View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2013, 10:30 AM

Lights out at 12.30am. Dog up at 2.30am. Back to bed. Me up to pill her 7am. Back to bed. Woken up by phone ringing at...

...noon!

So I think I need a couple of litres of strong black coffee to wake up before I can ketchup!

Hope everyone is OK - back once I am awake!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Morning all,

Helena, make sure Dave goes to the doc, don't want any possible damage getting worse.

I have a very confused Dougal this morning, I'm washing the covers for my couches and have taken the cushions off the couch he normally lies on. He is not a happy doglet.

Today is mostly study. I have reading to catch up with and an assignment to start.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Morning everyone again

Thanks for the sympathy on the Dave front, he's much better since he's walked and is walking around the house, but I don't know how he'll be once he sits back in that chair, or goes to bed tonight cos he said that's when the pain is bad.

thanks for reminding me about the walk in centres, we have one down the Town, might pop in there tomorrow, OR, our own doctor has a walk in surgery in the morning, so either way, I'll drag him into one of them.

We had a lovely walk along the beach, the tide was way out, so Zena had a good run around chasing her ball, and then flopping down in all the big rock pools she found on the way. We met the norty red setter who always comes over to grab her ball off her, but she was hanging on to it tight, and I had the rope but it wouldn't give up, and then she gently growled at it to tell it to s*d off, but nothing nasty, and she had every right to do that lol.

Jenny, I'm going to pm you and ask if you have any tips for Dave's back, cos he just cannot seem to find anything that relieves it once it starts!

I've just delivered my big cake to the neighbours that I bought in the little farms shop yesterday and they were all well happy with it, but they couldn't eat it now cos they're off to church, so they're saving it for later. This was for their lovely boys clearing my steps last week-end of snow.

Roast beef for lunch, and proper potatoes that I bought in the farm shop yesterday, so let's hope they fluff up on the inside and get crispy on the outside, cos these supermarket spuds are really strange atm I'm finding, they're so watery I like floury I don't like watery spuds and as you know, I do like my spuds!

Well that's it for me, I hope you're all having a lovely, relaxing Sunday and enjoying a nice walk in the sunshine with the dogelts like we had, but now it looks like it might rain
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Lynn,morning all

Damp here but the sun has just come out so washing is out on the line.

Watched the F1 qualifying last night and was up at 5.30 this morning to watch the race so feeling a little tired.
Lizzie has a cold,Tom still has the flu and is very up and down,also has a nasty cough.

Chicken in the oven and veg done,trying to get through the mountain of washing which has built up again

Going to have one of Helena's power naps later me thinks

Helena Hope Dave's back right's itself x
For those not feeling well get better soon x

Have a good day all x
Afternoon Sal. Good luck with all the washing and hope the invalids soon feel better and you manage some rest yourself soon.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Lights out at 12.30am. Dog up at 2.30am. Back to bed. Me up to pill her 7am. Back to bed. Woken up by phone ringing at...

...noon!

So I think I need a couple of litres of strong black coffee to wake up before I can ketchup!

Hope everyone is OK - back once I am awake!
Afternoon Malka strong coffee winging its way to you.

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Helena, make sure Dave goes to the doc, don't want any possible damage getting worse.

I have a very confused Dougal this morning, I'm washing the covers for my couches and have taken the cushions off the couch he normally lies on. He is not a happy doglet.

Today is mostly study. I have reading to catch up with and an assignment to start.
Afternoon Lorraine good luck with the assignment.

I hope Dave continues to improve Helena.
Glad you enjoyed your walk I hope those tatties live up to your expectations.
Your neighbours will enjoy the cake when they arrive home.
You might get invited in for a slice.

Having a coffee break I am in the middle of doing the bathroom giving it a good clean.
Also just saved a few pounds on a tin of paint Gorden thought we needed to paint the dado rail I have gone round with a damp cloth and walla no paint needed.
Hoping the skirting will be as easy.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Happy St Patrick's day .

Rotten, rainy day so we're holed up with lots of colouring for the children but I'm getting Carys to do her school work too.

Steve is busy trying to make a box for the letterbox to stop Loki destroying the post. We had a barrier going across the door but he chewed it, so we've been using a make-shift metal one since but it's too heavy to be of any real use - plus it's destroyed the flooring.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2013, 12:44 PM
When I had my lovely (and expensive) new front door put on a couple of years ago with a porch, I didn't want them to saw a hole in it for a letter box and I bought one of those cast iron ones that goes on the wall outside, I have since managed to lose one of the keys, but still got one at least. Maybe that would be an idea to stop Loki destroying the post
Dry here still, getting ready to take Ash training, have had a stunning piccie of one of Lona's daughters from her Dirty Dozen litter (Jubilee Princess) text over to me, so have somehow got it into the album on my phone and will download it when I get back from training and put it up, she looks amazing, but soooo like her brothers Taran (Desert Storm) and Okomi (Crimson Storm) and one of her other sisters Sianna (Priness of Avalon)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Happy St Patrick's day .

Rotten, rainy day so we're holed up with lots of colouring for the children but I'm getting Carys to do her school work too.

Steve is busy trying to make a box for the letterbox to stop Loki destroying the post. We had a barrier going across the door but he chewed it, so we've been using a make-shift metal one since but it's too heavy to be of any real use - plus it's destroyed the flooring.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.
Morning Linda. We have an outside letter box on the wall and it works really well. Our front door is a stable door and we just open the top and lean out to get the post.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
When I had my lovely (and expensive) new front door put on a couple of years ago with a porch, I didn't want them to saw a hole in it for a letter box and I bought one of those cast iron ones that goes on the wall outside, I have since managed to lose one of the keys, but still got one at least. Maybe that would be an idea to stop Loki destroying the post
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Linda. We have an outside letter box on the wall and it works really well. Our front door is a stable door and we just open the top and lean out to get the post.
It's a great idea - the only worry I'd have is if anyone tried to break into it. How likely is that?

Also, if it got to full if we were on holiday, although I guess you can always seal it then and the postie would use the letterbox?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Maybe ask a neighbour to empty it for you?? My back door is a half stable door and it is really handy. Just lifted Ash up and put him outside with the others without having to open the door and have the Charge of The Light Brigade come through!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Late good morning all. Partook of a glass of guinness with my only sort of 'brit' neighbour as he wanted to raise a glass on St Patrick's Day (he is Aussie - I am a Murphy and I hadn't even realised it WAS Paddy day!)

Needless to say I am not chuffed about the bank robbing my account. But I've trained myself well over the years not to get too stressed about things I can do nothing at all about, can't influence them and can't change them. This is one of those.

Couldn't stop myself worrying when my son was in hospital (understandably) nor when little Harvey had cancer. But I've been fleeced by the UK Banks, by financial advisors, by useless investments and now it's the turn of the Bank of Cyprus to rob me!

All Banks are closed island wide and are staying closed until Thursday - no transfers are allowed (even internal) etc.

Those queueing at ATMs are nuts in my view. They will make this levy retrospective to the date it was agreed on. There's no way I'd go queue at an ATM or even the Bank when they do open. Bad enough without wasting my time doing that.

I heard there was a news clip of one of the farmers driving his tractor right up to the bank doors to demand his money! I'd have liked to have seen that and if there is any sort of protest involving farm machinery, truckloads of goats and sheeps or whatever I would bother to go and watch that!

Especially as they have cancelled the Larnaca Carnival this year, saying they will give the money saved to the poor and needy instead (no detail mind you, no amounts and no mention of who exactly these 'poor and needy' will be!)

Hey ho. At least the sun is shining. And I had got a fair way round painting the spare room walls before neighbour knocked and then No1 son came on Skype.

If you want to keep your money safe - just ask ME what I am intending to do at any given time with my money and then DO EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE that should work OK!
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »