View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Helena - That's good news that Dave is around now until Tuesday, at least you can hopefully relax a little. I too remember going to school in the snow and also when the heating had broken down - if it was cold we were allowed to keep our coats on but were all still chucked outside at play and lunch time whatever the weather.

Kazz - I hope Sal remains OK today. Suggestions for your Cruise - it sounds awful so I think you shouldn't worry about going and let me go instead Actually it sounds wonderful and just reading through your itinerary one can imagine the sun/sea and sights. How exciting! I think half the fun about a holiday is the 'thinking about it'.

TW - Sounds good so far with the pups You haven't mentioned Keshi for a while? Long may it last and hopefully you really are on the home run now.

Lynn - Hopefully Dillon has decided to have a rest now.

I took my boys out for a walk just before 8 when it started snowing. Both seemed to enjoy it in spite of the snow falling heavily by the time we got back.

Rucksack now very quiet and although he ate his food he insisted on chewing every bit - he usually inhales it. I'll just have to keep an eye on him today and hopefully we can all have a 'chill-out' day.

See you all later and keep warm and safe.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Hi Malka, you posted while I was typing What a pain about our computer and hopefully Effie will be able to finally sort it out.

Great news about your friend and what a lovely start to your day speaking to her on the phone.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Morning everyone

We have some light snow. Many of the schools say they are closing at lunchtime but ours isn't so far.

I know what you mean Helena, I don't ever remember the schools closing for snow. I do remember being freezing and having to wear extra layers at school when it snowed. Mind you, the school was within walking distance - Carys' first school was 4 miles away and her current school is 3 miles. I don't fancy that walk with a toddler as well .

I saw this programme once where children in developing countries sometimes have to walk several miles to school though.

I hope you son gets home safely Jenny.

Sounds lovely Kazz!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Late on parade again but I have a good excuse - after giving Pereg her first pill I went back to sleep and did not surface until 10am! Half way through getting dressed the phone rang and it was Effie and I thought Yippee - he is bringing my computer back. Wrong, he spent ages explaining exactly what he had done and what tests he had run and it is not the software so all my stuff is safe [it is still on the hard drive from my previous computer which he had kept as an emergency measure - it is also, of course, on both of my external hard drives]. He reinstalled Windows, ran more and more tests - I did not understand all he said as it was pooter talk, but he put some massive loads on the computer and ran it for 36 hours - everything fine. Took off the heavy loads and everything fine. Then it died again.

Did something else, ran it for 36 hours - everything fine. Put it into idle - and four hours later it died.

So it is a hardware problem and he has to now find out which one - could be the motherboard, could be the hard drive, could be the processor - but everything was brand new so under guarantee so there will be no problem getting it all replaced. Just means I am stuck with his loan computer for a while yet but it is better than no computer at all.

Right - the good [incredibly good] news is that my friend was well enough to phone me [just after I had finished the call with Effie] and the surgery went very well. She said it was nowhere near as major as the first one had been and the prognosis is very good B"H and they think she will recover very well and quite quickly. She sounded absolutely wonderful and I still have a huge smile on my face as I really thought that I would never hear her again.

OK - now to catch up on Dogsey. I also have to catch up on the news - it sounds terrible.

Keep warm and keep safe everyone.
Tut tut Mrs. We will forgive you though.
Oh dear not good news about the computer I hop Effie can get to the bottom of the trouble and soon.
Excellent news about your friend.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning everyone

We have some light snow. Many of the schools say they are closing at lunchtime but ours isn't so far.

I know what you mean Helena, I don't ever remember the schools closing for snow. I do remember being freezing and having to wear extra layers at school when it snowed. Mind you, the school was within walking distance - Carys' first school was 4 miles away and her current school is 3 miles. I don't fancy that walk with a toddler as well .

I saw this programme once where children in developing countries sometimes have to walk several miles to school though.

I hope you son gets home safely Jenny.

Sounds lovely Kazz!
Morning Linda. Hope the snow doesn't get to bad we have some here now but not much at the moment.
My dad use to have to walk 5 miles to school when he was 5 and 5 miles home.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
I am late on this morning as after walking Lily at 6.30 this morning, I headed off to Tesco to do my shopping, came back and fed the dogs and wild birds then went off to PAH to get dog food, paid some bills and went to the bank. I have also cleared the garden of any dog poo's so the snow can safely arrive now and nothing will be hidden under it and I don't need to take my car out in it till Kyiro's vet appointment Monday morning.

Just got to hope the snow is not too thick so buses stop running and I get stranded at work tonight.

I am now going to go and make a shepherds pie which will do me for dinner for a couple of days, do some housework, walk Lily and then off to work.

Hope you all have a good day and please take care out there.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Not snowing here at the moment, although every so often the odd flake comes down, pretty cold though.
We have more or less solid poos this morning, I am cautiously optimistic, but don't want to say too much. Babies ate their breakfast at full pelt,and were looking round for more, Che carrying his bowl around like Oliver Twist, Sasha looking hopefully at me, I am giving her lots of small meals at the moment, her next one will be after I have got the others out with mum, otherwise there will be screams of rage and jealousy from the Big 3. I have found my camera, it was under some cushions, probably put there out of the way of Sasha and forgotten about. She is very good really, she has her cardboard box to finish off, not much of it left really, and if she goes to get something she shouldn't I say Sasha No, and she comes running over and gets a cuddle and tummy tickle. Soooo maybe piccies at some point today. Everyone sleeping brekkie off at the moment, so house very quiet. I am still sleeping on the couch and will stay here until I feel OK about putting Sasha with the others, a few days of solid poos will make me feel safer as well, there is no way I want her re-infecting with whatever it is. Maybe I overeacted to it yesterday, but can't risk (or afford) another one going downhill and the subsequent stay in the vets.
I hope you get someone able to feed the cat, it will be warm and dry though, so even if it is later than normal I am sure it won't come to much harm, better than being outside in the cold and not fed like so many unfortunate so called 'family pets' Girlies all got a big tea last night and a big brekkie, they are warm and dry, Cariad went back in for me to give her brekkie in bed, her and Mabs seem to take turns on that one. Lona eats at the back door so she is fed first!!!
Sounds like Dave is a bit more positive this week Helena, and hope he finds his camper van, will he park it at work, will he be warm enough in it???Hope Gordon hears some positive news soon about a job, at least he has his bits and pieces bringing some money in.
Jenny have a good day with the boys and fingers crossed they stay on the right side of things.
Morning everyone I've missed and you June, and so pleased to hear all seems quiet and well at yours atm. Dave said it'll be warmer if he gets one he can drag into his workshop each night rather than one he parks in a field in the middle of nowhere, but we're hoping still for that mortgage, he has irons in the fire now for that.

Well, we did a lovely beach walk, the wind was fffffreeezing and made our faces go numb, it was south east so we had it both ways, there and back. We got down on a bit of dryish sand to chuck Zena's ball, and then walked along the top as I didn't want her getting soaking wet today in these conditions.

It's only just started snowing here now, very light powdery stuff, nothing to write home about....yet!

My main concern is Zena hasn't done a morning poop I've looked everywhere where she would normally "go" but nothing and she didn't do anything on our walk, which again is quite strange. She did wake me up at 7.30 licking my face and pawing me, so maybe she wanted to go out there and then and I wasn't quick enough, so it went away lol! I don't think she's got a problem cos she's lively and ate her brekkie and now she's sleeping which is all quite normal.

Glad to hear Rosie is fine this morning and Pepsi, and I hope you get that puter back soon grandma.

Off to do nothing now lol!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,
I am late on this morning as after walking Lily at 6.30 this morning, I headed off to Tesco to do my shopping, came back and fed the dogs and wild birds then went off to PAH to get dog food, paid some bills and went to the bank. I have also cleared the garden of any dog poo's so the snow can safely arrive now and nothing will be hidden under it and I don't need to take my car out in it till Kyiro's vet appointment Monday morning.

Just got to hope the snow is not too thick so buses stop running and I get stranded at work tonight.

I am now going to go and make a shepherds pie which will do me for dinner for a couple of days, do some housework, walk Lily and then off to work.

Hope you all have a good day and please take care out there.
Morning Bev you have had an early start.
I hope Kyiro's paw is still doing well. Fingers crossed the biggest load of snow misses us.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Tut tut Mrs. We will forgive you though.
Oh dear not good news about the computer I hop Effie can get to the bottom of the trouble and soon.
Excellent news about your friend.

Morning Linda. Hope the snow doesn't get to bad we have some here now but not much at the moment.
My dad use to have to walk 5 miles to school when he was 5 and 5 miles home.
I bet he was fit!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Morning peeps. Heavy snow here. After a light dusting last night it stopped till abt 8 this morning & now it's about 2 inches. it will be fun in the park this afternoon if it carries on - I don't think!!! Taffy loves it anyway
Been to Morrisons shopping so that's out of the way. I think the local school must be shut as there were no kids about this morning.
Keep warm & safe everyone & take care you don't slip if you have to go out. We don't want any broken bones.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 11:56 AM
YAYYYYYYYYYYY WOOOP WOOOP does cartwheels across the floor, cos Dave has just heard from his accountant and the vat bill for the end of this month is a mere FRACTION of what he was told before Christmas, so he's well happy, which makes ME happy, and looks like we might even get some wages next month now!

Today is a good day, I knew that smiley would work somehow
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »