View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Lynn, it is not that I mind so much about Da Booger getting me up in the night, it is the fact that a couple or four years ago I had an ensuite built onto the back of the bungalow so I would not have to go all the way from one end of the bungalow to the other when I needed to get up in the night for the loo [old age - pah ].

And now I have to go all the way from one end of the bungalow to the other when Pereg needs a pee!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Gone really warm and sunny here, although there is still a haze, heard from Taran's mummy today and she says it is spitting there despite the forecast being sunny, she is further west and down from me so I assume it is on its way here, hence the haze.
Took Mabs and Keshi onto the field as will not be taking Mabs out for a walk whilst she is in season, and don't want to take her on the river with Lona until I know whether Lona is preggers, her scan is booked for next Monday at 2.30. She is going in the car with Keshi so at least she isn't leaving a trail round the village!!!! Her recall is beginning to improve a little now, half of it being the fact I am now getting time to train with her, and half of it being she is now in season so her senses are beginning to come together a little bit.
Had a great time on the field with them and the training sessions I am doing with Keshi are good, and Mabs is doing fine, but she isn't as good as Keshi at the moment, but I know that is my fault and I need to work on her.
Soooo ... then Lona and Cariad come up on the towpath with me, three quarters of the way down I see the husky coming towards us, Oh Booooger as Malka would say. Called girls quickly before THEY saw it, put lines on them, about turn (because she won't let you pass her) and she wasn't making any attempt to move out of the way like she expects me to. Went back the way I had came and headed up towards the country park, well she only keeps following me doesn't she, so one spoiled walk, it is dragging her along so they catch up with me as I am sauntering, keeping girlies on a line, and saying Walk On when they looked behind. Then of course Lona gets her line tangled up in some bushes, I am unravelling her, turn round and they are a few yards away husky really charging along now, I said just keep away from mine please, I turned round to avoid you and now you're following me..... got off the tow path as quick as I could and went home through the village. Got to say girls were brilliant, obeyed leave it command to yappy dogs belonging to silly women, large GSD that spends its life behind a gate only slightly bigger than he is and barks and jumps up and down, LOL its only taken me 7 years
Hope the plasterers have done a job up to your standard Helena, otherwise I can see them spending all day at yours.
Fantastic you got everything downstairs so quickly Lynn, a couple of tip trips will sort the garden, and we have a lovely forecast coming up, so's the garden will start to look something like as well.
How on earth can someone spend money on a private nursery when they are out of work, she must have a private income or something. Silly woman can't live in the private nursery can she, I was always taught to pay for the roof over your head, then your utilities and anything remaining was yours to spend on food to keep you alive to pay everything again the next month
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Malka, nothing for it but you'll have to build Pereg her own en-suite
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2013, 01:46 PM
You can't win Malka.
Oh no that stupid woman again why do they do it ?
Downstairs all tidy thank goodness its been a tip for the last couple of days. The office/junk room is another story.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Afternoon All ,

Malka - These dogs of ours don't have lead us a merry dance I too think an en-suite for Pereg is essential

Jenny - I hope Pepsi is OK this evening. How strange that she was sick again around the same time in the evening. I think you said the other night that it was undigested food? Rucksack has to have food little and often otherwise the acid in his tummy makes him sick up yellow watery liquid (bile) but that doesn't sound the same as Pepsi.

Pat - What a blooming cheek. Not paying you the rent but coughing up for private nursery. Maybe you could suggest that unless she pays you the rent, her darling precious princess not have a home to live in. How long is your son and d-i-l staying?

Gellygoo - I hope you got some of your ironing done - if you did and want more, I have plenty.

Mini - Your house is going to be immaculate what with all the spring cleaning. I STILL haven't started

June - Please keep Mabs away from Rucksack ..... you'd end up with a very strange looking litter .... actually it could be quite interesting. What did that stupid husky owner say when you asked her to keep her dog away from yours?

Helena - Most workmen aren't good time-keepers Glad you managed a nice walk in spite of the ball-crazy collies. Zena's been a very good girl hasn't she, what with all the upset recently to her home. Great news if the fencing does happen this afternoon - about blooming time. I never mind things being delayed if only they'd be honest and tell you from the start. I hope you get your well-earned nap this afternoon. Trouble is you'll possibly fall asleep and not wake up for 24 hours.

Lore - Hope your car passed the dreaded MOT and your bill was less than expected.

Emmis - Childcare suggestion - give them all dusters, hoover, mops and see who can make their room the cleanest.

No news from Jackie yet (unless I've missed it) but I hope Millie's X-rays went well.

I took the dogs out for a 1/2 hour walk before leaving them here to go and visit Mum. She was happy but talking complete b*ll*cks all the time. She was delighted to see me and we did have a laugh, but I don't think she had any idea what she was laughing about. I then went on to collect my brother from hospital. Poor devil has just had his 44th colonoscopy His consultant (who is about to retire) thinks he may want him back shortly for another one. He doesn't normally say that so my brother is fearing the worse. I presume if any of the biopsies are nasty he'll hear within the week. Back home here with him (he's now asleep and will probably sleep until early evening) to find my son had taken the dogs out for a 2 hour walk. That was music to my ears
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Charly and Ash left about 15 mins ago to visit the house. Julie who's house it is said when they get there she is going to go out and leave them to look round on their own so Charly doesn't feel pressured.
I really really hope she can see the positives and then that I can secure a job over there.
If it can all be done then Julie and I have said we will exchange during the summer holidays, when her daughter leaves primary school and Charly has finished her exams.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Glad you had a nice visit Jenny with your mum and your poor brother. I hope he feels better after his sleep.
Fingers crossed Bev.

I saw a bee earlier the garden.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Well picked up the car, got 250 to pay plus the car tax. Thank goodness the garage have said I can pay at the end of the month.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Ouch Lorraine
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I had a Volvo 480 and one of my MOT bills was $
£440 I loved that car so much, but in the end there was so much going wrong with it I had to let it go, but had fantastic times in it
Don't know what the woman with the husky said, I'm deaf so anyone can say anything they like about me, and I have no idea
To be quite honest when I first saw her I thought she was off work, but if she is home all day then she has time to do some training with it. I know you can't let them offlead, but some lead training would be a start. Not saying mine are little plaster saints, they aren't, but I have spent many years getting them to a stage where I can take them a walk and not be dragged about etc.
Aw Jenny, your mum sounds delightful, mine was nasty and got even nastier, so at least your mum is in happy mode for the majority of the time and it must make you feel better than if she was constantly sniping at you.
LOL can you imagine mini-Mabs's running around with Tibetan 'feather duster' accessories
When I was cleaning the yard and kennels I actually saw a couple of flies, and there was one in my bedroom last night, surely they must have been hibernating to be out this early.
Bev I really hope you can get this house move through, will make so much difference to your life in the long term.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »