Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Forget about the pup I put up by the way I'm sorry but not sure you understand what it means when we say " A dog is for life "
Indeed.

I was about to say that if you 'are an adult' what the hell has it to do with your family what breed of dog you own?

Having read your further posts on here I am not at all sure you are 'adult' enough to own a dog and commit to taking care of it for the rest of its life.

Especially one that it seems you would be able to find a thousand reasons why you couldn't keep it. Starting with no one in your family liking it.
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Forget about the pup I put up by the way I'm sorry but not sure you understand what it means when we say " A dog is for life "
I do apologise my ex stole my dog and I'm unable to him back. Obviously you know how heartbroken I am about it how I cried myself to sleep for months. I understand what you mean when you say that as I've said I'd give anything to have him back I did not sell him or give him away he was sold behind my back. If that hadn't of happened I would still have Milo and he would be with me for the rest of his life.

Oh and the reason I'm getting wound up about the family thing is because my family is very close always have get togethers, always round at each others house parties/meals etc and people take their dogs. I don't understand how being annoyed my dog wouldn't be included in all this when the rest of the families dogs are such as Christmas etc makes me not 'adult' enough to own one?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jadey View Post
I do apologise my ex stole my dog and I'm unable to him back. Obviously you know how heartbroken I am about it how I cried myself to sleep for months. I understand what you mean when you say that as I've said I'd give anything to have him back I did not sell him or give him away he was sold behind my back. If that hadn't of happened I would still have Milo and he would be with me for the rest of his life.

Oh and the reason I'm getting wound up about the family thing is because my family is very close always have get togethers, always round at each others house parties/meals etc and people take their dogs. I don't understand how being annoyed my dog wouldn't be included in all this when the rest of the families dogs are such as Christmas etc makes me not 'adult' enough to own one?
Sorry for what you've been through but still don't think your mature enough to have another dog that just my opinion.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 07:47 AM
To be fair if my boy doesn't go then I generally don't, much prefer his company
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Not sure what right people have to tell this poster they are not mature enough for a dog but I think that is quite rude!

I also believe their have been some rather uncalled for posts especially as the OP has explained themselves quite well. They were not asking that you judge them they were simply stating that their parents have an issues with bull breeds and they disagree.

They have also said their dog was stolen sorry but im not sure how that can call for them being judged in this mannor. Sure if they feel they are ready for another it should be their decission not the right for a bunch of strangers to pre judge them this way.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 09:51 AM
My family just think we are nuts having dogs full stop!!

I do take my little one to my mum's now, but she doesn't leave my (or my OH's) knee while we are in the house. It a happy compromise because now we live 100 miles apart so we can only visit if pup goes too
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Unfortunately the average non-dog person does have preconceived ideas about all the breeds you are interested in.

I am sure American Bulldogs are lovely dogs but admittedly they and their crosses are a choice of dog for chav's at the moment. I would imagine that finding a well bred one from a responsible breeder would be difficult.

The breed you choose is obviously your choice but don't expect your family to accept your choices.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 10:11 AM
When you leave home you need to set up your own household and make your own life. Cut the cord and make your own decisions. You`ve made a lot of bad ones with the help (presumably) of advice from your family, so maybe it`s time to make your own.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 11:45 AM
first of all sorry about your other dogs.

from your posts i would truly consider first on whether you are settled now, and are not going to have to move from anywhere or split up with the partner any time soon, just so nothing that has already happened to you happens again.

if you want an american bulldog, then it is your choice of dog what you have. most of my family dont like hairless dogs, and think they are creepy, yet asbo has changed their minds because he is such a character. i want a weimaraner next, which none of my family agree with, but when the time comes for me to get one it will be my dog, my decision and you can guarantee that the family will changed their minds when they meet one properly.

with an american bulldog i would definitely do your research and buy from a reputable breeder, even if it means you have to be put on the waiting list for a while. i wouldnt risk it with a breed like that, so many things can go wrong, give yourself the best chance in it going right.

good luck with your search, and let us know on what you decide to do.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Well you posted the same question and issue when you were looking to get a Stafford.
You got plenty of good advise and still your own thing.

So don't know why you are asking this question here again
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >