Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Like a summer day here too and it's not minus 2deg!
Larnaca, Cyprus
Tuesday 13:00
Clear
24°C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 53%
Wind: 13 mph

Dunno how I put up with it!
Blummin' sharav here.

Temperature:33 °C
Comfort Level:
31 °C
Dew point:
4 °C
Pressure:
1012 millibars
Humidity:16%
Visibility:
16 km
Wind:

22 km/h from 200° South-southwest
Last update:Tue 12:20 IST

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone, stay safe and warm whatever you do. It's not nice out there.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2013, 11:23 AM
I think I'll pack me and the furries over to you Malka until we get some warmer weather over here
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Lol, already thought of that June, they're on their way and the council are going to pay me handsomely They're probably doing a far better job than their council gritter men

Blimey grandma is it reeeeeeally 33 deg where you are then Start blowing then, we need some of that over here to melt this white stuff
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Good for you Helena, Lona needs to shift some of that weight still
Well things have been quite er...interesting...here...went into one of my accounts to pay something I had forgotten to do and saw a payment, made today to Global Personals...never heard of them, rang the bank and it was made on Sunday, well never paid anything with that card on Sunday. Checked it out and Global Personals is a flaming Online Dating Agency
Back onto the bank and have stopped that particular card and just finished talking to the fraud department, it is only £19.95, but I have heard about this, they do a test transaction then get down to the big stuff, they would have been sadly disappointed though, never keep much in my current accounts (not that there's much to keep these days ) no idea how they got my details because I am very careful about where I use my card and even which cash machines I use, and they have still managed it. Well they won't be doing now of course!!!!
Got to wait 10 days they said for a new one and new pin details, but I can still do my online stuff so can transfer money onto another card (the dogs account) if need be.
I deserve a break here, talk about it never rains but it pours
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 12:33 PM
I have had a similar experience in the past TW. More of that later. Right now - wish me luck - in about one hour's time I have to try my best to be TACTFUL. I have a cousin of the apartment owner coming over to talk about what needs painting. Well I want to say simply 'I don't want whoever painted it last time to do it this time' and then waltz them round to point out black paint on the white walls, white paint on the black bits, splatter on the backs of all doors, lock fascias painted over. No insides of cupboard doors painted at all etc.

But I have the distinct feeling I might be talking to the person who painted it last time!

*oh, and no one will be surprised to hear that I am still the not very proud possessor of a pool table in my living room!

Will be putting a memory foam mattress on it at this rate for extra sleeping accom!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2013, 12:51 PM
mmmm bite your tongue time or what and how are you going to tell him that IF it was HIM, then can he get someone else to do it this time
We've got up to the dizzy height of 4 degrees here now, the wind is cutting, off on the bone run next.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good Morning Everyone, stay safe and warm whatever you do. It's not nice out there.
Afternoon Labrador Lover, hope you too can stay warm and safe in this awful weather.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I think I'll pack me and the furries over to you Malka until we get some warmer weather over here
I'm coming too, so shove over

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Good for you Helena, Lona needs to shift some of that weight still
Well things have been quite er...interesting...here...went into one of my accounts to pay something I had forgotten to do and saw a payment, made today to Global Personals...never heard of them, rang the bank and it was made on Sunday, well never paid anything with that card on Sunday. Checked it out and Global Personals is a flaming Online Dating Agency
Back onto the bank and have stopped that particular card and just finished talking to the fraud department, it is only £19.95, but I have heard about this, they do a test transaction then get down to the big stuff, they would have been sadly disappointed though, never keep much in my current accounts (not that there's much to keep these days ) no idea how they got my details because I am very careful about where I use my card and even which cash machines I use, and they have still managed it. Well they won't be doing now of course!!!!
Got to wait 10 days they said for a new one and new pin details, but I can still do my online stuff so can transfer money onto another card (the dogs account) if need be.
I deserve a break here, talk about it never rains but it pours
Oh June, what a nightmare you're living through there Talk about never rains but it pours huh? I had that once, but with TWO credit cards at the same time and just as we were about to move house last year! One card they knocked up £7K on!!! Thankfully, when I opened the statement I knew immediately that I hadn't gone that mad with the plastic, so I rang the fraud people. Then something made me ring the other card just in case, although I didn't know at the time, but that was the same! They were paying council tax and mobile phone bills with my cards, how very odd, cos the fraud woman said they could trace them easily with them doing that. I have never used a cash machine with either of these cards, but she did say, that if I used both cards on the same website for making a purchase, then that would explain it, cos they hack into these sites and pinch all of our details, and like you say, test the water to see how much credit we've got left! At least yours was a small amount, but if I were you, I'd ring any other cards you have just to double check like I did and hope you don't get an even bigger surprise You poor old thing, why can't things get better for you.xxxxx

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I have had a similar experience in the past TW. More of that later. Right now - wish me luck - in about one hour's time I have to try my best to be TACTFUL. I have a cousin of the apartment owner coming over to talk about what needs painting. Well I want to say simply 'I don't want whoever painted it last time to do it this time' and then waltz them round to point out black paint on the white walls, white paint on the black bits, splatter on the backs of all doors, lock fascias painted over. No insides of cupboard doors painted at all etc.

But I have the distinct feeling I might be talking to the person who painted it last time!

*oh, and no one will be surprised to hear that I am still the not very proud possessor of a pool table in my living room!

Will be putting a memory foam mattress on it at this rate for extra sleeping accom!
Oh Pat!!!! I did that once to a guy who fitted a carpet, and it turned out he WAS the guy who fitted the rubbish one in another room!!! Sooooo embarrassing but I managed to dig me way out of it! You'll have to enquire with this man if he did the previous job, just come straight out with it, and then you can slate off the other guy if he says he's never been near your place can't you!

Well, somehow we knew that pool table would end up giving you grief! Good luck with that.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 01:14 PM
You need to charge the pool table rent, I bet it would soon be shifted then!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2013, 01:20 PM
The dog's card is with the same bank and I had their account in front of me, I only use it for the vets and their food/shavings and stuff like that, very very rarely on the internet if at all because I use paypal whenever I can and that is linked to the other card.
I do have a card on my building society account but that isn't one that can be used for paying anything, you can draw money out with it, end of.
Credit card is on its knees due to the babies vets bills, and again never use it for anything really as am trying to pay it off (famous last words).
£7k I can just imagine opening THAT statement, well actually I can't because I would've passed out
Off on the bone run.
Send all the Norties home when you've finished with them there please and remember to send Harvey's girls off on the next ferry (if they're sailing that is) Jimmi is coming with my girlies and they're dropping him off on the way up, if they can get him to stay awake long enough that is
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »