it all, I never thought it would ever rain in that heat

June, glad to hear it's "do-able" whatever it is, and I can't wait to hear cos i'm very nosy and it sounds so intriguing. Re the tan bit, try the Dove body lotion that tans the skin, it sinks in quick, it moisturises and doesn't smell or stain the sheets, I use it all the time on my legs cos I can't stand white legs!

Jenny, hope o/h manages to repair everything you've broken whilst he's been away and I hope Rucksack and Flash's hairdo's turn out just as you like them. You are wrong about those spiders, cos Dave checked everywhere

Pat, sorry to hear you're suffering today, but as you say, it could have been worse, and hopefully it'll be all over before next week whatever it is. Snuggle up with Bella and Tiger on her daybed, I'm sure she'll let you have a bit of room up there if you ask nicely.

Moyra, good luck with those eyes today

Lynn, oooer I wonder what you've got there with a puffy face Hope it gets better soon and glad to hear you're on the case with the solicitors now, it won't be long will it!Sooooo exciting

TM, sorry you're friends weren't in the cafe, maybe the weather put them off, and hopefully, you can show them those pics next week.

Bev, lovely that you've got Charly and Ash there if only for a short time, and good luck with finding a job in the new area. Have you put some cards up in the local shops offering your services? Might be a good idea? Good luck anyway, and hope you get a date for the move.

Hi Elieen, Jen, Norma, Kaz, Mini, Lorraine and everyone else I've missed, but can't remember anymore.

Piddling down now, and I'm sitting here looking out at my line of washing out the back and the paint running off the wall at the front - not good

Won't be around much tonight cos I'm tackling that huge pile of ironing so that it's all done and I might then have the rest of the week to please meself......hmmmm, I lie in hope
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Can't say anymore at the moment don't want to put the hex on it.
Only had ex-sons bank statement here again, so I opened it and had a look, he is still in the same area, so have rung police and told them, so she has taken notes.
Am hoping they will get him because the steps I am taking now are so extremely ridiculous that I feel stupid and paranoid and if they had got him I wouldn't be having to do it I assume they have police down in the area he is, surely they could issue a piccie to them or something, if he is using specific cashlines I am sure there is stuff they can do on cctv in town centres.
Have had the Walk From Hell with Cariad and Lona. Mabs and Keshi went onto the field, I did a bit of training which went really well and they had a play before and after and then we went home. So I thought (as black clouds were gathering) I will take Cariad and Lona on as well and do some training, as thinking about taking Lona back to classes to try and get this sendaway business sorted. Put a backpack on Lona with their balls in, got onto the field, thank goodness I kept a line on them both because it is holidays, was throwing a ball for them and they were bounding about, keeping them close to me, Lona did a poo, so got a bag out, was carrying her backpack to the corner where I train them, then I saw them watching, looked up and there was someone come on with a golden retriever, bounding towards us so shouted to woman not to let her dog near, left my stuff and walked away, so she follows, so I then have to keep walking, then she stops at my stuff, and I shouted that is mine, leave it alone, so next minute her dog has got one of my dogs balls..... so she gets the ball off the dog and throws it back at my stuff, then starts walking towards.....aaaggghhh.....I walk away, then she stops by the exit, so I am in the corner and it starts raining, next minute she starts walking towards me again, I am at boiling point by now. So I have to run to my stuff, grab it and get off the field. I tie Cariad up whilst I put the backpack on Lona, she only walks off the field straight into us, why did she follow me round only to follow me off the field I just said I have asked you to keep your dog away, and you keep following me, can you not have some consideration, and took girlies home, so another ruined walk.
River is very high and running very fast so didn't go on there, but that is why I go on the river in the school holidays, there is NO peace anywhere!!!!
Sorry to hear about the paint Helena, a whole mornings work up the spout I've got brown legs now Helena, hoping for the sun to come back when its finished raining.
Another month and they'll be back at school and everyone will be back at work, well I really hope so. Mind you by then I will be able to take girlies up the bridle paths into my Secret Garden because I can park in the garden centre again once summer's over.
Mabs has now started moulting, so she looks like the moths have been at her
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Phew, done my run, just over 2 miles in 32 minutes. Not too bad for me and Dougal. Poor Dougal sounded like a steam train again by the time we got back, and that was with a stop at the river for him to have a drink

Ironing pile will be next for a while. After I have some lunch.

Suspect I'm going to have to go to Inverness, the boys heatlamp appears to have blown Not amused.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Aarrrgggghhh
I have just had to spend nearly £400 on a new fridge freezer.
Mine packed up yesterday. I found out when I went to put ice cream with the dessert yesterday! Any amount of food wasted
My hubby refuses to go to Currys because of appalling service we have had in the past. This left us severely restricted
Anyway, anyone who lives near a "Spark World" I can't recommend them highly enough. Fabulous service, delivery in 2 days, the old one taken away for £15.
Hope you are all well, I will have a look around and come back later.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Aloe JENNY,
Never heard of Spark World,cool name though!Can you not claim off house insurance for your fridge freezer contents?
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »