Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Ok i did find the man walking a muzzled hyena a tad disturbing.lol
Yes - what the heck was all that about?!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I don't understand what part of your case you just rested? lol

SB - we are talking another 4 years before all this happens.. and I will be researching it before - not making the same mistake twice
I think because you said you'd be getting a GSD and that was the condition you'd puton your other half - re the protection?

The club I have recently joined is almost an hour away. There are 2 main trainers and a couple of helpers who will look at each dog as it is worked and everybody makes suggestions to help the handler get the best out fo their dog.

Also, I absolutely CANNOT do the protection work without the tracking and obedience. The obedience element is such an importanr part because of the level of control a handler needs over a dog that is involved in protection work.

For me personally, I was looking for something more for my dogs, Zane particularly. I am happy for him to do the BH, tracking and obedience. If he NEVER does the protection work, I'll still be happy with him. I just want eaxch of them to be the very best they can be; but in what they each are personally capable of.

So for example, Jenzi has HD and will never do the obedience ro protection. but she can do the tracking and hopefully achieve FH1/FH2. She isn't less of a dog for NOT doing the protection work.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 11:28 PM
SLB said: I don't understand what part of your case you just rested? lol

I said: people are attracted to the "sexy" bits, not the boring bits.

SLB said: My OH is planning on getting a GSD after he's done in the army and I've told him about this and he really liked the Protection side of it more than any of the other bits.

I said: I rest my case.

Because SLB demonstrated that their OH had EXACTLY the same attitude as the person in Murfs first post at the beginning of this thread!

Clear?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post

So for example, Jenzi has HD and will never do the obedience ro protection. but she can do the tracking and hopefully achieve FH1/FH2. She isn't less of a dog for NOT doing the protection work.
My Weim was really not interested in bitework but she got her BH, FH1 and FH2 in Schutzhund.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
SLB said: I don't understand what part of your case you just rested? lol

I said: people are attracted to the "sexy" bits, not the boring bits.

SLB said: My OH is planning on getting a GSD after he's done in the army and I've told him about this and he really liked the Protection side of it more than any of the other bits.

I said: I rest my case.

Because SLB demonstrated that their OH had EXACTLY the same attitude as the person in Murfs first post at the beginning of this thread!

Clear?
Perfectly, thank you. I think with Men it would be the attractiveness of having a dog that can bite on command that makes that so appealing. I did tell him that if we didn't find a club, then the dog would be training in Obedience.

But as I said - we've got at least 4 years in which circumstances might change..
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3