Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
'afternoon Lynn and all above

Temperatures took a dive last night, about minus 7 C and all the car doors were frozen, managed to get the drivers door open and get in and start the engine, then had to wait twenty minutes or so until everything had warmed up, then off to do the weekly food shop, snow still here but roads were OK.

Hope you all have a good day and all doggies are OK have togo get some lunch now. Will return latter.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Dillon is bound to be high as a kite just now, Lynn. His dad is home and he's excited about it. Give him a week or so and he'll settle back down to normal, naughty Dillon

How's Zena, Helena? I hope the sickness was a one-off.

I also hope that Pereg is still doing OK, Malka. Such a frightening experience for you both with the Dobe.

It's piddling it down, blowing a gale and is generally horrible so town trip is cancelled. Been down to Gary's and he's looking a little better for being home so all is good on that front.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
A belated good morning everyone what a horrible day it has turned into , bitterly cold with icy rain falling .

I had to pop out to town, a big mistake on a Friday because it is so busy but I managed to get a couple of jobs done.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2012, 01:30 PM
QUOTE=Losos;2634626]'afternoon Lynn and all above

Temperatures took a dive last night, about minus 7 C and all the car doors were frozen, managed to get the drivers door open and get in and start the engine, then had to wait twenty minutes or so until everything had warmed up, then off to do the weekly food shop, snow still here but roads were OK.

Hope you all have a good day and all doggies are OK have togo get some lunch now. Will return latter.[/QUOTE]

Afternoon Harvey. Feels about minus 7 or more here too. The sun is shining now but it is so cold.
Did you have nice hot soup for lunch ?
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Dillon is bound to be high as a kite just now, Lynn. His dad is home and he's excited about it. Give him a week or so and he'll settle back down to normal, naughty Dillon

How's Zena, Helena? I hope the sickness was a one-off.

I also hope that Pereg is still doing OK, Malka. Such a frightening experience for you both with the Dobe.

It's piddling it down, blowing a gale and is generally horrible so town trip is cancelled. Been down to Gary's and he's looking a little better for being home so all is good on that front.
That's nice to hear that Gary is doing so well.
Dillon is like that most of the time Chris if anyone visits he is constantly in their face unless you give him a marrow bone to chew on even then he can be a nuisance he doesn't seem to get it and we feel he has ocd if dogs can have it.
Mark, Tracey and the children are coming Boxing day i'm dreading it he will be so hyper. We have started putting him in the kitchen but he barks the house down.
He will come up for nice cuddles then after ten minutes he turns into a land shark. At the moment all I seem to do is correct him and get cross. I hope he outgrows it.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
A belated good morning everyone what a horrible day it has turned into , bitterly cold with icy rain falling .

I had to pop out to town, a big mistake on a Friday because it is so busy but I managed to get a couple of jobs done.

Enjoy your day everyone
Afternoon Mini.
Not a good idea on a Friday going into town best to avoid it if you can. Plus the bitter cold doesn't help.
Hope you are all toasty and warm now.
daisylynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2012, 01:32 PM
This friday morning sucked. My mom and little brother woke me up by arguing. Loudly. To the point I had to step in. This has shot my nerves. Arg.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Had an apology from DSp ( department of social protection as it is now called) re the three strange letters... No explanation of course.

The wind dropped and let the sun out so I was able to load the car ready for Sunday, except tables and jams which will go in early Sunday. Without knitting flying everywhere....

The cattle are at the fence so collie got to do her stalking and herding act, while my big boy cat and wee dog were having a love in in the shed. Wee dog was raised with these two cats and it is lovely to see them playing like that , until the big bad collie spoils it! Rolling over and so gentle with each other.

Splendid skies; I can see the far and higher mountains through a gap between the nearer ones and it is snowing over there; You can see it falling.

Chicken stew simmering on the range for later... just time to knt one more mohair beret before the next Fair.. and no snow forecast .. a sky blue I think, deep as the summer
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by daisylynn View Post
This friday morning sucked. My mom and little brother woke me up by arguing. Loudly. To the point I had to step in. This has shot my nerves. Arg.
((( hugs))))
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Afternoon everyone

Sorry to hear Dillon is still being a pain Lynn, but hopefully, he's young, he'll grow out of it, whereas Zena's introductions leave much to be desired with visitors, and we have one this afternoon, but he knows Zena, so I shall tell him to just stand there whilst she barks at him and he can hand her some cheese and she'll calm down and let him through (I hope!). I don't think she'd ever bite, in fact I know she wouldn't, but she really does put on this scarey act.

I remember when we had the 4ft bit of wood across the front balcony, and she shot out there one day before I could get to her (through the open patio doors), and it was the neighbour and the little boy, and they were both leaning over at waist height stroking her, whilst she was carrying on at them like a loonie! The good thing with Zena is, as soon as she's told to go and get her ball, it's like magic, she runs off to get it, comes back, drops it at their feet at stands their squidging it making it squeak and then leaves them alone, so that's fine by me.

Anyway Lynn, I'm sure with all the excitement like Chris says and his age, it'll all fall into place one day soon.

I've been multi tasking here this morning. Put the tree up, hoovered around, walked Zena, cooked a roast turkey crown, did some paperwork for the van booking and the new chart for 2013, had a surveyor round to take a look in the loft where Dave noticed condensation up there this morning (can't beat that for quickness can ya, he came within 5 mins of my phone call cos he only lives down the road!), so all in all, a pretty busy morning here and now I'm ready for a well earned nanny nap.

I'm debating whether to leave Zena with Dave for our visitor or whether to shut her in the bedroom with me. This is the guy that has the 5 gsd's so he does know what they're like with visitors, they can't have any in their house lol! She wouldn't scare him though, he adores her and she likes him cos he's so quiet like Dave, so maybe she'll be ok with a lump of cheese and Dave, not forgetting that squeaky ball of course

Haven't had a minute to get on here until now, that's not on is it!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Nice morning here with blue skies and sunshine, very cold though, but I think we are just about above freezing. When I took Cariad out for her late walk last night the weather was foul, very cold icy rain, and she certainly wanted to take her time last night and sniff everywhere she could find, as I feel so sorry for her that she isn't getting proper walks at the moment I feel obliged to let her.
Babies are doing fantastically well as always, they are beginning to want to eat from the trays now rather than me having to sit with them and hand feed the ones that aren't really bothered, I put Cariad's dish down and that got their attention and they clustered around her, then I called to them and put their little trays down and they were there immediately. Humpty plonking himself IN the tray with his head down and burrowing away like a little dumper truck.
Whilst I've got them busy eating I try to clean the crate and put fresh bedding in. I have got my anti-bac wipes out and next minute a little head appears under my arm trying to clamber in, so I remove head and body attached to it, and carry on wiping. I get the puppy pads out of the box, and Humpty is trying climb in the crate, remove Humpty and put pads down, reach up for vetbed and there is Humpty again, try to smooth vet bed down whilst holding Humpty back with one hand. Take sheet down to put on top of vetbed and Humpty is in the crate playing with the vet bed, remove Humpty and try and tuck sheet in, Cariad then trying to climb in crate on my left, with Humpty taking advantage of the distraction by climbing in on my right and rolling himself in the sheet....... told Cariad off, picked Humpty up and put him elsewhere, but then it is a race to get back to the crate before Cariad or Humpty get there before me. Finally get crate looking less like Armeggedon has struck, put piece of vet bed in front of crate and by the side with their toys on, and put everything else in washer, count puppies to make sure none are IN the washer.
Here is today's Puppy Fix

Hope Sal's x-ray goes OK today and she is fine.
Chris, you will go all floppy and tired all of a sudden because you have been running on adrenalin for so long now, so glad Gary is home and sleeping well on his new mattress.
Glad to see your new laptop is working Lynn, I am wanting to get shot of this MacAir thing, I can't work out anything on this one, am managing to do basic stuff, but there is only one port and no idea how you get piccies on etc. Eldest Son has suggested I sell it on Ebay and get what suits me, now that's a good idea, why did no one think to do that in the first place the £150 sounds fine to me and within my limited budget.
Hope you feel better soon RB and the postbox stays where you put it this time instead of taking itself off for a walk round.
You have reminded me to ring one of my friend's Helena, we meet for Christmas lunch every year, and not heard from her, but then again she hasn't heard from me!!! Will get onto it now.!!!!
Aw what a lovely photo and such a funny post. What will we do when the pups have gone?

You've been busy H!

I complained to Kenwood some days ago because I've had two liquidiser casings and both have cracked and leaked. They are saying it's because I put hot liquid in and that their instructions say not to, but I did NOT say I put hot liquid in at all. Furthermore, their instructions only warn about cooling liquids first in case of splashes, so it's a safety warning - no mention of potential cracks anyway. I am disgusted and have told them I expect more consideration to be given to my complaint. How dare they assume I shove boiling liquid in???
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Yipee, our heating oil delivery finally arrived

I've also just spent two hours typing up the minutes of our resident association AGM. So right at the moment I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself.

I hope the poorly dogs and people here this morning are feeling better very soon.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »