Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Hmm, which to believe.

Given the usual standard of DM hack journalism, i find the other two more believable.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 05:05 PM
You never know what to believe, which version of events is correct? I suspect only the 2 dog owners know the full story.

I've just read this in the Sun newspaper and it states the man kicked and punched the Ambull but when that didnt work, he went home and got 3 knives. I do wonder why 3 knives and not just one...

But anyway, if my dog was being attacked and it looked in very real danger of losing it's life, I would do everything I could to help my dog. Sometimes I carry a multitool with me and i've no doubt I would use that.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Impossible to know what went on without having seen it, I know what journalists do to stories.

That being said, if another dog had my dogs head in its mouth on my doorstep and I couldn't get it off and the owner wasn't there, I'd probably run back in and find whatever "weapon" I could use to save my dog. I don't care for another dog who might kill my dog.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-10-2012, 07:27 PM
The other articles demonstrate the point I made about journalism.

If it was indeed a revenge attack then that is completely wrong, however we really cannot be sure of the truth
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Yep, can't believe anything you read!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I am going to choose to believe the second two articles.

Firstly, why did he bring out 3 knives... That seems odd to me... I, personally, would just grab the first knife I could.

Secondly, 23 stabs wounds if far too OTT for me. I don't think there would be any need to stab a dog that many times.

I also don't understand why (if going by the first article) he left his dog in the jaws of another dog to get a knife... Again, just going by what I myself would do, but I just wouldn't think of leaving my dog... I would continue to kick, punch etc the other dog, if I had keys I would stab them with them, or use my dogs lead to strangle the other dog... I would use anything at hand, but my mind would just not take me to leaving my dog... But hey, maybe that's just me.

Like I said though, I am going to believe the second two articles.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post

I also don't understand why (if going by the first article) he left his dog in the jaws of another dog to get a knife... Again, just going by what I myself would do, but I just wouldn't think of leaving my dog... I would continue to kick, punch etc the other dog, if I had keys I would stab them with them, or use my dogs lead to strangle the other dog... I would use anything at hand, but my mind would just not take me to leaving my dog... But hey, maybe that's just me.

I agree, I don't think I would have the presence of mind in that situation, to leave my dog, for who knows what to happen, to return home, and gather 3 knives.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Even more interesting, someone on another forum has posted a pic of the man and his dog, and his dog seems in great condition... not a dog who was savaged by another dog that resembled a lion on a gazelle, and not an attack that required a dog to be stabbed 23 times...

I have tried to find what article it came from, but no luck so far. The dog is also a SBT so it's not like it was a wee JRT, it was a reasonably sized dog.

ETA: People on the other forum have also pointed out that the dogs lead looks like it is attached to his collar in the pics... so, if it is, he must not have been off lead and out of control...
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 09:24 PM
I had one of mine grabbed and held by a status dog last spring. It was a silent rush and attack but two of us caught it just as the grab went on so the dog only got half a grip on my dogs cheek/shoulder/neck region. I lifted mine up and moved with the dog trying to maul him to stop a shake, and another had him in a head lock when finally a third person (the owner) wheelbarrowed him. That didn't even work so fingers went up his butt and finally the grip let off.

My dog, despite being harrowed and having defecated on the spot and screaming for a full 60 seconds after he was let go came out without needing stitches and if photographed wounds were small enough that they would not have been seen. That was not a reflection on the type of attack he had suffered.

He was close to being killed and I know that if I had had a weapon I probably would have gone OTT with it in the anxiety and panic and adrenaline rush. The dog that attacked has caused another to have seizures after a shake. THAT dog showed no external wounds. 40 years ago I saw a Miniature Poodle killed by a shake and it didn't have a wound on its body either.

I don't think seeing photos of the dog that was attacked really says anything about the kind of threat he was under and often times it doesn't tell about the subsurface injuries.

Ruby
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Even more interesting, someone on another forum has posted a pic of the man and his dog, and his dog seems in great condition... not a dog who was savaged by another dog that resembled a lion on a gazelle, and not an attack that required a dog to be stabbed 23 times...

I have tried to find what article it came from, but no luck so far. The dog is also a SBT so it's not like it was a wee JRT, it was a reasonably sized dog.

ETA: People on the other forum have also pointed out that the dogs lead looks like it is attached to his collar in the pics... so, if it is, he must not have been off lead and out of control...
I never understand this. Only the people who actually witnessed the attack knows what really happened? Why bother with completely unprovable conjecture? Can we prove the photo was taken right after the incident? Can a photo show up every wound? Was the leash attached to the dog before, during, or after the attack? Etc etc etc......
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >