View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2012, 12:40 PM
I have no experience of liver tumours so can not help there. But I feel your pain and I did have a CKCS who on the operating takble they found he only had so much time and h was suffering so I asked them to let him go there and then, so he didn't have to be bought round and suffer again. He was already asleep so would no nothing.
If you want to say your goodbyes then ask the vet if you can pop in later to see his body. They are normally only to pleased to let you do that.
Sending you lots of hugs and am hoping that it will not come to this and it is something perfectly treatable.
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Update. Having arrived at my vets at 8.15 am today I was told to ring back at 4. After spending the day with a cement mixer for a stomach and washing machines for eyes, they tell me he is only just being scanned now and to ring back at 5! Apparently they've had a few emergencies today. I appreciate that, but the thought of my poor dog who hasn't eaten since 7am yesterday, spending the last day of his life in a pen at the vets makes the situation even more heartbreaking.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2012, 03:14 PM
thats awful, your poor baby is an emergency too! hope you hear some good news at the end of this stressful day x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh how awful for poor Dennis and poor you - I appreciate that unexpected emergencies can and do occur, but still it is not fair on your poor dog.
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2012, 03:36 PM
thinking of you and Dennis with all fingers and toes crossed xxx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I am sorry to read this, I really really hope there is good news for you soon
Waiting is the worst thing
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Vets called back.

Scan showed there is a tumour in the liver which has been bleeding into the cavity, the spleen (what they can see of it appears clear) but is enlarged as does his chest appear clear. They managed to do his scan under sedation. My options are-
1. Referral to local oncology centre where they have MRI & can see how many lobes involved.
2. open him up at vets and remove what they can.
3. pts.
Vet said as it's already bleeding it makes things a bit tricky, and it can be knocked in everyday life, prior to chemo taking effect.

I asked what he woud do and he said either 1 or 3, but consider what's involved for dog with this.

As he's only under sedation I've said, I'm going to bring him home for the night, and they can come and pts him at home tomorrow. They've given him pain relief.
My rationale is If he had been under then I would have said don't bring him back round. I don't like the thought of him being in vets all day poked and prodded and then PTS.

I hope I'm doing the right thing.............
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2012, 04:01 PM
I think you will be doing the right thing for your beloved Dennis - and for yourself.

(((hugs))) xx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2012, 04:09 PM
So sorry the news is bad. Be brave for your boy and spend a night of kisses and cuddles with him. I will be thinking of you
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Sorry it's bad news
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »