register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2013, 04:08 PM
That's Lona, she is a lady, I only have girlies, and my friends have the boys, that way I can avoid mishaps with 4 girls, although Cariad is spayed and Lona is retired and will be spayed, but other things taking my money at the moment. However she is fine and there is nothing medical going on with her so not in a rush. Everybody thinks Lona is a boy, she has a big head for a girlie.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Oh look at Mabs there, not the comfiest of places to have a roll around Can I ask you something....If I were to walk over to you sitting, sat there on that rock with all 4 of them around you, would they be ok??? Just interested!! As for Keshi, just stunning

I meet the 2 friends I have here now with their 5 gsd's, sometimes 6, and 2 of them come charging over to us, the others being somewhat aloof until you're up close with them, and it makes me wonder how those dogs can be so calm like that, when strange people approach their owners out and about with so many. I know when I go round their house, they all go ballistic at me from behind a glass door , and they daren't let them out cos they'd 'ave me (or probably wouldn't if the truth's known), but you would have thought they would be the same in a quiet area like that with somebody approaching an owner wouldn't you?

I only ask because I remember when I first rescued old Georgie, he didn't like it if somebody came near us out on a walk, he would bark and stamp his front feet, but I soon taught him that it wasn't acceptable to us. Maybe I taught him a bit too well methinks, cos when at home, visitors had to actually step over him whilst he snored away in the back doorway lol! I also remember how Zena in her teenage years would lunge at people who came near me Yes, I know, don't know where that came from, but it soon got trained out of her!! Now she only does it from the safety of my big bedroom window
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2013, 04:22 PM
They are fine with people, not good with strange dogs, especially Mabs who runs and hides (this is since that dog came at her) Cariad and Lona will run up to a strange dog and bark, but if I shout Leave they stop then, Keshi chases everything because it is her favourite game of all time, she is used to being told off by the others though, so knows her manners when required!!!! They are not barky dogs really, the neighbours say they never hear them (they must do when that flaming collie comes rushing up the back to torment them through the gate despite my barricades) When people come for puppies they are gobsmacked how quiet it is and say you would never believe how many dogs and puppies I have.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Next new litter.... Will you promise some puppy pics??
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 05:01 PM
June, they are flippin brilliant pics.....

A real credit to you, thanks so much for sharing xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Oh I do puppy fixes every day when I have one. However Mabs has to have all her health tests (and there are a lot) before she is cleared to breed from, she is just coming up to 18 months and I am hoping to have enough money on my credit card to get them done as she is now old enough to have her eyes, hips and elbows, VWD and DM tests, if they are OK then she will be seeing a Yung Man when the time is right. She had a clear eye test at 6 weeks, so hoping that will be a formality.
The other two girls are either spayed or retired and Keshi is only 7 months so will be this time next year before she is health tested.
Here's Cariad's final litter which is the one Keshi came from

Thanks GB, much appreciated
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I took so very many piccies, I am spoilt for choice as I lurve ALL of them, patient as you are all I know you will lose the will to live if I put them all up, but I know and appreciate that this is VERY pic heavy, so purleese humour an old lady and see them through to the end.

I'm going to leave it here, because I'm embarrassed about so many piccies, I'm gonna have to do another thread with more on another day. Thanks for looking
OMG June ... in that third picture down, the dog on the right is the SPIT of Tawney!!

I am just going to have to come up and kidnap the lot of them - they are all girlies, so will be absolutely fine with my monster Ben - the boys would be in seventh heaven!!

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, just no other way to describe them
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 05:06 PM
How cute are they Thankyou xx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 05:07 PM
That's one of the puppy toys!!! They float really well and Lona loves to swim out and get them. We have lost one at sea unfortunately though
Here's my favourite one of Keshi, she has captured the
soggy sheep on stilts look extremely well in my opinion

Tawney!!!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 05:09 PM
They are fine with people, not good with strange dogs, especially Mabs who runs and hides (this is since that dog came at her) Cariad and Lona will run up to a strange dog and bark, but if I shout Leave they stop then, Keshi chases everything because it is her favourite game of all time, she is used to being told off by the others though, so knows her manners when required!!!! They are not barky dogs really, the neighbours say they never hear them (they must do when that flaming collie comes rushing up the back to torment them through the gate despite my barricades) When people come for puppies they are gobsmacked how quiet it is and say you would never believe how many dogs and puppies I have.
Keishi - THAT's the one, I couldn't remember the name! She is the SPIT of darling old Tawney. Ah happy memories!!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »