Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
My dogs do all that stuff too and yet their collars seem to stand up pretty well, two of them have rogzfordogz and one has a very pretty black with a white celtic design off ebay. I just chuck them in the washing machine and they look as good as new.
Had a look at the Rogz site but they all seem to be nylon webbing type...I have found that putting them in the washing machine makes the D-rings tarnish or they go all bobbly....plus no collar for a while.
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
I like a good leather collar.

If the dogs have had a good time swimming/ rolling etc, when they're curled up having a snooze, I get to treat the leather and polish the brass fittings
I seen the ones you ordered they look really smart but maybe your dogs are the more discerning type? tbh, they look great when new but I'd rather still be out with the dog than cleaning/treating collars (same reason I have short coated dog!) Plus sometimes the burn and the pond really do make them stink!
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
My collars are made from beta biothane which is strong (used on horses) and wipe clean.
But would that absorb the grit etc? are they buckle or clip? Cool designs/patterns?
Originally Posted by tattoogirl73 View Post
i'v just ordered Opie a matching collar and lead from the lizardleathercollars.com website. clare makes all the leads and collars in leather by hand. Opie loves to roll in mud and puddles, but as long as i make sure i clean it regularly it will last a long time.
Cool but think I will go for the least up-keep needed

knew I missed a quote! Smokeybear, I have that one on the shortlist!

Tabitha: Dex does look very smart in that collar It suits him and it does look very clean

Perhaps I should show what I mean by mud.....

...thats sometimes mild then a bath in the pond....
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I have just come back from swimming my two in a lake full of pondweed, ducks, swans and other stuff, it is great to have a collar that does not retain moisture and thus be a soggy neck band; that with one wipe of the towel is dry, does not go bobbly, smell, rot, and still look pristine week after week and not need to go into washing machine, or be treated especially.

I saw my first one on a SWD that I was examining for Bronze and was so impressed I bought one and have not regretted it.

Not cheap, but immensely practical and will be interesting to see if its lifespan is the same or longer than other collars I have used.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 06:10 PM
and this would look cool with that Sultan collar, dont you think?

https://www.dublindog.com/Dublin-Dog...roducts_id=323

not sure why its a clip like that though
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
and this would look cool with that Sultan collar, dont you think?

https://www.dublindog.com/Dublin-Dog...roducts_id=323

not sure why its a clip like that though
So you can interchange the looks, a bit like having different watch bands don't you know!

I like that tag, it has an 007 feel about it, shaken, not stirred!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
So you can interchange the looks, a bit like having different watch bands don't you know!

I like that tag, it has an 007 feel about it, shaken, not stirred!
haha, thats a good one you should email that suggestion

just showed someone they say 'NAH!' I say
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 06:54 PM
No they don't absorb grit. Both my boys wear them and they go in mud/water/poo ect, and the collars wipe clean.
I make gear for horses as well so they have been well tested in all weathers.
Pm me if you want more details.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 02:26 PM
well I have ordered the Sultan Collar and the red enamel Player tag BUT my delivery details dont seem right when I signed back in (no spaces and country missing) and the advertised 20% off the tag didnt exist once I got to the checkout (but thats not a lot and I still want it anyway..)

Have sent off an email to them asking them to confirm the delivery address and let them know I havent got the registration email. So I will keep you updated (cant wait to get the collar and tag! think he will suit them)

SB I have thought of another good reason for the clip on the tag....can unclip for going in the pond so it dosnt get tarnished/chipped....whether I will or not.....
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3