View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 01:01 AM
\you know, me n dad often go camping and caravanning together. Both taking the dogs. Last few weeks, we went up to Yorkshire, and many houses said 'eggs/veg for sale'

honesty box..............

We couldn't have that where I live... You are sooooo lucky.

If We could get jobs, we would move to where you are....(either North or South)

Debbie x
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Majuka,

Just finished my week of nights !!

I saw the pictures of Pereg enjoying his breakfast today. But I saw them at 1.00 pm after last night. I went in tonight at 7.30pm and the girl who was supposed to be on holiday turns in! I was a little perturbed to say the least!!!

This is my morning.... so good morning. Those photos of Pereg were brilliant!!!

She is beautiful.. Looks like our Molly who we lost at Easter!! Just a little shorter. What is she crossed with? Ours was Manchester Terrier crossed with Jack Russell.

He looks a lot better than the beginning of the week.

Debs x
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It's the state of the economy imo. Everyone is struggling, the weekly food shop has doubled over the past year, gas and electric will be going up by a further 18% I think I heard yesterday Small businesses are struggling to survive, everyone's hanging onto their money and only purchasing those essentials atm. The good times have definitely disappeared and with them, along went our feel good factor, which then turned into despair, then into anger.

We all know what's going on, those that have nothing get the lot, whereas those that work hard, be it in their own business or a well earned job that they got after training hard to get, well, they're probably thinking, what am I doing it all for?! Might as well stop paying the mortgage, hand in the keys and live off the Government in the lifestyle a lot of other people seem to enjoy who aren't working.......maybe, I dunno, but that's the way we both feel now

Then you've got the older generation who have money stashed in the bank which they saved hard for to give them a better retirement, but instead of living off the interest, they're getting nowt and having to dip in to their savings, of which there's very little left I suppose. They can't even sell their properties if they relocated to Spain or somewhere, and it's now just the same in the UK, the buyers have gone, everyone's frightened to take the plunge, even the big investors have gone, hence the price of gold rocketing, they know that's safe!

Oh it's all doom and gloom Jen, is it any wonder everyone's walking around with a long face

I don't let it all get me down though, I'm still smiling, so is Dave, there's always something around that corner for us, I'm the eternal optimist and somehow I can manage to make Dave think the same, even though it's hard sometimes coz he's totally fed up of running a business in this climate!
True. The last 11 years of economic growth has been a mirage. Mirage based on credit pumped in to the system, basically printing money. Politicians and business executives only think of the next election or the next bonus. To stop the economy deflating back in 00, and ever since, they have continually tried to increase the money supply. To do that interest rates have to be low. Also to pay off the debt, governments choose to inflate their way out and also devalue their currency. This policy has the effect of wiping out the middle class so you have the few wealthy elite and then the peasants. The situation in communism AND fascism. People are angry because they are living through this process. Bottom line the elite think there are too many people in the world and they do not want us using up the planet's resources, eating meat etc. A bit like Trophy Lugs (as my dad calls him! Prince Charles) telling us not to fly or drive when he flies private and has a fleet of Astons and Bentleys!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 06:02 AM
I don't think people are angry all the time. Certainly that is not my experience. The vast majority of people that I meet are kind, courteous and helpful.
I actually believe that if people got more angry in times of austerity we wouldn't have seen the mass coming together of communities to clear up after the riots.

I think the media...and sites like this, have a lot to do with people's perception of things. Part of the reason I stopped frequenting forums as much because I thought I was going to get attacked everytime I looked out of the window with a dog, let alone stepped outside...they made me nervous because of what I was reading all the time. I think that can also happen on a broader scale about society...the odd stories from around the world that you read about in your home, make you think it is all on your doorstep. Not good.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by BangKaew View Post
This policy has the effect of wiping out the middle class so you have the few wealthy elite and then the peasants. The situation in communism AND fascism. People are angry because they are living through this process. Bottom line the elite think there are too many people in the world and they do not want us using up the planet's resources, eating meat etc.

Interesting outlook, not sure when the Middle Class were exterminated, but they are alive and well in the UK and several other countries I know?!

I do not think that the view that there are too many people in the world is exclusive to the "elite"?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I don't think people are angry all the time. Certainly that is not my experience. The vast majority of people that I meet are kind, courteous and helpful.
I actually believe that if people got more angry in times of austerity we wouldn't have seen the mass coming together of communities to clear up after the riots.

I think the media...and sites like this, have a lot to do with people's perception of things. Part of the reason I stopped frequenting forums as much because I thought I was going to get attacked everytime I looked out of the window with a dog, let alone stepped outside...they made me nervous because of what I was reading all the time. I think that can also happen on a broader scale about society...the odd stories from around the world that you read about in your home, make you think it is all on your doorstep. Not good.
I think people were angry about the way their areas were trashed by the rioters, I think that's what motivated the show of strength when they turned out to clear it all up. I think the majority of people didn't blame anyone other than the rioters for what happened.

The media does go overboard with the reporting and trying to analyse everything to the enth degree but normal people still go about their business as normal and reach their own conclusions without living in fear.
As for all the threads on dog attacks my experience of walking for hours every day has taught me that while it's possible that my dogs might be attacked it's not that likely. I can only take reasonable precautions and take it from there.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

Are you trying to tell me to get a life?
I did make a decision today to spend less time on the pc mainly because I don't like a lot of what I'm seeing/reading
no -
As Voltaire said - Il faut cultiver notre jardin
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Interesting outlook, not sure when the Middle Class were exterminated, but they are alive and well in the UK and several other countries I know?!

I do not think that the view that there are too many people in the world is exclusive to the "elite"?
Of course the middle class are alive and well and I used the term in the American sense, that is middle income. Inflating your way out of debt, devaluation of your currency all hurts the middle class the most and wipes out savings. Like what happened in Argentina a dozen years ago or so.

As to the writings of think tanks like the Fabien Society and the Club of Rome. Not only do they want a population reduction, but they know that it is the West that is consuming the resources so they want to decrease our ability to do that. The Elite will not be affected though.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
no -
As Voltaire said - Il faut cultiver notre jardin
As you sow, so shall you reap.....Galatians VI
I do try
I have decided a cull of friends is the way to go
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Me and eversuffering was just saying last night as we sat outside with our whiskey and lemonade......How much people seem to be arguing!!! As we had more whiskey more reasons came out... it is in the water... it is a conspiracy.... we have been infected by aliens....YUP!!!! seems to be more of it going on!!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >