Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
There was also never the choice of foods there is now- it was just tinned food and leftovers from tea
and i cant remember anyone researching for a dog and looking into KC registration etc. Everyone always seemed to get a pup from a friends litter and they were always crossbreeds (well at least where we lived anyway)

my dogs were never feed on tinned food they were feed on that dried food that you added water to (cant remember what it was called but it began with a V)

and we only ever had crossbreeds and mongrels my first KC was a stafford
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Nat could it have been Vitalin?
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by staffy
Yes thats the one,
i know some1 would know
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by staffy
Yes thats the one,
i know some1 would know
Tessa
Dogsey Junior

29-08-2004, 10:56 AM
No I'm not the same as my parents. My mum still thinks I'm absolutely bonkers for having dogs and cats. In my younger days she was a farmer and my father was a farrier. All the dogs we owned came from the fact that I would bring all in and try to convince my parents all the dogs were lost.

Eventually when I was about 10 I owned my first dog that being a Cairn. It just grew from there.

Tessa
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2004, 11:05 AM
my mum now prefers my puppy to my kids and by shim presents all the time! She is constantly nagging me as to have i groomed him and cleaned his teeth!!!! But my mums own dogs drive me insane and she calls them my sisters! and the kids are supposed to call them aunties! my mum hates humans and only likes dogs!!
2 Dobes
Dogsey Junior

29-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Although we always had a dog in the house Ive had to train my mum how to talk to my dogs .She never trained her dogs but expected them to know what she was telling them,

I spoil my dogs rotten but they know "No means No" :smt018 not like the kids who think No means ask again

They dont get away with murder as my mum thinks but thats
because she's not here . The only thing i copied from my mum was the house training ,the pups were taken out after every feed,sleep and play and i can thank her for that.

Ella.x.
Ozzy_AmericanBulldog
Dogsey Junior

30-08-2004, 08:19 AM

I treat my dogs totally different to my parents, my mom & dads dogs are allowed on the furniture, on the bed etc - mine aren't.

You may also find the fact that my mom and dad own Standard Poodles and i dont really funny because alot of other people do! They think its funny that i have had Rotties, English Mastiff and now my AB's, but i have been bought up with Standard Poodles.

Don't get me wrong the Standard Poodles are great dogs and if anything happened to my parents i would take their dogs on, but they just arent my breed

Ozzy xxx
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2004, 10:10 AM
I was brought up around working dogs (we had about 15 collies) they all lived in kennels and are what I would describe as "hardy" dogs. They earned their keep and we never really got to do much with them or handle them too often but they were great animals and it made me have a lot of respect for an animal that can do a job rather than sit round all day and look pretty.

So in a way I could never own a dog that just sat about each day and went for "walkies". I always have to be on the go and have them actually doing something that puts a bit of pressure on them each day. I bike with my dogs and walk for about 3 hours each day, perhaps that part of me came from always being around dogs that were on the go so to speak.

Laura
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2004, 11:36 AM
we always had rescue dogs and bright sunday afternoons were dog pound days out ..i think I am different with my dogs than my parents were although perhpa my love for animals came from them
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >