View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 09:40 PM
have you ever tried using the ice technique to stop the siezures ?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-09-2011, 08:20 AM
UPDATE. We got through an extremely difficult evening without another seizure but Pereg was definitely acting strangely and not herself, and I am still not sure whether it was delayed post-ictal behaviour or just acting up.

She woke me just before 6.30am today, panting heavily and with a "not Pereg" expression in her eyes, so I was quite prepared for her to seize again. So far she is OK but rather dozy so maybe it is a result of the extra Pb she had yesterday, although that should have been out of her system by now.

JoedeeUK - Pereg comes out of the actual seizures fairly quickly, and it is better I stay with her than try to get to the refrigerator to get ice to cool her. I do, however, empty loads of ice cubes into her water bowl as she always goes straight to it after she has come out of the seizure.

Thank you all for being with me yesterday. I honestly do not know how I would cope if I did not have you all to talk to. It means a great deal to me because I know you are all supporting me. Thank you.

We will cope, Pereg and I - because there is no choice but to cope. I am not going to give up on my girl, however difficult and heartbreaking it is for me.

Because I love her. It is as simple as that.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Hugs to you both.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2011, 10:45 AM
The Ice method stops the seizure & reducing the brain damage that occurs with every seizure
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

17-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
The Ice method stops the seizure & reducing the brain damage that occurs with every seizure
I have read all about the ice method but unfortunately getting to the refrigerator or freezer would take me far too long to be able to help, especially as Pereg tends to seize where I am unable to get past her. Yesterday she was stretched right across the bedroom doorway so I had to wait for her to get up and move before I could even get out of the bedroom.

As I am unable to step over her I have to wait for her to come out of it and move so that I could get past her to get her medication, which I keep in the kitchen.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I have read all about the ice method but unfortunately getting to the refrigerator or freezer would take me far too long to be able to help, especially as Pereg tends to seize where I am unable to get past her. Yesterday she was stretched right across the bedroom doorway so I had to wait for her to get up and move before I could even get out of the bedroom.

As I am unable to step over her I have to wait for her to come out of it and move so that I could get past her to get her medication, which I keep in the kitchen.
then why not divide it into pots for each room?

also if u had a couple of small picnic ice coolers made in the morning in a couple of rooms?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

17-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Perhaps a small cooler bag which I could sling across the handles of my chair would do? I have those little polythene bags that you fill with water to make small round ice cubes, so could put a couple of frozen ones in the bag each morning.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Sorry to read Pereg has had another episode Malka.

Some good ideas given in the way of ice & food though. I can't really advise as I've never had this with my lot. It must be so difficult for you though.

A huge hug to you both xxxxxxx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3