Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning everyone
No lie in here - thanks to Loki and his whining and pacing around from 6 am!
We're off soon for his walk but I hope he's not going to go all Princess Prissy Paws on me again like yesterday - he was so determined not to get his delicate little tootsies muddy by going through the gate with me, he went between the barbed wire fence instead and left a pile of fur behind! Then he had the audacity to rumble at me when I was checking for any cuts.
I hope everyone has a lovely day today, even if it's really cold again like it is here.
xxx
Your post did make me smile - my last little dog refused to walk through puddles or mud and if it was raining would sit on the doorstep and refuse to move. One day she stopped dead and held a front leg up, thinking it might just be a stone I rubbed my hand under her paw only to find she had trodden in dog poo resulting in me getting it all over my hand Unlike my two dogs now who seem to go out of the way to trudge through mud, puddles, horsepoo etc etc. This morning I was on the top field and they both grabbed some fresh horse poo. I came back from shopping to find one of them had been sick Not very nice for our house guest!!

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Helena,morning all,
Tom has had one of his I'm not going to co-operate morning's,after I told him to sort out his pig sty aka as his bedroom and threw a biscuit across the landing which hit the window and broke everywhere,he has since cleaned it up after I terminated the power supply to his bedroom and he's apologised
And Luke has been doing his nut about the bus timetable for tomorrow,he has college first thing then has to go and sign on at the jobcentre and he will have to wait about for an hour here and there for his bus
Have a good day all x
Not sure how old your boys are, but I remember only too well what it was like Fortunately they do grow out of it. Mine are 24 and 26 and are lovely now and very caring towards me ....... they probably look on me as an old woman.

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning all. It's cold here as well.it was trying to snow earlier but changed its mind. You will need those warm trousers & boots TW. It will be cold stood in a field mind you yesterday I got all wrapped up as normal & ended up taking my hat & scarf off as I got too warm.
I've just spent an hour cleaning some open shelves in the kitchen. You know the ones where everything that doesn't have a home goes. I've ended up with a bin bag of rubbish & sorted stuff into boxes. There's still no more room so I don't know where the rubbish has come from.
Well done and isn't it nice when you've had a de-clutter. Unfortunately what use to be one 'clutter' drawer in the house has turned into nearly every drawer.

Malka - you're allowed to ignore us I hope you are feeling better today.

June - I adore Keshi, but then she has been my favourite all along. I can't believe how she has grown so much and doesn't really look like a baby any more What a stunner though and keep the photos coming. I hope Ash enjoys his puppy class and you don't freeze.

Helena - I know what you mean about 'face-freeze'. I took my two on to the top field and they had a wonderful time racing around ....... and eating horse-poo One of them was sick on our hall carpet which wasn't very nice for our Aussie guest as he isn't a doggy person ..... to add insult to injury it smelt of horse-****

We're having roast lamb tonight - I would much rather have it at lunch time but the family moaned that it ruined Sunday afternoon as all they wanted to do was sleep after a big meal.

I'll try and drop in later, but only could now as OH has taken Keith out in the old open-top car for a drive.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Jenny, how gross! I just winced at the thought of your poo covered hand!

I've done nowt but dishes, fed grump pants Jack and studied from the comfort of my bed. I've looked at the ironing pile...surely that counts back to the books this afternoon, I'll iron clothes for Davie, that's all I'm planning.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Tang - Keshi is a girlie
Back from training with Ash, who has gathered even more fans today - he is so amenable and willing to do what I want - so rare in a girlie Utonagan
Off out to get some wellies that are longer than the cheapo ones I bought the other day. I cannot be doing with wellies that flap around my shins
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post

Well done and isn't it nice when you've had a de-clutter. Unfortunately what use to be one 'clutter' drawer in the house has turned into nearly every drawer. ::
The drawers in the kitchen are next on the list - eventually along with a cabinet in the dining room. Lord knows where all the clutter comes from. I have a fight every time I open any of them
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it
I'VE DONE IT! And I ain't doing ANY MORE work online today.

Took a break from it and took Bella out again instead of just down for a pee. Is such a lovely day.

I was hoping to rope in some strong young men to help dismantle my huge heavy bed today as Sabby the Romanian guy who is moving in here had a birthday party last night and they all stayed over. Alas I think they are all still dead in their beds - it's very quiet down there!

It's not that I am still putting off packing stuff but I had the brainwave of washing all the quilts and things that haven't been used for a long time (even though they were put away clean!) Such a lovely drying day!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Noooo. course you're not putting off packing stuff - what day are you moving, because the rate you're going its going to be a case of you being up all night packing to move....
Come home wellyless...have found a pair on ebay, but was hoping for something cheaper to get me through the next couple of months, but nothing that's a decent height, will have to go with the ones on ebay, not that keen on them, but they are the only ones I can find that are the right height for me to go on the river with the girls in.
Hope Loki is being less of a pain today Linda and you get a nice walk with him and he forgets to be grumpy and whingy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Afternoon all we had a walk along the old disused railway line in Takeley today my was it cold.
Mark our eldest son and his son Joel who will be 11 8th March have just left.
Dillon was much better. Bit of a pain with wanting to lurrrrvvvve them a bit to much but with some management it all went well.
I do believe when those furry plums are off and the testosterone is non existent he will be fine.

Pat i'm pretty confused too so no wonder you are.

Hope everyone feeling poorly hooman and doggie are feeling better soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Your post did make me smile - my last little dog refused to walk through puddles or mud and if it was raining would sit on the doorstep and refuse to move. One day she stopped dead and held a front leg up, thinking it might just be a stone I rubbed my hand under her paw only to find she had trodden in dog poo resulting in me getting it all over my hand Unlike my two dogs now who seem to go out of the way to trudge through mud, puddles, horsepoo etc etc. This morning I was on the top field and they both grabbed some fresh horse poo. I came back from shopping to find one of them had been sick Not very nice for our house guest!!

Not sure how old your boys are, but I remember only too well what it was like Fortunately they do grow out of it. Mine are 24 and 26 and are lovely now and very caring towards me ....... they probably look on me as an old woman.

Well done and isn't it nice when you've had a de-clutter. Unfortunately what use to be one 'clutter' drawer in the house has turned into nearly every drawer.

Malka - you're allowed to ignore us I hope you are feeling better today.

June - I adore Keshi, but then she has been my favourite all along. I can't believe how she has grown so much and doesn't really look like a baby any more What a stunner though and keep the photos coming. I hope Ash enjoys his puppy class and you don't freeze.

Helena - I know what you mean about 'face-freeze'. I took my two on to the top field and they had a wonderful time racing around ....... and eating horse-poo One of them was sick on our hall carpet which wasn't very nice for our Aussie guest as he isn't a doggy person ..... to add insult to injury it smelt of horse-****

We're having roast lamb tonight - I would much rather have it at lunch time but the family moaned that it ruined Sunday afternoon as all they wanted to do was sleep after a big meal.

I'll try and drop in later, but only could now as OH has taken Keith out in the old open-top car for a drive.
Hi Jenny, and lol, sounds like you've gone from one extreme to the other with those dogs of yours! Eeeeuuuuw to your hand wiping that paw of hers If Zena's ball lands anywhere NEAR a dog poop, even the teeniest amount, she won't go near it, she looks at me as if to say "you can pick that up mum and please wipe it on your glove before giving it back to me" her face is a picture as she runs around it, talk about looking down your nose at something Enjoy your roast lamb and just like you, I'd much rather do it lunchtime than face all that in the evening.

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Jenny, how gross! I just winced at the thought of your poo covered hand!

I've done nowt but dishes, fed grump pants Jack and studied from the comfort of my bed. I've looked at the ironing pile...surely that counts back to the books this afternoon, I'll iron clothes for Davie, that's all I'm planning.
Hi again Lorraine, hope you're enjoying that do nothing day today, but looking at the ironing isn't allowed when you're having one of those, nor is studying. I thought you said you were going to watch dvd's?? See, I just knew it!!!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Tang - Keshi is a girlie
Back from training with Ash, who has gathered even more fans today - he is so amenable and willing to do what I want - so rare in a girlie Utonagan
Off out to get some wellies that are longer than the cheapo ones I bought the other day. I cannot be doing with wellies that flap around my shins
Awwww Keshi is adorable but blooming 'eck June hasn't she grown, she must be the biggest of the litter surely??? Loving her tufty head and ears there So pleased to hear Ash enjoyed his little training session and somehow I just knew he would be a really good boy for you, bless his little heart, I really, really am going to miss my boy Thankyou, yes, I spotted that lovely pic first thing this morning when I skipped through yesterday's thread, and when you said about his coat, I think that is the main reason I fell for this little guy in the first place. Re those wellies, did you see what I said about the B&Q ones I bought in navy blue? They come right up to my knees and are fitted, they're tight like Hunters, not those flappy cheap type? £20 those are!

The drawers in the kitchen are next on the list - eventually along with a cabinet in the dining room. Lord knows where all the clutter comes from. I have a fight every time I open any of them
Hi Taffsmum, You'll feel so much better when you sit down knowing everything around you is in order and where it should be. It's just getting round to doing it that's the problem, but once it's done, you can leave it for another year

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it I've done it
I'VE DONE IT! And I ain't doing ANY MORE work online today.

Took a break from it and took Bella out again instead of just down for a pee. Is such a lovely day.

I was hoping to rope in some strong young men to help dismantle my huge heavy bed today as Sabby the Romanian guy who is moving in here had a birthday party last night and they all stayed over. Alas I think they are all still dead in their beds - it's very quiet down there!

It's not that I am still putting off packing stuff but I had the brainwave of washing all the quilts and things that haven't been used for a long time (even though they were put away clean!) Such a lovely drying day!
Hi Pat, glad you saw sense there and got yourself out in the glorious sunshine instead of sitting at the puter working, but you know what still needs doing dontcha

Noooo. course you're not putting off packing stuff - what day are you moving, because the rate you're going its going to be a case of you being up all night packing to move....
Come home wellyless...have found a pair on ebay, but was hoping for something cheaper to get me through the next couple of months, but nothing that's a decent height, will have to go with the ones on ebay, not that keen on them, but they are the only ones I can find that are the right height for me to go on the river with the girls in.
Hope Loki is being less of a pain today Linda and you get a nice walk with him and he forgets to be grumpy and whingy
See my post above about those wellies June, I'm sure they'd be just what you're looking for.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon all we had a walk along the old disused railway line in Takeley today my was it cold.
Mark our eldest son and his son Joel who will be 11 8th March have just left.
Dillon was much better. Bit of a pain with wanting to lurrrrvvvve them a bit to much but with some management it all went well.
I do believe when those furry plums are off and the testosterone is non existent he will be fine.

Pat i'm pretty confused too so no wonder you are.

Hope everyone feeling poorly hooman and doggie are feeling better soon.
Hi Lynn, yes, shame it's so darn cold out there cos no matter what walk you do, you can't really enjoy it when you're dressed up like michelin man waiting for it to end so you can get back home in the warm. Roll on summer hey, but of course, then it'll be too darn hot!

Had an absolute nightmare with AOL this afternoon and my e-mails, grrrrrr. Somehow somebody has hacked into my e-mail account and sent 55 e-mails to people with a dodgy link. How that happened I have no idea, because I'm not daft, I know a dodgy e-mail when I see it and would never, ever click on a link in one of those. My pc bod friend of Dave's said it was probably a site I went onto that got hacked into, cos I don't have a virus, I've done a full scan, but he told me to change my AOL password and everything would be ok.

What I need to do next is to send an e-mail to all my friends to warn them, but I'm not sure how to send one e-mail to everybody? Anyone know please or I shall put up a thread in the puter bit.

Driven me mad trying to change my password, because of course, the hackers had somehow done something which meant I couldn't access the page I needed on AOL, it just went all haywire everytime and then a big notice from AOL saying it had broken and they were on the case!

Oh lordy, I hope this doesn't mean I have to check my bank accounts which I do online although I never do them via AOL, I always use the in private browsing on IE? I feel all zapped out now and haven't had a nanny nap either!!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I too have no idea where it all comes from (mystery) . Some of my problem is that being only 5' 1" I have been known to throw something into a top cupboard and slam the door closed, only for the offending item to fall out on the next person who opens the cupboard.

Have you not got a pair of old rubber riding boots as they are nice and high, the only problem being there isn't much grip on the bottom of them. So pleased that Ash was such a star again at training When are you gong to introduce Keshi to puppy class?

Lynn - you walk along the old railway line sounded lovely ..... nice and flat I bet Dillon would be wincing if he knew about your frequent mention of his furry plums and what is planned for them.

I had another quick walk with the boys this afternoon but it really was so cold with snow flurries that it really wasn't very pleasant ..... for me anyway.

I'm waiting for a new dog-games padded harness to arrive for Rucksack who outgrew his small one about a year ago. As I'm having to work on his recall AGAIN I need the harness if I'm going to put him on a long-line. Harnesses are a pain on dogs with long hair as they tend to form mats under the harness

Tangutica - I don't blame you putting off the packing having lovely weather as you do ..... but will be in a total panic as the days pass.

See you all later if I get the chance.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Had an absolute nightmare with AOL this afternoon and my e-mails, grrrrrr. Somehow somebody has hacked into my e-mail account and sent 55 e-mails to people with a dodgy link. How that happened I have no idea, because I'm not daft, I know a dodgy e-mail when I see it and would never, ever click on a link in one of those. My pc bod friend of Dave's said it was probably a site I went onto that got hacked into, cos I don't have a virus, I've done a full scan, but he told me to change my AOL password and everything would be ok.

What I need to do next is to send an e-mail to all my friends to warn them, but I'm not sure how to send one e-mail to everybody? Anyone know please or I shall put up a thread in the puter bit.

Driven me mad trying to change my password, because of course, the hackers had somehow done something which meant I couldn't access the page I needed on AOL, it just went all haywire everytime and then a big notice from AOL saying it had broken and they were on the case!

Oh lordy, I hope this doesn't mean I have to check my bank accounts which I do online although I never do them via AOL, I always use the in private browsing on IE? I feel all zapped out now and haven't had a nanny nap either!!!
Hi Helena, you posted while I was still ... I just had to use that

Hopefully everyone who received that email will realise its a scam ............ it really is so dodgy looking. Not sure how you send an email to everyone but Azz will know or Malka.
A nightmare for you and I hope you get it sorted.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >