Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Helene, I'm so sorry I forgot yours and Daves anniversary, congratulations

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all, I had to do a double take when I saw Nippy opening the morning thread . did I miss something along the way what a lovely surprise though

Hope you all have a good day , and look after those doglets in this hot weather xx
Lol, I doubt whether it will happen very often!

Well the funeral went as well as any funeral can. It was a totally non religious service with music from Robbie Williams, Bobby Vee and someone else I can't remember singing "My Little Miracle" All very emotional.
I didn't go to the wake, I hate wakes, I have left the family to it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-07-2013, 12:14 PM
A lot cooler here today, have done 2 lots of walks up to the field before it went really warm, and got myself organised for my visitor, who so far hasn't appeared, but at least I am ready and the house is tidy. Girls outside under the umbrella with a cold bone each, or each others, who knows, lots of swopsies and growling at each other went on, but they are quiet now so more than likely asleep.
It was a surprise to see Nippy opening up for the morning, but today is a very sad day for her so I can understand her being up early. I hope everything goes as well as it can.
I am so very pleased that somehow I managed to avoid both collies, I did see the lab that drags its owner everywhere but it was in front and I let Cariad and Lona carry on sniffing at something till it had gone the other way and then we carried on up to the field.
How did the EA ring round go Lynn, I was so hoping you would have found 'the one' yesterday, no one can say you aren't trying can they.
Snakes and ladders in the garden with your grandson will be a lovely way to spend the day Mini, having a little tea party with him as well I expect. Do they do any of the giant garden sets in that game, I have seen a few of them and they look great fun.
Bev this time tomorrow you will be a mother-in-law won't you, I bet you will be so very happy that Charly has found such a wonderful husband and you will have got yourself a marvellous son-in-law, hope the meet with the outlaws goes well and you all get on, but with a son like Ash how could they be anything else but lovely people.
Happy Anniversary Helena, 32 years none of my marriages have even added up to that, so there must be something between you that has kept you together, despite having had to bite through your tongue several dozen times over the years.
Hope Zena's knee is just a blip and she knocked it or something. If it isn't one thing its another Have a restful day and recharge your batteries for the van changeover at the weekend, because it is going to be hot again, which I can't wait for, but I know you aren't too thrilled about. But then again I won't be cleaning a van out and changing beds and then washing everything!!! I would more than likely change my mind then.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Helena & Dave

much love from
Malka & Pereg
xxx

Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Afternoon all...

Hope the funeral goes as well as it can do Jenny (nippy). These things are never good. My thoughts are with you and your friends family xx

Well...I think someone forgot to put two bob in the meter...we got no sun again.... It is cloudy and a cool breeze, I refuse to call it a wind, cos it's meant to be summer...

Not a lot on today, just got to fetch the dogs bones and maybe take the computer to my friend. She works a couple nights a week, so it might be a trip tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary Helena and Dave

I wish Charly and Ash all the very best for tomorrow and for a long and happy life together
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Hello everyone,

Malka what a lovely greeting for Helena and Dave, I hope it is ok for me to reciprocate that to them too.
I was also glad to hear Pereg is still on the mend and you had a fairly good night.

Helena Sorry you wont be able to share your special day with Dave but no doubt you will chat on the phone for quite a bit.

Lynn, sorry you have had a headache, that is not surprising all the stress you have had. Has your mother been told about her brother yet? I hope if she has it has all gone well.

Well, my borderline Glaucoma is now fully fledged and I have a haemorhage(sp) in my right too. I now have to put drops in my eyes each night. I have to go back in 3 months. I just wonder what else I can have go wrong with me. I am definitely wearing out! Have a good afternoon all. God bless.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Helena - Happy Anniversary! Glad the eye is sorted out. I hope Zena doesn't have a knee problem. These dogs do like to worry us!

Nippy - I'm glad the funeral went well.

June - Well done for avoiding the collies.

I had a really disappointing shopping trip. I wanted to get some new sunglasses and Speedo briefs for Steve's birthday tomorrow, but I wasn't sure about the sunglasses and have people stopped swimming? Not only could I not find any Speedos whatsoever, but I couldn't even find briefs. It's all big trunks or baggy shorts. I ended up going online but of course they won't come by tomorrow.

I've rushed back after picking up Michael and I'm going to do a workout before going to school. It's their celebration this afternoon so I have to bring along a sandwich for Carys because she'll probably have to go straight to Beavers from school and won't have time for a proper dinner.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Moyra, my youngest son had a Hemorrhage behind his eye and they sorted it out with laser treatment, I was taking him twice a week for a while, then once a week, then it went to once a fortnight, finally once a month, now it is every 6 months, they have found a small patch again but at the moment they say it just needs watching. He is diabetic as well.
Linda, what a waste of a lovely day, you could have sat in the garden and had 'me' time whilst Michael was with his grandparents.
Got a phone call to say sorry can't make it, all the rushing about I have done to be ready for 1pm as well, I would much rather have had a leisurely morning on the river with the girls Oh well at least I have hoovered and mopped the kitchen floor for the umpteenth time this week, ironing is done, Nigel been to the garden yesterday, I suppose I could find stuff to do......nah I'll be bone idle as usual
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Just done some baking therapy!
I have made a batch of coconut buns for hubby, his favourite.
A rich fruit cake is in the oven. It can then sit in the cake tin and be cut as we fancy it.
One problem.... not thinking I put white castor sugar in the cake instead of demerara
Hubby says "never mind we can have a white fruit cake or you can leave it in the oven til it is brown" Yeah right!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Oh dear! Isn't it annoying when you've gone to all that trouble cleaning up for nothing TW I'm sure you could have found something more pleasant to do. At least everywhere is tidy now for a while & you can relax.
Glad the funeral went off well Jenny. I went to aHumanist one a few year ago. I think I found it more moving than the religious ones.
Glad the eye want anything serious Helena. It feels like you've got a brick in there doesn't it.
As TW said its been a lot cooler here today - humid but overcast. I ventured out with Taff for a slow hours walk & had a sit down in the park gardens - nobody else in there.
I went to the nurse this morning - all ok but I have to go for blood tests to check for diabetes & cholesterol ( they are determined to find something wrong with me ) Have to have a fasting test so no breakfast for me in the morning I'll be on my knees with hunger by the time I get back.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Lol I'm sure the cake will taste delicious whatever colour it is Jenny
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »