Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by bolty
if i do give her more she will leave some, like i said the only meal she will eat and not all of it is her brekky, i do offer her the other 3 meals but she will not eat even 1 bikky from them

Do what Archer suggested, and find a nutritional food.
Once Ruby is eating properly (i.e 2 or 3 meals a day), you will probably find her weight will increase anyway.
The thing is about Bakers, is that is is mainly colourings/additives (as stated before).
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
i think that she need to put on weight too

i feed my dogs bakers (its down in the day at all times) that they only dry food my dogs will eat, they didnt like burns or any of the "good foods"
but a bowl of bakers is down and at the end of the night between 3 of them its gone (my dogs are not greedy) at night they get either chicken, mince, liver, uncooked tripe and kidneys and sometimes hearts!

if i could change bakers then i would, the only other food they will eat is iams and after founding out alot about them there is no way i will buy that stuff

my dogs are healthy they have shinny coats, there teeth are white and bessie and beanie are not hypo and borris is because hes a pup!

if the only food they eat is bakers and they wont eat anything else dry wise then what can u do!
I agree Hayley!! With Mollys allergies we found it really hard to find a dog food that she could eat and that she liked and Bakers was the only one! They are both healthy dogs and have beautiful shiny coats (not like a lot of labs u see out there) and their teeth are white. They are not unhappy dogs and their bowel movements are normal. If you put a bowl of bakers down in our house it will certainly go but anything else (including stuff our breeder and vet gave us) and they wont touch it.

Bakers isnt that bad!!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:57 AM
she does seem a little thin hun and like the others said also sounds like a picky eater
that can be a real problem in dogs, like everyone else said, find a food, stick to it and only leave it down for say 20 mins, then pick it up then at her next meal time, put it back down for a further 20 mins, if she still doesnt eat it then back up it goes, carry on like this and be strict, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind, she will soon realise she is getting nothing else and start to eat it,, we had it with bonnie and she didnt eat for 3 days, i was beside myself with guilt but sticking to my guns paid off

good luck hun x x x x
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by franc1987
I agree Hayley!! With Mollys allergies we found it really hard to find a dog food that she could eat and that she liked and Bakers was the only one! They are both healthy dogs and have beautiful shiny coats (not like a lot of labs u see out there) and their teeth are white. They are not unhappy dogs and their bowel movements are normal. If you put a bowl of bakers down in our house it will certainly go but anything else (including stuff our breeder and vet gave us) and they wont touch it.

Bakers isnt that bad!!
All breands will suit some dogs.The reason behind suggesting changing the food is that Ruby is eating a limited quantity of feed and if she is only eating one small bowl of complete it is better that it is of a more concentrated food than of a food such of Bakers that has lots of fillers.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3