Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Morning all

Was lovely and sunny first thing, Ive got all my washing on the line but now the dark clouds are gathering. Hopefully they will blow over smartish.

Off to clean and shop for step father and then call in nursing home to visit my aunt, so out all day.

Have a good one everybody
Afternoon Gill, hope the visit to your aunt is a good one, it makes such a difference to them having visitors, it brightens their day

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning everyone

Thanks for all the good wishes for Loki. He's fine - a bit quiet this morning but doing well.

Helena - Loki would have been exactly the same. We used to have a couple of small dogs the other side of the fence that would bark at him and you could see him sort of examining the fence trying to find a way through, over or under. It's a high fence though, so he couldn't actually lean over.

Lynn - I hope you get some nice photos today.

Jenny - I hope all goes well with your visit to your mum.

Tangutica - That's a great photo of you all on camels.

Bev - I hope your head is okay today.

Mini - Have a lovely day with the children.

I cycled with Carys to school this morning - for some reason I found it really hard on the way home so I just pretended that I wanted to go that slow.

I think I'll visit my parents this morning.

Take care everyone.

xxx
Afternoon Linda, oh that did make me laugh, you pretending you wanted to go that slow Was it uphill then??? Glad to hear Loki is doing well, if a bit quiet, maybe you take him along when you visit your parents, that might perk him up a bit.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Had a nice walk with Dillon up the field through the woods and back down the field we had company some of the way.
My neighbour with his black Cocker Spaniel Poppy. have one arm longer than the other as Dillon was on his long line and Poppy free roams. Don't trust Dillon 100% at the moment not to follow his nose or get silly and run into a tree or into someone he did knock into Roby'ns knee's at one point.

Found the keys looked through the recycling bin the shed the compost bin and was totally stumped. Checked the front garden up the side of the house round the back path near the back gate. Still no luck.
Postman came so went to get the key to open the post box and the keys were hanging up I usually put them in a drawer.

Rang the agent told him we will be emailing some more photos without the lights on indoors this time as it will be nice weather and hopefully people will not be thinking the house is dark all the time. That the house is now different out the front. They will go onto right move almost immediately when we have emailed them and the front of the house one and view in the paper next week. Cut off day is Monday.
I did say you told Gorden you would be back for the outside photo when the weather improved he said I can come out if you want me too see different again to Saturday. I declined and said no we will do them.
Again the neighbour I walked with today said he is surprised no one has been and said as far as he is aware we are regarded as a sought after area still.
Hi again Lynn, glad you found the keys, almost in the right place then. Glad you enjoyed a nice walk in the sunshine with Dillon pulling you along

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Good luck with that then Lynn.

In no particular order. Never did remember what it was I wanted to get today. Never mind it will come back to me when the shops are closed. Bought cushions and sheets and a sundress instead! Agonised over lovely flowering plants but they struggle this time of year and need watering all the time. My huge hydrangeas are a sorry sight already.

I've got LOTS of 'camel' photos! We LOVE the Mazotos Camel Park. I'm such a frequent visitor with guests in summer that they let me in for nothing AND allow me to take Bella in too! They have a pool there as well. And waiter service round the pool mmmm

My daughter has informed me that she is taking me to a treat in London the day after I arrive in July. Dim Sum Afternoon Tea Party at the Crazy Bear restaurant in Fitzrovia. She said we can shop for a wedding get up for me too if we haven't found one the day before in Reading.

After her race yesterday she apparently hurts everywhere! She said she can't even pee or cough without it hurting!

Bella has just moved off the sofa and flaked out on the cooler tiles. That's the first time I've EVER seen her lie down on the tiles! She is a bit of a 'cushion princess'!
Hi again Pat, that camel park sounds just the job, as long as they're not within spitting distance of the pool and the g&t's!! Must be hot then if Bella has chosen the cool tiles so make the most of it, it could get too hot to go out by mid-summer couldn't it? I know mum used to say that in Mallorca, and it got far too hot for me in July/August unless I was on the beach or by a pool. Glad you didn't come home empty handed there after forgetting what you went for

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I've just been rearranging the greenhouse to make way for some plants I have potted on.
What I thought was a lump of compost unfurled 8 long legs and scampered off
I screamed, arrrgggggggh, Pepsi came running jumped all over me and the greenhouse shelf and now I don't know where the flippin thing is!
I won't be going back in there in a hurry!
OMG Jen I'd have freaked out and then Zena would have done what Pepsi did. You're going to have to get Brian in there to find it, although it's his home, I never touch them when they're outside cos I feel like it's theirs, even though I'm terrified of them. Georgie used to eat them for me before I even spotted them, but I can't rely on Zena being spider patrol, she feels they're far too insignificant to worry about, she'd rather have the neighbour's dogs or the neighbours

Well, I had a real good nosey around TKMax and got my lovely silky soft fluffy dressing gown, not thick, but nice and thin and silky and all for £12!!! You wouldn't find one like this in the shops for that price!

THEN, I was looking at this huuuuuge, marble effect table lamp, it was just what I want for this lounge, big and heavy and very tall, and I couldn't read the price, but I thought it said £149 and although I would never in a million years PAY that price for a table lamp, I got the girl to read it for me, so she gave me another shock when she said it was £249!!! Can you belieeeeeve that??? For a table lamp???? I kept looking at it though, and noticed it had a really flimsy plastic plug that seemed to be broken cos I could open it up one side, that's not good is it on a £250 lamp!!! She said they had another one out the back which might be cheaper so when she went to check that one out, I asked her to ask about him dropping the price on this one. When she came back, the other one is £250 as well and the man from Del Monte he say no Pah! Don't want it anyway, I haven't completely lost my marbles!! No, a £50 BHS one will do just fine thanks It is nice though...... NOOOOOOOOOOO

I tried again to bank that cheque in the post office, and this time I could actually park (well squeeeaze in) outside, but when I walked in there, my face dropped to the floor when I saw the queue and the lady at the end laughed at me and asked whether I was going to do it or not?! I said I already wasted an hour in the doc's yesterday, and I don't intend to waste another one this morning in the post office, so I left and the cheque still remains unbanked. Tomorrow then....

I'm going to mow this lawn after lunch and a nanny nap, so won't be on again till it's all finished.

Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I hope this MayBank holiday brings you a few viewers and then a buyer..........
Hi Kazz, yes Lynn, so do I, it's about time you got somebody in isn't it, finger's crossed then.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Good afternoon all

A beautiful sunny day here marred only by the very chill north easterly that is making it feel cold again.

Many of the geese are nesting now, but it will be in vain if they do the same as last year, ie destroy the eggs for population control

Rosie is zonked, Dave is copying some films he recorded onto DVD and I'm going to read so a quiet afternoon all round

Have a good 'un all xx
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Morning all, hope you get lots of viewings Lynn, I think it's a very good price for where you are and what it is!

Today i went to go to a tackshop, but couldn't find it, but to make it an un-wasted trip drove up to a mole valley. I only needed a new pair of jods so turned into a bit of a mission really!

did some revision for my 3rd year exam.. oh and

GOT MY LONDON MARATHON 2014 PLACE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Has been a lovely day up till now, it is going downhill rapidly, dark clouds and cold wind got up. Am back from the bone run, sunroof open, sunglasses on, t shirt and jeans on, was like a Proper Summers Day, but now it is gone, or going
Nippy, that sounds like a very Large lump of compost, exactly how big would you say, because am wondering if it is some sort of Illegal immigrant, eugh, I would have screamed and screamed, and never gone in there again, because it could have Family there as well, waiting for you, watching, tapping those legs with impatience. I think i'd have to move house actually
Linda, you need to get Loki hitched to your bike, then you won't have to walk him, just run him with the bike on the way to school, and on the way home he can pull you up that hill. So glad to hear he is doing fine now and his back legs are working again, it must be something to do with the medication he is having when he has fitted.
What a shame about that lamp Helena, but £250 is a lot to pay for a lamp in TKMaxx, a very lot, then again it could be a designer one maybe. There are a lot of things you could buy in Dunelm for £250 though Can you get to your bank at all rather than the post office, they have just refurbished our nearest one (village one closed years ago) and it is now open on a Saturday afternoon, the queues are horrendous though, so haven't been in for a very long time, I get my state pension paid straight into my bank, my mother was insistent I draw hers out every week though, so I used to have to go and queue, and the other thing was she never let me use mine which was more convenient, no I had to drive 20 miles to her house, pick up her pension card, drive into the town, park (and there was never anywhere to park) and then queue, draw her pension, back in the car, give it to her with the card, she counted it out (to make sure I hadn't stolen any) then gave me the money to go in her bank (which she always checked I had done in the paying in book) and then drive 20 miles home. Used to take up a full morning that did!!!!
They've just refurbished a branch of my bank not too far away and I drive up there now, out of town, plenty of spaces in the Tesco car park, and in and out in 5 minutes, 10 tops.
Hope it went OK with your mum today Jenny, having your brother there will have helped (or not )
Well must get these bones bagged up and in the freezer and will drop a bag round to Jackie and Andy's later
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Tang and TW, I hate you both
I'm walking around bare foot, dying for the loo, looking for illegal immigrants and their children
I've told Brian about it but he doesn't seem to have taken it in!
My lovely young (male) neighbour has offered to take some rubbish to the tip for me. I might ask him how he is with spiders
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Afternoon all. I think new photos are a good idea Lynn. The original ones you could see it was snowing outside so by now they would look as though the house had been up for sale for ages & peeps might wonder what was wrong with it if its been up ages.
Lovely sunny day here today I went to Liverpool this morning, just for a mooch. Didn't get anything though. got home at 1-45 got changed turned round & took Taff out before 2 o clock. When I got back I noticed the water wasn't getting hot. For some reason the boiler had gone out. OH has just re-lit it.
Legs are aching now after walking round all day so I'm having a rest with my feet up for a while.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Nippy, couldn't work out why you were dying for the loo, and then remembered about the ones that hide IN the loo but I think they are aussies, with little hats with corks swinging from them holding a cannie, I wouldn't even consider going barefoot either, eugh one could run over your feet, or even be perched on a toenail as we speak, gazing up at you
The Yung Man sounds a good idea
TaffsMum hope OH has made you a nice cuppa with some choccie biccies
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Nippy, couldn't work out why you were dying for the loo, and then remembered about the ones that hide IN the loo but I think they are aussies, with little hats with corks swinging from them holding a cannie, I wouldn't even consider going barefoot either, eugh one could run over your feet, or even be perched on a toenail as we speak, gazing up at you
The Yung Man sounds a good idea
TaffsMum hope OH has made you a nice cuppa with some choccie biccies
Or...
...you might tread on it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post