Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Hello.

I really hardly ever post on dogsey any more bad.
Hope you're all good.

Giving blood today! Very nervous haha.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Hello.

Hope you're all good.

Morning. Good luck with the giving of blood.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS
Hello.

Hope you're all good.

You are not bad if you are giving blood! You are a GOOD person to give blood! Hope they still dish out tea and bikkies afterwards!

Things are looking up. George the handman has gone off with loads of euros to purchase wood to raise one armchair and my ortho bed for Martin. What with the free lift I've now been offered to get him from airport in nice high People Carrier Opel. All falling into place.

George said he could just make some 'steps' to get up onto the Pool Table for Martin to lie on that!

*it's going outside on Thursday! I was thinking how nice it would look in the middle of the swimming pool downstairs?

A sort of luxury diving platform?
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 12:03 PM
I hope they are giving out tea and biccies, it's freezing here, you need all the hot drinks and carbs you can get!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Afternoon

It's good to hear Gorden has some more irons in the fire. I hope something works out soon.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I've just been to see my family and we're going for something to eat with the children after school. I had some nice surprises this morning (including my comfy slippers the other day) but we didn't have time to do much before school so we can wait until later after we get back. Steve and I are having an adult meal out on Friday.

Loki made a huge fuss of me today, trying to lick my face everytime I bent down.

Hope all is okay with everyone today.
xxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning lynn and all,
Ash cooked a lovely meal last night and also done all the washing up. Charly has got a good one there thats for sure.
I stopped Lilys painkillers so she had none yesterday and she managed her little walks round the block without any limping so I took her a bit further this morning and she semed absolutly fine so I think she had either strained something or trapped a nerve where the vet found her a bit tender along where her spine joins her pelvis. She said that can sometimes cause the type of pain and lameness Lily had.
Heard from Charly last night and she said she was enjoying the trip but was very tired so having an early night. Ash said he had spoken to her and apparently they had lost one of the uni students and didn't know if she had got left behind at a stop on the way somewhere as nobody had seen her for sometime .
Take care all and keep warm.
Great news about Lily - long may it last What a 'catch' Ash is for Charly - he sounds like the perfect husband to be. I hope the missing student turns up.

Lynn - There you were thinking that car wasn't going to turn up Just think that hopefully in 6 weeks or so that car should have no effect on Dillon as his hormone levels will have plummeted

Moet - Peace of mind for you regarding your job. What a relief

Chris - I hope dearl little Rosie hasn't been sick again and is non the worse for her sickness this morning.

Gellygoo - Cooked white and brown rice is a good food source and quoted as being 'beneficial' for birds on the RSB website.

EmmiS - nice to see you back.

Malka - great news that the swelling is subsiding

Walked the dogs this morning before going over to visit Mum. My brother turned up as well which is always nice and makes the visit easier. She was as happy as larry but we didn't have one conversation that made sense. She obviously thought they did so we just smiled and said things like 'Oh yes we totally agree', or 'isn't that amazing' etc etc. I'll drop in to her on Sunday morning with an egg.

Having left a tidy kitchen with clear work surfaces before I left, I came back to a bl**dy mess. Plates, cups, the opened mail, crumbs, jam with no lid on etc etc and my OH sitting reading the paper with the TV on. He did say 'Did you have a lovely time?' ........ as though I'd been to some party or something and not visiting my Mum with advanced dementia. Apparently he doesn't want to lay the utility flooring today now ....... suits me fine. More housework for me, some ironing and then a walk with the doglets.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Lynn - the day you pay your mortgage off is a very happy day indeed! When it actually happens it's even better than you imagined it would feel. Esp. if you have no other outstanding debts and loans. Wonderful feeling of freedom. Good luck with your plans.

Not sure whether to spend a few hours working or get the place tidied up. Work I s'pose as I am always putting that off. Didn't have to walk Bella very far today as the owner of the next block was cleaning his pool and called me in to chat. Bella was going NUTS chasing him round with his long broom thingy and he was flicking her and she was almost falling in trying to drink from the hose. She was sweating and panting by the time we left - so it was a quick 2 blocks with her for her pees and a poo and home and she's been zonked since!

I need HELENA here with her super organisational powers today. she would no doubt manage it so that the old gas fire was taken down for the needy. The bookshelves moved to another location. The curtain wires up at the other windows. And the bits of wood sawed up and put in place under bed and chairs - and all before afternoon tea!
LOL, As you can imagine though Pat, I'm faaaar too busy here and anyways, I couldn't afford that extortionate air fair, unless you'd offer to pay it of course, when things have quietened down here, I quite fancy a trip somewhere hot!!!

Just like Malka, I've read through the whole thread, and now I can't remember without picking everyone out in a quote who said what

One things springs to mind, is you Chris, I'm so, so sorry to hear Rosie was sick today and didn't want her breakfast, and to me, it really does sound like she goes through very similar to Zena. I can go weeks on end, and then back it comes, so it could well be that IBS. Good luck with your little baby girl.

Lynn, you sound so much more positive, that's so good to see, it's leaping out at me from the page.

Had one heck of a morning. I met a lady with a little staffie zoooooooming along so I joined her for a chat, I think she was New Zealand going on her accent. She pointed me in the direction of this new walk, and how I go about walking all the way down the side of the cliff edge and along the woodland, blah, blah, blah, so I took a left turn half way along the track we did yesterday. Blooming 'eck, it went down, and down and down, then levelled out, and when I turned back up to look at how far I had walked and the thought that'd either way I did this I was gonna have one heck of a climb back UP, I decided to turn around. It was a lovely, lovely track, all dry, no mud, the woods on my right, and I had come across some green, grassy fields (again no mud) to get to it. I then went into the quarry after I regained my breath, and when I got back to the car I couldn't believe I'd been out for an hour and a half, solid walking UPhills!!! I was cream crackered and so was Zena

Went off to Asda, got some cheap kitchen bits for the new van.

Then I went to Dunelms cos I wanted a couple of stackers. Decided to look upstairs for some other bits that Asda didn't have, so spent a good half hour in there, came back down, chucked them in the stackers and then decided to look at the cushions for the lounge and the rugs. So I dumped these two stackers full of bits on top of the big pile of doormats they had, out of the way, and I was probably gone all of 20 mins, came back and they'd gone I did my nut at this stoopid girl who had pushed me out of the way earlier to re-arrange some throws on the shelves, muttering to herself that they were in the wrong place, but excuse me, I'm a customer LOOKING at them aren't I???? So I knew it had to be HER that had moved my bdooly stackers! I ranted at the other girl but quietly, saying I had spent an hour upstairs buying some kitchen items, only to find they'd all been "tidied up" when left on the pile of rugs, and I had to spend a further 5 mins looking for them to no avail, so I go home empty handed She was apologetic and understood. I then told her that when I bought a big table in there and had taken the trouble to hoik it up INTO my trolley and leave the trolley in a corner whilst I looked at some curtains, within 10 mins that too had gone!!!! So I had to do the same procedure all over again to buy my telephone table last week and now I had it all over again!!!! She knew I was NOT happy, and I feel an e-mail to head office coming on 'ere

Came home, house in a tip, had to clean that, then I get bookings coming in for the 2nd van, I'm not organised with my wall chart yet for that one, so it'll probably all go pete tong with that until it arrives. It should have been here by now I ordered it online Sat down to lunch, Zena goes ballistic cos the telly has arrived

I'm off to bed!!! Can you understand WHY I need that nanny nap now!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
...[snip]...
Malka - great news that the swelling is subsiding
Too right - I do not object to the face-painting or the devil's horn on the side of my forehead, but at least I can get my spectacles on properly now so I can see what I am doing. I was trying to de-core and de-seed a couple of sweet peppers for the Booger yesterday and could not see what I was doing - took me ages and I will no doubt be finding seeds all over the place for the next couple of weeks!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Afternoon all. What a palaver in Dunelms Helena. I use a trolley & go upstairs in the lift if I need something from up there. They shouldn't have shifted your stuff like that though.
Hope Gorden gets some positive news about the jobs he's applying for. There has to be one out there for him somewhere especially as your willing to move to the area.
Yes the pool table would look good in the "pool" Pat. A nice sunbathing area away from everybody.
Hubby went to a funeral this morning. The woman was abt 93 & was his ex's aunt. He was told the burial was at 10-30 in the cemetery. She was a devout Catholic & I presume there was a service in church first. Anyway he got there at 10.15 & stood hanging around till 11.30 & no sign of anybody coming so he came home again. I'm presuming that the church service started at 10.30 & the burial was much later but he'd been given the wrong timings. He's not very happy that it was a wasted morning. He only went to show his respect though & didn't really want to see the family
I've got soggy slippers I was teaching Taffy to bring them to me this morning. He did very well but the fur is covered in slaver now
I think I'll go mad & do my ironing now instead of it hanging about till another day. Don't all rush at once adding yours to the pile will you.

You are sounding a bit better now Malka. Glad you can get your glasses on again
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Too right - I do not object to the face-painting or the devil's horn on the side of my forehead, but at least I can get my spectacles on properly now so I can see what I am doing. I was trying to de-core and de-seed a couple of sweet peppers for the Booger yesterday and could not see what I was doing - took me ages and I will no doubt be finding seeds all over the place for the next couple of weeks!
I shouldn't laugh as I know it has been very painful for you, but you do have a way with words and it made me laugh describing the side of your head and trying to decore those peppers - I need reading glasses now and if I forget them and try and read something I have to hold whatever it is at arms length ..... not nice getting older.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »