register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Malka, you are miles ahead of me, what on earth is this Cobian thing, sounds like something out of Star Trek.
And.....I have found out how to answer my phone....
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Morning all,

I'm glad its half term this week, so tired, was a busy weekend.

I am sorry to hear about Kyiro Bev, that was so out of the blue.

I missed what happened to Tess, hope she has an easy visit to the vets.

I am planning a day of housework. Perhaps some study. I have to go to Dingwall after being down to the detachment. That's my day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Having 5 minutes with a cup of tea and then I have to get stuck in and get everything done early as Sasha's family are here midday.
Last night was not good, I kept telling myself it is the last time, so just do it. First call was 2.30am. Now for the first time I haven't had any of those little bones out for them, and I don't like giving stuff straight from the fridge. So I had to give them something....next one was 4.30, so another little something, then 8am, so a very tiny little something (especially Sasha as she will be travelling) They have all gone into the crate and gone back to sleep now. The 'lid' has worked well, although Keshi knocked it off and I found her climbing over, with Sasha and Ash sat watching to see how it went.... I was on my way in there because it was 4.30am and I didn't want them disturbing everyone else. Hopefully Ash and Keshi will be out tonight with the girls and I will have a sleep, but not holding my breath on that one!!! I turned my back for seconds whilst I put their dishes in the washing up bowl and Sasha was climbing up the radiator to get on top of the crate, so picked her up and put her down in the kitchen with the other 2, they should play the Mission Impossible tune everytime she makes an appearance
Hope you are OK Bev, it does tend to hit after a couple of days because you start seeing the empty bits that used to be filled, and doing one less meal etc.
Hope Dave gets a nicer bank than the last one, they are all the same really though. I have a Building Society account at the Yorkshire Building Society and they are the nicest people and so helpful. I have to have a bank account because I need a debit card these days, but keep the bare minimum in it because they are keen to sell you stuff but not so keen to do what I want!!! Very tiny interest rates these days at the BS though, in fact everywhere.
Hope the hair goes well Jenny and your guest appreciates your hard work, but then again how would they know
No snow here, and above freezing as well.
Hope you get good news from someone today Lynn, last week looked so promising as well!!
Morning June it is today Sasha leaves for her new home then.
I do hope you manage some rest to tonight
Sasha seems to of been the ring leader.
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
No white stuff for us but a very hard frost. here is a picture of our car!

Malka it is a C section that is ominous although I do not know what a T section is.

I hope everyone is well and safe this morning. Thinking of you all but especially you Bev.
Morning Jen. Oooohhh that looks like a hard frost. About Curry's maybe the salesman is still trying. Will you be going in to see if he has managed it ?

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members cold and grey yet again with a covering of snow which I thought we were not going to get here.

A man is coming later to give me a quote to install some heating although the old system has decided to come on and limp along when it feels like it. I am hoping it might do this until the spring .

Hope all you poorly people and dogs are better soon .
Stay warm and safe everyone .
Morning Mini good luck with the quote for the heating.
Not long till Spring now hopefully.

Update on Nigeria. Gorden has spoken to the lady dealing with it this end now this agency do not normally and have not done overseas business before. She had an email from the woman in Nigeria who says she still does not understand what she is meant to do so could Gorden go on a visitors visa. Don't think so he has said if she can't sort it out today this is the Nigerian end then its off. The lady this end has found out if the Nigerian end pull their finger out they can get a visa sorted in 24 hours.
It seems the other guy isn't Nigerian and was going out with no visa or a visitor visa which Gorden is not prepared to do.
So he has done all the research for them especially the Nigerian end and still got nowhere because people who want the job done cannot be bothered to do the research or the work and feign ignorance.
Still waiting for questions to be answered re: Kazakhstan.
Visa ok for that he has one for a year and his bank account still.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Malka, you are miles ahead of me, what on earth is this Cobian thing, sounds like something out of Star Trek.
Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)

Now you know why I am only too happy to pay Effie to configure it/set it up etc!

And.....I have found out how to answer my phone....
Mazal Tov - use it in good health!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Good luck Sasha in your new home, safe journey. We will miss the exploits.

It has not stopped snowing here all morning, the flakes are huge. The ground is still very wet so it is struggling to lay but succeeding in places so hopefully wont come to too much.

The dogs only went out for 1/2 hour as the visibility is so poor on the road and the school parents drive like maniacs so we didn't venture far, Kia wouldn't have gone that far if she had her way and wanted to go back by the end of my neighbours garden.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2013, 11:57 AM
So does that mean I can download it and then back up all my stuff on it online?
Only had a quick look as doing Sasha's goody bag and her insurance, all packed now feeling a bit tearful and filling up, they've been on this morning already to make sure everything's OK at this end.
She is out playing at the moment, tremendous long and complex playfight going on so lots of excitement and I want her a bit quieter and not keyed up.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Afternoon all those I missed earlier

Norma, I didn't know dogs drank coffee?? Tea yes, one of my previous girls would always nick a nice cuppa!!!

Grandma, I never went near it,......... I actually forgot about it being there!!! I have wooden flooring on my mind for the hallway, and now you've gone and reminded me about rugs for that!!!

Jenny is having her T-section done which is nothing to do with a C-section, she's having her parting and the back top bit, i.e. the "T" done in highlights. Hope it looks gorgeous Jenny, I'm having mine done Friday, although I still haven't decided whether or not to grow out this grey, so I'm going for just the T-section too now that you've mentioned it.

Oh dear........it's nearly lunchtime isn't it ~Bye bye my darling little Sasha, I hope you're very, very happy in your lovely new home that mummy found for you, and I hope they play with you lots, feed you regularly with the scrummy food you are used to, and take care of you if you ever get sick again, which of course you won't! Have fun little sweetheart.xxxxxxxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Afternoon all

Busy morning here,Had to take Luke over to the jobcentre and was going to use O/H's car as it needs to be used,damn thing wouldn't start so I took mine
Had a snow shower,nothing major,back home to make sure O/H was ok then out to the Dr's and Tesco for some bits.

Back home and had some forms to fill in,which has taken over an hour to do

Off to put some washing on now and do some lunch

Have a good day all x

Will pop back later x
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

We have a covering of the white stuff this morning and its still coming down. Lily was not impressed.

Lily and I had a lovely walk yesterday with 58 other greyhounds and thier owners, it was quite emotional though as everyone was coming up crying and hugging me because they all loved Kyiro so much. I felt fine though, but then last night it hit me and this morning I keep having tears. I think the initial shock is going and reality that I can't see him or cuddle him anymore is hitting hard.
Lily is also very quiet and not eating much, so I am trying to give her extra cuddles.

Charly has come down with a high tempreture and sore throat this morning, she has lost her voice too so she text me from upstairs to tell me something as she couldn't shout .
I'm so glad you had a good walk yesterday and how lovely that so many people acknowledges Kyiro's passing, he was well loved.(((hugs))) Bev, reality is tough. I hope Charly is feeling better soon.

Malka - A T-Section is high-lites down my parting and across the front to hide the regrowth. I alternate between half-head and 'parting'.

Moet - Our guest wasn't actually invited by us, he just announced he was arriving. He's actually really easy to have and we've known him 30 years, (we stayed with him and his wife for a few days when we visited Australia). Fortunately his OH isn't coming as she has OCD for cleanliness

Mini - I hope the quote is acceptable for the heating.

June - Sorry you had a bad night and OMG Sasha has clearly been showing Keshi the ropes No guests ever appreciate the hard work of cleaning/tidying because 'Don't you know my house is always immaculate'
Huge (((hugs))) for Sasha and do ask her new family to keep in touch.

Still snowing but not settling now as the ground is just too wet. Our guest is not going to know what's hit him as it was 31 degrees when he left Melbourne

I'll try and log on later but it's unlikely as I've got to hoover and dust the downstairs now.

I hope all poorly dogs and people are better soon .... especially Tess ((hugs)).
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2013, 01:26 PM

SASHA HAS LEFT THE BUILDING
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »