View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Hope everyone has achieved all they set out to do today. I have managed to get the new cover over the greenhouse and tied it all down well. If this one lasts as long as the last one 3 years I shall have no complaints. I have moved the tomatoes back in and strung them up again but the geraniums and other plants are still in the glass fronted shed. They wont hurt to stay there until they need moving. Steve took the tramadol for his back and it has enabled him to get about a bit more. He is booked for the osteopath next Tuesday morning. Have a good afternoon and evening all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Hope everyone has achieved all they set out to do today. I have managed to get the new cover over the greenhouse and tied it all down well. If this one lasts as long as the last one 3 years I shall have no complaints. I have moved the tomatoes back in and strung them up again but the geraniums and other plants are still in the glass fronted shed. They wont hurt to stay there until they need moving. Steve took the tramadol for his back and it has enabled him to get about a bit more. He is booked for the osteopath next Tuesday morning. Have a good afternoon and evening all.
Yes everything done thats mean't to have been done so far today. The banoffee pie is made, which was mean't to be a surprise for Ash, but he has gone down with a bad stomach bug, still more for me
I unfortunatly still have to head off for work in a moment.
Glad to hear the Tramadol is helping Steve.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm Freeeeeeee. Hubby has gone away for the weekend. some war weekend or something in Yorkshire. He's away till sometime on Sunday. He left at 1pm so I took Taff out & just called into a cheap warehouse place down the road for a tin of undercoat. I'm going to paint all the woodwork on the stairs & landing. Having a coffee first & then start to wash it all down first. I'll put the undercoat on later & the gloss tomorrow. The walls want doing as well, I'll probably do them next weekend when he's away again. It's less hassle doing it that way than when he's here.
After a horrible start weather wise it's brightened up now & is sunny & warm.
Have a good afternoon all of you.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm ream crackered so I'm having a rest and watching hubby steam clean the kitchen floor Well you know what men are like with gadgets
I'm ready now for my visitors that arrive tomorrow. Beds made baking done and cleaning nearly done

H I don't dare tell your "schwester" we are having cottage pie tonight, it will take me for ever to explain that one

I hope that you all have some sun and that you are able to enjoy it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2013, 02:40 PM
At Hannah Mini.
Haven't done the hair yet June that's probably why no one has come to view today. I have hoovered dusted and got the washing out though.
The soda bread sounds nice Linda.
Another trip to Dunelms Helena on the pretext of stocking Dave up.
Lynne good luck with the painting and enjoy your husband free weekend.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Afternoon all, been to a dog show with a friend, and whilst out, Millie has surpassed herself with her SA......

Drama at the dog show, a real kafuffle broke out in the American Cocker ring, when two winners were congratulating each other, sadly they seemed to forget they both had two entire males on the end of their leads, and WW3 broke out, resulting in one dog pooing and weeing itself, the handler of one of the dogs being floored in the ring, not a nice sight with one dog locked onto another.

Anyway, drama over, the monster (Millie) is now sleeping away the after noon, with out a care in the world. leaving mum to clear up her mess.

Hope you are all OK, enjoy the rest of the day . xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Speaking of 'husband free' time - you couldn't make this one up ...

My sis has just been called by her husband. He has had to go to A&E with chemical burns in his mouth.

He was on the golf course and trying to clean some grass stains off his balls - by licking his thumb and rubbing the ball. The chemicals they use on the grass have resulted in the chemical burns in his mouth!

He has been given antibios and antihistamine and said he was the butt of many jokes both on the green and at the A&E!

Gawd she can't leave him alone for 5 mins. Last time they were apart he got 3rd degree burns on his feet - in Thailand, on a boat, slapped on the sun cream but forgot to do his feet and ended up in the hospital there!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Hi Moyra, yes, just about, got everything done I wanted to do here today thanks, and glad to hear you've managed to secure the new cover on the greenhouse and put everything back in all secure. Glad your Steve is getting relief for his back, and now you've reminded me to make an appointment at the osteopath myself for next week, seeing as how I seem to have a completely free week next week I'm sure that'll all change though! Night night Moyra, sleep tight.xxx

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Yes everything done thats mean't to have been done so far today. The banoffee pie is made, which was mean't to be a surprise for Ash, but he has gone down with a bad stomach bug, still more for me
I unfortunatly still have to head off for work in a moment.
Glad to hear the Tramadol is helping Steve.
Hi Bev, my favourite, and I haven't made one since Christmas, but that's due to Dave being on a diet, and I couldn't possibly eat a whole one myself before all the bananas turned black, not the way I make 'em anyway! HopeAsh is better later, and enjoy yours.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I'm ream crackered so I'm having a rest and watching hubby steam clean the kitchen floor Well you know what men are like with gadgets
I'm ready now for my visitors that arrive tomorrow. Beds made baking done and cleaning nearly done

H I don't dare tell your "schwester" we are having cottage pie tonight, it will take me for ever to explain that one

I hope that you all have some sun and that you are able to enjoy it.
LOL, no, don't even go there with my schwester and that cottage pie Jen, she'll think we're a right strange lot here trying to cover our cottages with pastry!!! Yes, men and gadgets, I see the way Dave looks and stares at my new hoover sometimes I've worked out a way of doing it before he gets a chance to step in though cos it never works the same when he's used it. Some people would like their o/h to hoover for them, but not me. Enjoy the moment there Jen

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
At Hannah Mini.
Haven't done the hair yet June that's probably why no one has come to view today. I have hoovered dusted and got the washing out though.
The soda bread sounds nice Linda.
Another trip to Dunelms Helena on the pretext of stocking Dave up.
Lynne good luck with the painting and enjoy your husband free weekend.
Hi Lynn, Tcht, see, you shoulda done that hair, and then you'd have had a viewing!!!! I dread to think how long Dave would have been in Dunelms getting this little lot Lynn. He absolutely detests shopping,I think he's got a phobia about it in all honestly,he goes all strange on me if ever I take him and drops wind wherever possible too!!!!

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Afternoon all, been to a dog show with a friend, and whilst out, Millie has surpassed herself with her SA......

Drama at the dog show, a real kafuffle broke out in the American Cocker ring, when two winners were congratulating each other, sadly they seemed to forget they both had two entire males on the end of their leads, and WW3 broke out, resulting in one dog pooing and weeing itself, the handler of one of the dogs being floored in the ring, not a nice sight with one dog locked onto another.

Anyway, drama over, the monster (Millie) is now sleeping away the after noon, with out a care in the world. leaving mum to clear up her mess.

Hope you are all OK, enjoy the rest of the day . xx
Hi Jackie, awwww that's fantastic to hear about your Millie, bless her. How embarrassing for those two handlers with those dogs there though Is that normal then for two male entire dogs to want to have a go at each other then? I would have thought show dogs were so used to being around other dogs they wouldn't have it in them to react to any Better go tidy up for Millie now Jackie before she wakes up.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Speaking of 'husband free' time - you couldn't make this one up ...

My sis has just been called by her husband. He has had to go to A&E with chemical burns in his mouth.

He was on the golf course and trying to clean some grass stains off his balls - by licking his thumb and rubbing the ball. The chemicals they use on the grass have resulted in the chemical burns in his mouth!

He has been given antibios and antihistamine and said he was the butt of many jokes both on the green and at the A&E!

Gawd she can't leave him alone for 5 mins. Last time they were apart he got 3rd degree burns on his feet - in Thailand, on a boat, slapped on the sun cream but forgot to do his feet and ended up in the hospital there!
Hi Pat, Oh that cracked me up, but then I was intrigued by the grass stains on his balls originally (well, the smutty side of me was!). How awful, but what a do'nut hey Hope it doesn't hurt too much an he's able to eat later. Oh deary me, no, you just couldn't make that one up could you - lesson learned hopefully, until the next time!! Men!

Sun is still shining, but that wild wind is very cold which ruins it.

Hi to Sally and Norma if you pop in and I miss you tonight, hmmmm I feel a song coming on lol!

I won't be around this evening cos of course, his lordship comes home tonight and will be busy tomorrow with the van change-over and sorting this lounge out with Dave, but I'll try and pop in and out when I can.

Enjoy your week-end everyone in case I go awol.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Everyone now been out for a walk, shopping done. Sun is out of course, where was it this morning??? Got some more bedding plants from the butchers when I went for petmeat and will put those in once I've had a brew and done the girlies veg for tonight. I did really well last night, I had some grass seed for when it rained, and actually remembered to do it, bedding plants will go in asap because it is saying rain overnight and tomorrow morning.
Men are strange aren't they Pat? Thank goodness I am man free, I mean chemical burns in his mouth because of licking his (golf) balls
What did you buy in Dunelms besides Daves stuff Helena, because I know you will have done, you couldn't go in there and not get something for yourself, so spill.
Slap that hair dye on Lynn, then they'll be queueing round the block lol
TM, you are going to have a wonderful weekend, as he is away next weekend is there any chance of him just staying where he is
Hope the 2 males weren't badly injured and it was just wind and water, it tends to be the ladies who go for the jugular.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
I'm Freeeeeeee. Hubby has gone away for the weekend. some war weekend or something in Yorkshire. He's away till sometime on Sunday. He left at 1pm so I took Taff out & just called into a cheap warehouse place down the road for a tin of undercoat. I'm going to paint all the woodwork on the stairs & landing. Having a coffee first & then start to wash it all down first. I'll put the undercoat on later & the gloss tomorrow. The walls want doing as well, I'll probably do them next weekend when he's away again. It's less hassle doing it that way than when he's here.
After a horrible start weather wise it's brightened up now & is sunny & warm.
Have a good afternoon all of you.
Hi TM, and you're probably very busy rubbing down and slapping on the undercoat by now after that cuppa, but sorry I missed you popping in earlier, don't know what happened there.

Anyway,enjoy your freedom this week-end, maybe we should send up a nice yung mann to help you with all this decorating huh??? Or might you get distracted perhaps??? Have fun! It's great to hear about all this painting going on now that I've completely finished all of mine
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >