View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Look forward to hearing how well it is all going in a few months.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by tinnies4 View Post
i do wish people would stop telling me what not to do when i havnt said that i do it. i said she prefers sticks, i never said i throw them for her!
im not quite sure how this post got onto the fact that i cant recall my dog when i have no problems with it which i have stated...its everyone else that keeps telling me i will have a problem with it in a few weeks when shes more confident. i am still training her, and she is a very attentive puppy, a lot more than her sister. so i think im dong a pretty good job really. but from all your posts i now feel like im a bad puppy owner and im doing a really crap job!
You are obviously not a crap owner because you are on here seeking advice and trying to do the best you can for you puppy. Good for you!!! But all puppies go through a "Kevin" phase where it looks like everything you have taught them has gone out of the window overnight. We are just trying to help you avoid the frustration that goes with that.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by tinnies4 View Post
hi there, just wanted some advice as my puppy who is a wiemaraner x springer spaniel has just started going for walks for the past week.
what id like to know is if i am walkin her too much? we have been takin her for 40-60mins twice a day. most of this is on the lead and we did let her off the lead for most of it yesturday so she could get used to the other dogs etc.
But she seems to be sleeping a lot more. like today she has only been up 30 mins and now she back asleep and we havnt even been for a walk yet.
i know she will sleep alot as she is exercising more but before she was going out for walks she would be awake 3-4 hours sometimes before napping again.
is there something wrong with her or is it normal for a puppy who has just started going for walks?
i think your pup is so tired because you are over exercising it so much!!

generally follow the 5 minute rule... so say 3 month old pup.. 15 minute walk.
tinnies4
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2011, 07:54 AM
im sorry but its the way a couple of you put accross your answers...yeh the answers are great help...most of it...but when someone says "please do not throw sticks for your dog" really upsets me because for one...it sounds like they are telling me i am doing it when i never have...i know the risks when it comes to sticks, i had a previous dog die from it so i have first hand experience...
i said she prefers sticks to balls...doesnt mean i like it. and at 13 weeks i cannot train every aspect into her head as its too much for her.
as for recall well my original post had nothing to do with recall. yeh she might become unruley and im prepared for that but i think if i persevere now and dont stop the training just because i think i got it sussed (cos i dont)
i thank you all for the advice on walking her too much..you learn something new every day and i never knew the 5min per month of age thing before...but again the way in which it was said upset me again..."omg stop walking your dog that long" or something along those lines,
all im saying is i do appreciate the advice but its not hard to write it in a more respectable way. i hope you understand this.
thank you all for your time.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3