Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H and all

It's peeing down here too. I am sure to get someone peeing on the floor as they are a nightmare when it's raining.

I hope the vet trip goes well Bev and that there is an improvement.

Oh Rosebud, poor wee doggy, probably thought they would drown!

I am off shortly to pick up my cousin and take him to the nursing home, still have clothing to label. I am off to work after that, just hope it isn't busy today as I have left poor Rhona on her own this morning. I am working all day tomorrow and then off until boxing day. Most of next week will be trying to keep my cousin amused, I am not really looking forward to it.

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerry Not so good when the dogs don't want to go out is it. Good luck with the nursing home but he may even be looking forward to it, and sorry to hear you've gottta work tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all although it don't look it - it's still dark out there and it's piddling it down

Rosie stayed in bed until 7.45 am this morning so that was good. Not so good is she's left half her breakfast which is unknown unless she's not feeling well. On the upside, she seems her normal, bouncy self at the moment so fingers crossed she's just not feeling very hungry.

More letters to sort at Gary's by the sounds of things. Fast as I get one thing sorted, something else crops up. I've a feeling that one of them is about his lost post office card which has been causing nightmares. The other is another letter from Queen's Medical so I've no idea what that is until I see it. I'll probably go to his flat early today because he tends to get in a panic when he gets letters until I tell them they have been sorted out.

No idea what we are doing today, but not a lot by the looks of the weather.

Have a good 'un all
Morning Chris, and so sorry to hear about little Rosie not wanting her brekkie, it's just the same as we get here with Zena, but I'm sure Rosie will come round in a bit and want her brekkie. Just had our lovely seafront walk, had it all to ourselves apart from a few collies with their chuckitt owners, so enjoy your walk in the rain if you're going that is.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning H and all that follow.
Still raining, still blowing a gale, still flooded everywhere
My neighbour, elderly, lives alone, always comes into us at Christmas. This year she is going with relatives in Basildon..... if she can get there. I suspect I will be having one more for Christmas lunch
Nice to see you back Ramble
Rosebud hope your pipes get sorted soon.
Good luck at the vets Bev.
Hope Gary is ok when you get there Brierley
Hubby is poorly bad with the dreaded cold, which one of you passed it through cyber space?
Have a good day everyone I will drop in again later.
Morning Jenny Been thinking about you down there in the West it must be very bad now, but I know you're on top of a hill so you'll be fine! Yes, better lay one more place then on Christmas Day (I'm on my way lol!)

We've just had our beach walk I know, I know, but I was thinking about the clean bit. Zena had her waterproofs on, it was blowing an absolute gale down there and torrential rain, but we manage 45 mins there and back, got soaked through even with our waterproof trousers and jackets, but nothing would have kept that lot out. Zena has decided to eat breakfast, she's had her pills and lunchtime I will be giving her the first of the Metronidazole which I'm sure will kill everything nasty off and really help to improve her all round.

Gotta go and dry off a bit more now and prepare some lunch for later. It's really nice out there if you're dressed up for it, at least you have the place to yourselves this morning if you're venturing out.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Sorry I am late getting here for some reason people keep phoning and calling in have to work next year on being even grumpier and keeping them away.

I can't read through all the daily I will be here till next year so anyone ill my thoughts and anyone with an issue of any sort that is causing you stress remember - take a breath and remember you are doing the best you can.

So to my day

I have/had a plan of action and guess what it went wrong first thing as I got up late now behind no papers, got no dog walked, and people knocking on the door and phoning.....and just having breakfast - coffee and crumpets with marmite.

So the revised plan is to roll with the day..........it does not really matter it will all get done.....or not.

So in no specific order I need to.

Take rubbish to the salvage.

Walk the dog (but not in this heavy rain)given last weeks health issue she stays in not risking anything.

Go to supermarkets and queue for the bits and pieces

Farm shop for the turkey will enjoy that as its never hectic but always full of busy and cheeful customers - not sure what happens these are the same people who are crazy in supermarkets are happy to queue in a buthers or farm shop maybe the smaller shops inhibit people's "sigh" gene. Or maybe it the trollies as soon as you connect your hands to one you get trolly rage...............

In fact I am back to the farm shop on Monday for the Christmas day pork. its a ritual to go out on christmas eve so............ ....and they give out glasses of port or sherry too.

Get back and drop Mom and Dad to the symphony hall for there yearly show its in the afternoon this year.
http://www.thsh.co.uk/event/jingle-bell-christmas-1212/
Given Dad's health better to choose one to go with.

Then may just do nothing. Or may wrap, or may pop out and do a quick Christmas visit to someone. Or may sit and watch last epsode of Merlin.

Tonight I am off at 3am to do my stint at the "keep christmas" event for the homeless shelter/church. I am on tea making duty I think. but that could change I could be out in the cold.

Just seen the news and the floods apparently hittting so to all in that area take care and stay warm.

Have a great day all. ITS CHRISTMAS
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Right off I go ..................................I may be a while.
montymuffin
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Morning all..... Lovely day in Manchester ( not ) Christmas shopping to do I have not felt like it due to my recent loss of montymuffin however just read about Georgie bless and wish her well big hug
Jane x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Afternoon Nechda, afternoon all

I was around earlier [when you lot were all still azonk] but having been up since stupid o'clock and having been up for Pereg a couple of times, I decided to go back to bed and try to get a bit more

I feel bad for all those who are suffering from the flooding - we have had quite a bit of heavy rain here and all the drainage ditches are full, but nothing like I have been seeing on the news and reading on online media.

Talking of the drainage ditches I nearly piddled myself earlier. Pereg was sitting quietly in the open doorway and some horrid b's messing about on the other side of the road started making silly woof woof noises at her. So she rushed out barking - two of them did their "frightened of the dog" act and fell backwards landing bottie first into the muddy water in the ditch across the road!

Oops...

That was not the best part though, they could not get back up because of the muddy slope so their mates had try and help pull them up and five 10-12 year olds had to slink back home covered with liquid mud!

Have a good day everyone and I hope you all keep dry.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Absolutely persisting down here I know it was forecast, but one can but hope.....) So, 3 soggy girlies at the back door demanding brekkie, and 4 babies peeping out of their Palace,also demanding brekkie. Waded through girlies and carried babies into kitchen where their brekkie was and vetbed to roll in with toys, whilst I fed girlies and sorted kennels out.
Dug loads of shavings out of the smaller kennel and filled with clean shavings, then into puppy palace which wasn't too bad at all. Cleaned yard and disinfected (at least didn't have to get the hose out, it was raining enough anyway) then put shutter down and brought babies back into Puppy Palace, put mummy in with babies (she wanted to come in the house, but Not A Chance) by then Lona and Mabs in smaller kennel on fresh bedding and quite happy and peeping out, so took shutter up and all babies clustered around the hatch looking out. As I looked out when shutting the top door when going in I saw Che walking in the rain, is he mad Checked a minute later and he had gone back in, he is not mad, just Didn't Know It Was Wet Out There
Next to nothing to do today except catch up on washing and ironing and tidy up, Sasha's family coming tomorrow to say goodbye to her till they get back off hols, Jackie and Andy also coming, then maybe at long last I can get this tree up that has been in the garden for 4 days waiting patiently
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Just called the landlord again; the usual plumber always comes a day or so later claiming he has only just got the message so needed to make sure the LL had spoken to him in person and that he know this is URGENT

I was right; he had left the man a message.. SO now he is looking for a different plumber; I have no water, no toilet and cannot use the central heating and will not be here tomorrow. It was that that got him moving so we shall see. For now is it the big outdoor bathroom with the dark grey sky and at present built in cold shower..
Opps sorry;made a mess with the bolding..

No mountains today....

Collie is not well; she got soaked and very cold so she is coccooned in good wool blankets. Changed and warmed every so often and a good rub.
Eating as she always does.. even in thunder terror.. hand fed her raw chicken bits.

Amost all sorted for tomorrow; they had a near feeding frensy with the jams and chutney so been sorting the last few jars I have in stock.

All the shops in that town are open tomorrow so there should be families etc in
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Good morning fellow members I am in Chloe's bad books after she surveyed the lake at the top of the lane with an expression of 'I am not walking through that 'then struggled to walk in the gloopy mess which was once a field.

Things didn't improve when I abandoned her in the pouring rain to done my gardening gloves (which I carry with me) to free two sheep stuck in the brambles . We both returned home soaked in mud and rain. Oh well at least it isn't too cold.

My son is coming for coffee and a mince pie shortly with one of the twins other than that I am hoping for a quite day.

Enjoy your day everyone
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Afternoon Nechda, afternoon all

I was around earlier [when you lot were all still azonk] but having been up since stupid o'clock and having been up for Pereg a couple of times, I decided to go back to bed and try to get a bit more

I feel bad for all those who are suffering from the flooding - we have had quite a bit of heavy rain here and all the drainage ditches are full, but nothing like I have been seeing on the news and reading on online media.

Talking of the drainage ditches I nearly piddled myself earlier. Pereg was sitting quietly in the open doorway and some horrid b's messing about on the other side of the road started making silly woof woof noises at her. So she rushed out barking - two of them did their "frightened of the dog" act and fell backwards landing bottie first into the muddy water in the ditch across the road!

Oops...

That was not the best part though, they could not get back up because of the muddy slope so their mates had try and help pull them up and five 10-12 year olds had to slink back home covered with liquid mud!

Have a good day everyone and I hope you all keep dry.
There is some justice after all!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Oh Rosebud are you able to light the range or have you got to have it out because of no water
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »