View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Afternoon all we had a lovey breakfast in Belgique my treat.
Eggs florentine on a brioche. Gorden had an Americano and I had a coconut smoothie mmmmmmm.
We then went onto a garden centre but neither of us were hungry enough for the cake Gorden was going to treat us too when we had had a walk round so he got off lightly there methinks. We did have coffee though large ones he had another Americano and he only drinks it black so he is buzzing now. Done Lidls and drinking cool coke with ice cream.
We left the fan on in the living room for Dillon when we were out as it is hot out there today hottest day so far I reckon.
Gorden thinks Tom and Lisa will be alright if the mortgage has been agreed in principal and they agreed 10% deposit.
I will feel more sorry for them than us we still have the house and from September our worries are over for a while if they don't get this house they say they don't want to buy anywhere else.
It will be inconvenient having to re-market but we can take our time now.

Glad Loki seems better Linda.

Thank you all for the lovely wishes
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Happy Birthday Gordon and Happy Anniversary too

Just got back with the dogs bones, they are now happily chomping them outside.
Nephew has an interview with Bush, the tyre company for an apprenticeship, hope he gets one cos it will be a devil's own job to get him back to school for the 6th year, they are not allowed to just leave now.
Hope all is well and managing to keep cool.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the flowers.
Good luck to your son. Nothings simple these days is it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Afternoon everyone

Sounds like you had a great morning out there Lynn celebrating Gorden's birthday, shame you didn't leave room for that cake though. Will you cancel all the viewings on Saturday now then, or just carry on as normal and go with the flow?

Hope your son gets that job Elaine.

Jenny, I do hope those boys are resting peacefully with no further events for either of them. Glad to hear they've managed a tiny morsel of food.

Plasterers have used the kango thingie and now they're slapping on the first coat of render, it's gonna look good. Tomorrow is the last day, they will put the final coat on and I'll have to pay them. Zena is behaving herself out there watching them working underneath the balcony.

It's clouded over but very muggy and the forecast just said we've had 31 today and tomorrow will be 32 So still it goes on.

I've got to get myself ready cos I'm at a meeting tonight of the resident's association in this road and it's gonna be a long one I suspect, cos we're having half the road tarmac'd. I'm beginning to wonder whether it might be better to leave it as a potholed road in places to stop it becoming a school rat run though, so I might voice my opinion on that. Yeah I know WE'VE gotta drive up it ourselves, but neither Dave nor myself have decent cars now do we so we don't really care lol!

I'm all for putting bdooly gates up top and bottom to step anyone who doesn't live down here driving through I might bring that one up as well, depends on my mood

Won't be around tonight then cos I'll be out again.

I got a real bargain of a dress in New Look this morning, it's a lovely dress, all jagged at the bottom and longer at the back, strappy, white, blue, black patterned and the cost???? A FIVER! It even fits oooer, I think they got that one wrong didn't they.

I also bought a mistake in a cheap Indian type squatter shop, lovely colours, it's a maxi dress which is short at the front, long at the back, with elasticated top (like those old swimsuits we had in the 50's!!!) but it makes me look all mumsy and fat, so I shall be wrapping that one up and sending it to my skinny friend who it will look good on, for her birthday in August - sorted

Enjoy your evening and Jenny, I'll be thinking of you and will check back later when I come home.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Have fun at the meeting Helena.
We have still kept the appointments for Saturday so far we should know tomorrow.
I have looked it up and it seems it is more or less agreed if its in principal so should be ok. The EA we are dealing with for some viewing on Saturday said agreed in principal is usually a done deal. She reckons they have frightened themselves shopping around maybe for a better rate.
The Government thing at the moment is for new builds.
We're not panicking yet Mr Mannering.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thank you for the flowers.
Good luck to your son. Nothings simple these days is it.
eeerrrmmmmmm Nephew..... I didn't procreat
But Thanks anyway
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 04:18 PM
OOOps sorry. Good luck to your Nephew.

Its the heat that's my excuse anyway.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Evening everyone - and a huge

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORDEN, AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GORDEN AND LYNNE!

I am so pleased to see that absolutely nobody is saying how wonderful this weather is It is beginning to remind me of 1976 - when it finally rained, everyone just went outside to stand in it! That was also the year of the ladybird invasion, and the streets of Cheltenham, where we lived at the time, were absolutely covered in them. They BIT
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Evening Sally, and isn't the weather absolutely beautiful
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Evening Sally, and isn't the weather absolutely beautiful
That goes from me as well I dont like it when its humid but its a much drier heat now so I love it
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >