Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
Google Canimax Cirencester - there IS a canine olympics and they're hoasting agility, flyball, terrier racing, sheep herding, trieball and all sorts!!!
yes, but athletics also have world championships, what i mean is the actual olympics itself

Originally Posted by rune View Post
Once you get an influx of people wanting to do something you also get an influx of 'experts' teaching it and using it as moneymaking trip.

That might be a danger.

rune
yes, but this is not all about the dangers which i guess is where this thread is going...can you imagine the benefits? what would they be?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2012, 07:59 AM
If schutzhund were the choice of sport to show, I imagine the drawbacks far outweighing the benefits, unfortunately.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
If schutzhund were the choice of sport to show, I imagine the drawbacks far outweighing the benefits, unfortunately.
you need to get your glass half full
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yeah I guess that is why there are hundreds of people out there training their dogs to herd sheep after watching "One Man and His Dog" which is hugely popular.
It would be good if there were!
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Cani-cross? Then it is mainly about the people.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2012, 09:14 AM
The thing is, if you decide to try taking up swimming and give up after a few months it is not a problem. If you decide to try a dog sport and give up after a few months the dog is in trouble.

Dogs are cheaper and easier to get hold of than horses and people often don't realise they have to be trained to do things. They seem to think because the dogs one man and his dog are clever all collies are born obedient.

rune
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
yes, but athletics also have world championships, what i mean is the actual olympics itself

yes, but this is not all about the dangers which i guess is where this thread is going...can you imagine the benefits? what would they be?
Oh I beg your pardon; you asked a question and I responded?

I don't see what you're all moaning about, of course dog sports are all about the people - its the handlers fault if they go wrong but most of the time its for the dogs enjoyment. If they're good at it, thats a bonus.

I have a dog so I can enrich her life and try all sorts with her, its a benefit for her and I.

I think its an awful waste to have a dog thats stuck at home without anything to do or look forward too.

One life, live it.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-07-2012, 09:28 AM
no need for that, i responded to your response!

of course dog sports are all about the people - its the handlers fault if they go wrong but most of the time its for the dogs enjoyment. If they're good at it, thats a bonus.

I have a dog so I can enrich her life and try all sorts with her, its a benefit for her and I.

I think its an awful waste to have a dog thats stuck at home without anything to do or look forward too.

One life, live it.
Agree!!!
pghboxer22
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2012, 02:29 AM

I don't see what you're all moaning about, of course dog sports are all about the people - its the handlers fault if they go wrong but most of the time its for the dogs enjoyment. If they're good at it, thats a bonus.

One life, live it.
I agree with this! Here in the US though, hardly anything is televised besides the big sports. We don't see much of the equestrian games. I doubt we'd get to see any dog activities, unless we find it online somehow.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3