Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
It would be rather difficult to get back door keys for my clients given that most of their back gardens are secured by gates with padlocks that can't be reached from the street - I don't fancy vaulting a 6ft fence / gate just so that I can get in through the back door

I'm not sure that many of our clients are precious about their dogs or the state or our clothes. If your clients are based quite rurally it would be difficult for walker and dog to come back clean after a walk through a muddy field and the client would be unreasonable to expect otherwise. As most of our dogs are walked on pavements, walker and dog don't get particularly dirty while out. Just my opinion of course but to me it is a matter of courtesy not to drop mud around someone's home if it can be avoided.
I can imagine it must be a nightmare having to trudge through someone's house if you are wet and muddy. I don't blame you for walking the pavements as otherwise its impossible to keep clean!

I had a Labrador do a really great roll the other day. There was me calling him and rushing to get him up whilst he managed to plaster himself in poop. I spent quite a while hosing him down and towel drying him to leave him in his home where he has access to a cream carpet! I relayed this to his owner and she replied that they couldn't figure out what he smelled of as he looked clean.

I wear waterproof trousers most of the winter and somehow manage to plaster the complete length of the inside leg s in mud regularly. I have no idea how but cannot avoid it.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
I can imagine it must be a nightmare having to trudge through someone's house if you are wet and muddy. I don't blame you for walking the pavements as otherwise its impossible to keep clean!

I had a Labrador do a really great roll the other day. There was me calling him and rushing to get him up whilst he managed to plaster himself in poop. I spent quite a while hosing him down and towel drying him to leave him in his home where he has access to a cream carpet! I relayed this to his owner and she replied that they couldn't figure out what he smelled of as he looked clean.

I wear waterproof trousers most of the winter and somehow manage to plaster the complete length of the inside leg s in mud regularly. I have no idea how but cannot avoid it.
yes, one of my puppies lives in a town house with the kitchen on the first floor so I have to take off my boots, go and collect him, walk him, come back and take my boots off again and return him to the kitchen then come back and put my boots back on before leaving

at your labrador client - my mums lab was a nightmare for rolling in poo - I can sympathise!
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
yes, one of my puppies lives in a town house with the kitchen on the first floor so I have to take off my boots, go and collect him, walk him, come back and take my boots off again and return him to the kitchen then come back and put my boots back on before leaving
Argh what a hassle! I used to do a visit for two dogs to let them out in the garden and to play with them. It was such a hassle coming in and out removing boots I started tying carrier bags over them.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2012, 07:46 AM
It's like when I go to an Aquacise class, and there are women who get out of the pool with their hair still dry.

I did think perhaps I should get myself smart new dog walking clothes to show off my elegant poodle, but as the elegant poodle plunges into the canal every day and then runs through mud I haven't bothered.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2012, 08:20 AM

Me too ! what is that about !?, I just washed my waterproofs and they were sprayed with mud from hem to bum
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Haaaaaa i can't wait to freak out the yummy mummy crowd by looking like ive been dragged through a hedge backwards drivin up in a big manky pick.up truck
Yup that's me I usually have mud encrusted wellies on too Many of the other mums turn up in their BMWs, Mercs, and Audis appear to be a particular favourite, in their designer jeans or sports gear without a hair out of place
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 09:03 AM

Haha yes - me too! How DOES that happen?!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Crikey, how do they stay clean!

I took Dougal on our winter walk last night...it's paved...not a mud puddle in sight and he still got mucky I didn't walk over any wet bits, no grass, no mud and still got wet feet! I'm blowed if I know how though.

I refuse to try the woods just now, sheesh we'd never be out of the bath. I may however take him down to the beach today...that will be a giggle
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 04:31 PM
i have no idea it does amaze me though, i wish i could look like something out of a catalogue, but it just doesnt happen. i have some pretty nice dog/horse stuff, but i dont mind getting them dirty, thats what theyre for
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Haaaaaa i can't wait to freak out the yummy mummy crowd by looking like ive been dragged through a hedge backwards drivin up in a big manky pick.up truck
Just get evacuated shortly after getting home from a walk when both you and the dog look and smell like something that's just crawled out of a bog. The last 24 hours have not been pleasant for me or anyone downwind of me
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >