View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2013, 11:16 AM
How kind of you to come on here and give us a detailed explanation. I feel very reassured and have renewed respect of TV dogs and their owners.

I don't think I ever thought anybody was being cruel to your little dog, I was more concerned about the image or symbolism of dressing up a dog, i.e humanising them - but that's my take, not everyone will agree.

What a wonderful working dog you have. I can't imagine any TV company would be willing to work with my part-demon, part staffie!

Sandy

Originally Posted by Lee1977 View Post
Hi everyone, Im actually the owner of the Go Compare Dog. I take on board all of your comments but feel that I must put forward a few facts. Ive always made it a point NEVER to reveal my dogs real name in case someone was to try and steal him, so for this reason I'll refer to him as GCD.
What some people do not realise is that if GCD did not want to work, then he wouldn't. If he was at all uncomfortable in his costume, he would not walk, he would not even stand. He would roll onto his back into the submissive position. What they also do not realise is that more safety is focused on the dog than any one else on that film set. Every film/TV set has a risk assessment carried out and those findings are printed onto the 'call sheet' that everyone involved in the production receives from the Production co-ordinator or 2nd Assistant Director the evening before filming takes place. All film sets with animals on site MUST by law have a vet also on site. Any animal on a film set MUST by law be given a veterinary inspection before filming takes place. After filming takes place, that vet then has to sign the production off to state that all filming involving the animal was carried out with his/her supervision and to a safe standard and that the animal was not placed in any distressing situation or harmed in any way. GCD not only had a vet 2 meters away from him during filming. He also had myself AND his trainer, whom I might add is a trained veterinary nurse and has been providing dogs for TV and film for years. What the sceptics also do not realise is that many other dogs in a not so *privileged position (*Homeless) will benefit from GCD's work, as every penny he earns is donated to an animal charity. His fee for this shoot will be donated to Cardiff Dog's home. GCD is one of the most happy, cared for and loved dogs on this planet.
GCD has been working in TV and film for about five years now. He enjoys it tremendously and has a far better life now than before I rescued him. He was only day away from being put to sleep after being found wandering on the side of the M40 in Oxfordshire.
Cruel to my dogs.....NEVER! I would die first and I would die for them with out a second thought.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Thank you for telling us about GCD hopefully you will have reassured anyone with reservations.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone, Im actually the owner of the Go Compare Dog. I take on board all of your comments but feel that I must put forward a few facts. Ive always made it a point NEVER to reveal my dogs real name in case someone was to try and steal him, so for this reason I'll refer to him as GCD.
What some people do not realise is that if GCD did not want to work, then he wouldn't. If he was at all uncomfortable in his costume, he would not walk, he would not even stand. He would roll onto his back into the submissive position. What they also do not realise is that more safety is focused on the dog than any one else on that film set. Every film/TV set has a risk assessment carried out and those findings are printed onto the 'call sheet' that everyone involved in the production receives from the Production co-ordinator or 2nd Assistant Director the evening before filming takes place. All film sets with animals on site MUST by law have a vet also on site. Any animal on a film set MUST by law be given a veterinary inspection before filming takes place. After filming takes place, that vet then has to sign the production off to state that all filming involving the animal was carried out with his/her supervision and to a safe standard and that the animal was not placed in any distressing situation or harmed in any way. GCD not only had a vet 2 meters away from him during filming. He also had myself AND his trainer, whom I might add is a trained veterinary nurse and has been providing dogs for TV and film for years. What the sceptics also do not realise is that many other dogs in a not so *privileged position (*Homeless) will benefit from GCD's work, as every penny he earns is donated to an animal charity. His fee for this shoot will be donated to Cardiff Dog's home. GCD is one of the most happy, cared for and loved dogs on this planet.
GCD has been working in TV and film for about five years now. He enjoys it tremendously and has a far better life now than before I rescued him. He was only day away from being put to sleep after being found wandering on the side of the M40 in Oxfordshire.
Cruel to my dogs.....NEVER! I would die first and I would die for them with out a second thought.
Welcome to Dogsey! I agree - now this is how a dog that does NOT want to be dressed up behaves ... rooted to the spot until you take it off!

Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Wow Lee!! That was fascinating.

GCD was indeed lucky, firstly in not being run over and secondly being given such a wonderful new start in life.

Tang, that is EXACTLY what Jimmi does!! He will move to be fair.........BACKWARDS
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Wow Lee!! That was fascinating.

GCD was indeed lucky, firstly in not being run over and secondly being given such a wonderful new start in life.

Tang, that is EXACTLY what Jimmi does!! He will move to be fair.........BACKWARDS

Oh I have this insane vision of Jimmi! Whereas Bella just acts like she's been SUPERGLUED to the tiles! All motion suspended - doesn't even blink!

*that particular jacket was quite pricey 20 odd quid - I even cut the sleeves off it thinking she might wear it if it did not touch her legs. No chance.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 03:06 PM
My dog got the job with Go compare purely because he can do 'sad' on command. In actual fact he is a bundle of joy and a very very happy little dog. As i type this he is in fact on the living room floor rolling around and playing with his sister. He really could not be more happy and since living with me he has NEVER been mistreated. On any of the TV/Film sets Ive been on with him I would instantly call a halt to any production if I thought for a second that GCD was distressed or unhappy. I sure that I would also have the back up of the on set vet and his my dogs trainer who is also a trained veterinary nurse. Im glad you liked the advert. My dog had great fun filming it
He has the sweetest face! I can imagine that you are one very proud owner.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Reading the story of GCD reminded me of the story of Uggie the dog who appears as Jean Dujardin's pet in the award winning movie 'The Artiste'.

I couldn't take my eyes off the dog for the whole length of the movie. Some said the dog should have won an award!

He too was a rescued dog adopted by an animal trainer to save him from the pound.

I haven't seen the GC ad.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Ha ha - that picture made me laugh - the look on her face! We can but try. Sad to say I don't think Bella will be invited to appear in any commercials any time soon. x

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Welcome to Dogsey! I agree - now this is how a dog that does NOT want to be dressed up behaves ... rooted to the spot until you take it off!

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 03:52 PM

Can't stop laughing, Bella looks so funny!!Maybe she would have preferred it in pink
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 08:13 PM

Oh I have this insane vision of Jimmi! Whereas Bella just acts like she's been SUPERGLUED to the tiles! All motion suspended - doesn't even blink!

*that particular jacket was quite pricey 20 odd quid - I even cut the sleeves off it thinking she might wear it if it did not touch her legs. No chance.

I tried three versions for Jimmi, all with the same result I too cut sleeves off; hacked off the padded neck bit, AND cut down the between the front legs bit. Nothing made a scrap of difference The last one I bought was an Equafleece and he actually wore it without any fuss whatsoever...............last year. Not so this year
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >